1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smilin' Sonny Negotiating his Retirement

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffSax, Nov 25, 2007.

1. BuffSax

BuffSax Member

2. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

What field did his parents name him after? I dont know of any Sonny Field.

3. BuffSax

BuffSax Member

"Field named after him"

Better?

4. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I'm gonna give Sonny his due, CSU was truly a bottom feeder before he got there (they might be again). He did a great job with limited talent, facilities, support, etc. I know I hate playing the lammies every year, wish it was off the schedule -- I think he had something to do with that.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Screw Sonny.. And all the clown Denver sportswriters like Kreiger all waxing poetic on the clown and how he should have a lifetime job there just goes to show how unbiased clowns they are..

At least Kiszla spoke the truth about Sonny and how he should GO HOME..

See ya Sonny.. As I've said before, I'm just disappointed you didn't hang around one or two more years until Hawk hung a half-hundred on your ass..

6. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

From ESPN when referring to CSU negotiating with Sonny...

"Rick Callan, a graduate and member of the Touchdown Club booster group also was angry. "The damage this could do could potentially derail the train," he said."

Derail the 2-10 train that has been getting progressively worse every year? That's like saying firing Callahan would derail NU's rebuilding effort.

Sonny is a great HC and a great guy, but his assistants weren't up to snuff and if he doesn't change them they aren't going to get better. And he's said he won't fire any of his assistants?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127034

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  7. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Yep. Time for Sonny to take his leave. Although his house is on a golf course I frequent so it will be more like "Get your ball outta my yard!" (I suck :sad1:)

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, what train is that?

CSU fans will forget Sonny so fast if the new coach starts winning..

9. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I totally disagree. Lubejob will enjoy near Godlike status in Lammie folklore like Mac did for us & Warden Tom did for the fuskers. People will say with reverence "Sonny sat at my table during the coaches luncheon..." and the next coach will have to deal with fans and boosters saying in the back ground "Sonny said he needs to recruit more Dline guys" or "Sonny thinks they got spirit but need to work on their fundamentals"... What Lubejob did over the last 15 years far outweighs his how his team did his last two seasons. I don't like the guy at all but I also don't think there was more than 2 or 3 coaches in the whole country who could have done what he did in Fort Collins.

10. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

He sat in my den one cold November afternoon in 1999, will CSU fans reverence that? :thumbsup: