What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Smilin' Sonny Negotiating his Retirement

I'm gonna give Sonny his due, CSU was truly a bottom feeder before he got there (they might be again). He did a great job with limited talent, facilities, support, etc. I know I hate playing the lammies every year, wish it was off the schedule -- I think he had something to do with that.

Screw Sonny.. And all the clown Denver sportswriters like Kreiger all waxing poetic on the clown and how he should have a lifetime job there just goes to show how unbiased clowns they are..

At least Kiszla spoke the truth about Sonny and how he should GO HOME..

See ya Sonny.. As I've said before, I'm just disappointed you didn't hang around one or two more years until Hawk hung a half-hundred on your ass..

From ESPN when referring to CSU negotiating with Sonny...

"Rick Callan, a graduate and member of the Touchdown Club booster group also was angry. "The damage this could do could potentially derail the train," he said."

Derail the 2-10 train that has been getting progressively worse every year? That's like saying firing Callahan would derail NU's rebuilding effort.

Sonny is a great HC and a great guy, but his assistants weren't up to snuff and if he doesn't change them they aren't going to get better. And he's said he won't fire any of his assistants?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127034

Last edited:
Yeah, what train is that?

CSU fans will forget Sonny so fast if the new coach starts winning..

I totally disagree. Lubejob will enjoy near Godlike status in Lammie folklore like Mac did for us & Warden Tom did for the fuskers. People will say with reverence "Sonny sat at my table during the coaches luncheon..." and the next coach will have to deal with fans and boosters saying in the back ground "Sonny said he needs to recruit more Dline guys" or "Sonny thinks they got spirit but need to work on their fundamentals"... What Lubejob did over the last 15 years far outweighs his how his team did his last two seasons. I don't like the guy at all but I also don't think there was more than 2 or 3 coaches in the whole country who could have done what he did in Fort Collins.

Back