What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Slick Rick to Ole Miss?

Good. It flashed over me this AM on the way to work that Slick in Stinkoln would suck. Clownahan is leaving some talent behind and slick has shown he can do good things early on with others talent.

Terrible fit. Slick isn't a good fit for any SEC team because a running game is essential.

I am amazed at how quickly these schools are hiring people!

A&M hired a new coach less than a week after Fran resigned.
Ole Miss hired a new coach less than a week after they fired Org.

Any bets on how long it'll take Dr. Tom to land a coach? Weeks? A month?

We can only hope this coaching search closely resembles the last one, including the long, drawn-out process and the 4th choice coach (because the first 3 say no).

I'll bet that doesnt happen. From the sound of it, things are moving quickly.

Looks like they just hired Houston Nutt, good for them. Slick dont deserve another head job anywhere at any level.

LuKe

Rick is now the frontrunner at Georgia Tech.

Any school that hires that POS will get what's coming to them.

If he goes to GT, their fans better get ready for an extremely undisciplined team that can't count to 11 and has no running game.

Any school that hires that POS will get what's coming to them.

If he goes to GT, their fans better get ready for an extremely undisciplined team that can't count to 11 and has no running game.

you forgot the part where he wins a bunch of games with someone else's recruits.

Last edited:
report carried on ESPN as well as locally, Slick Rick to UCLA IF U$C wins this weekend.

report carried on ESPN as well as locally, Slick Rick to UCLA IF U wins this weekend.

That one scares me a bit. With his ability to recruit, I think Rick has the Bruins back in 2-3 years. Plus, it'll make it all that more difficult to get kids out of Cali when we're up against a good UCLA program in addition to SC, Cal, etc.

That one scares me a bit. With his ability to recruit, I think Rick has the Bruins back in 2-3 years. Plus, it'll make it all that more difficult to get kids out of Cali when we're up against a good UCLA program in addition to SC, Cal, etc.

I wonder if Skippy will ask Dorrell to be his oc?:smile2:

Skippy to ucla will probably have the same effect he had at udoub. He'll hit a couple of big recruits, win early, and after a few years- it may last longer now that he's a bit more experienced- his program will crap out into one big boggy morose. It'll make Toledo's parking gate look tame.

Rick can recruit, but I wonder how his first class of 8 wr's, 2 smallish fast RB's, 4 QB's and 2 CB/KR's will be received.

Rick can recruit, but I wonder how his first class of 8 wr's, 2 smallish fast RB's, 4 QB's and 2 CB/KR's will be received.

A repeat of pygmies in the backfield.:thumbsup: The echoes off of the center's ass confused the team not the playbook.:lol:

report carried on ESPN as well as locally, Slick Rick to UCLA IF USC wins this weekend.

Cali is just like Texas and Florida in that they have more talent than the four big schools can absorb. Not everyone will get offers to SC or UCLA and thus their choices will boil down to going out of state or to a lesser Cali program like Fresno or SDSU.

Kill this thread. They hired Nutt.

Orgeron was a madd recruiter. Watch out; Ole Miss might be a terror as soon as next year. You know he'll have a hard on everyear when the Arkansas game comes around.

The SEC sits atop the deepest local talent pool in the the country. Nowhere has parity become more obvioius in that conference. Its like all the teams have a salary cap in that they are all pretty equal and no team seems to dominate any other year over year. When that occurs it all comes down to coaching and game plan.

Last edited:

They will love it even more when they realize that only two of them will ever qualify to make it onto campus. :thumbsup:

I bet Rick's return to the college game goes a little better 2nd time arround. It'd be good to see him do better. I don't like what he did to our program but I liked him.

Well, that explains a lot.:wink2:

I never liked the dude. He reminds me of a college suitemate I had. Always looking for a loophole. Always looking for ways to violate the spirit, but not the letter of the rules. Always looking for the angle.

You can keep guys like that. I have no use for them.

I never liked the dude. He reminds me of a college suitemate I had. Always looking for a loophole. Always looking for ways to violate the spirit, but not the letter of the rules. Always looking for the angle.

Hey-

I never lived with you....

You can keep guys like that. I have no use for them.

:yeahthat:

Back