1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slick Rick, Year 4...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Oct 3, 2011.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Desperately seeking some reasons to come back off the ledge after the Buffs roll over for Wazzu at home, I consider Tricky and his expected collapse a fUCLA.

Here is a post: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=12&f=1738&t=8031715

The guy is like clockwork, succes the first couple of years, then a decline into sloppy, penalized, lack of fundamental FB. I guess we could be in year four and seeing a talented team lose, instead of year one watching a marginally talented team lose. It is all a matter of perspective.

2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Slick has been the snake oil salesman since he became a head coach. Not once has he made a team better than when he arrived but everyone thinks he is some super genius.

Lane Kiffin is Slick Rick v2.0

3. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Still performing the Neuheimlich with precision.

4. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

This is what I don't understand. Why do people keep giving him HC jobs? He has failed everywhere he has been as HC.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

He will roll Wazzu this weekend though. It's a given that every team that beats us gets the piss beat out of them the next week.

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

No doubt...

7. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Great post - he's always been the consummate face man, salesman, charmer. Never underestimate the power of appearance - he's the Sarah Palin of college football.

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

after he destroyed CU and uw, he didn't get a hc job for a long time. he got the ucla job, imho, because ucla is notoriously cheap and won't pay prime coaching salaries. so, the fact that he was an alum and would work cheaply overrode the other concerns. he won't get another hc gig after this that matters, unless he really shows some good work as a coordinator or something for several years somewhere else.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Liver is right. He is at UCLA because they will not pay for good candidates.

The most ridiculous thing about Skippy is his rep as a QB guru.

10. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

UCLA being bad greatly benefits us. Hopefully they keep him around or hire a crap coach again

11. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i always thought it was weird to hire Rick after canning Dorrell...like canning Hawkins and hiring Dirk Koetter.

12. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

This. I have no idea what makes either of them attractive.

13. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

With the right coaching staff, UCLA could be very dangerous. That would definitely hurt us in SoCal recruiting.

14. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

UCLA is the aggy of the Pac 12. Doing less with more than just about everyone else, year in and year out.

15. Cal84

Cal84 Member

Unless UCLA pulls one out of their ass and winds up with a winning record, you'd have to figure the Weasel is gone after this year. New coach would presumably be a young unknown (relatively) who is willing to work cheap because it's a big stage (potentially). An young energetic new coach in that spot could definitely make some waves in recruiting. So I think that competition is coming sooner rather than later....

16. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

I root against Skippy. I'd like him to win a few games and Rasputin his way into staying @ UCLA. However, if they can him I will enjoy that too. It's comical watching his routine of aw shucks while destroying another program. And yes a warm body could recruit @ UCLA, it's not too difficult.