What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SMU expresses interest in joining Big 12

Not really. Look at schedules. You see some conference openers early with ooc games happening later.

Forget the SEC, too. Most of those teams don't want to leave their region. They're much more interested in playing FIU or LA-Monroe or Troy than they are a team from Kansas.

IIRC, that is mostly an SEC thing (but they aint messing with out of region games after september, like you said), and the PAC12 is making OOC schedules only happen in the first 3-4 weeks of the season. And from what I've learned about Big10 OOC scheduling by reading up on the OSU game, they get most or all of their OOC games in (except for, again, ND games) early.

IIRC, that is mostly an SEC thing (but they aint messing with out of region games after september, like you said), and the PAC12 is making OOC schedules only happen in the first 3-4 weeks of the season. And from what I've learned about Big10 OOC scheduling by reading up on the OSU game, they get most or all of their OOC games in (except for, again, ND games) early.

8 game conference schedules are very workable, though. We saw them at CU as recently as last season. I think 7 was where it went to far, which is why I amended the idea.

8 game conference schedules are very workable, though. We saw them at CU as recently as last season. I think 7 was where it went to far, which is why I amended the idea.
Fair nuff. Now all that needs to happen is to kick BU and TTU out and invite BYU and ND in. Seems easy.

Fair nuff. Now all that needs to happen is to kick BU and TTU out and invite BYU and ND in. Seems easy.

You know, Baylor would be a great choice to contract. You need one private school in the conference to avoid some reporting requirements and to be able to keep some things confidential. But if you add ND and BYU that goes away.

You know, Baylor would be a great choice to contract. You need one private school in the conference to avoid some reporting requirements and to be able to keep some things confidential. But if you add ND and BYU that goes away.
All you needed was the first sentence. Everything else was filler.

Kicking schools out of the conference would be a problem but they would just do like the MWC schools did to the WAC and leave en mass. They would lose the name and the Logo but the SWC schools have been through that before and it didn't bother them. They would take enough schools with them to vote themseves out of any penalty before leaving.

Notre Dame = total pipe dream. If they were going to join ANY conference, it would be Big 10 or Big East.
BYU = possible, but do you want to travel to Utah every year for road games?
Houston = possible. They have a 32,000 seat stadium. They would not ADD anything to the conference, really.
Air Force = LOL
Colorado State = LOL x 2
New Mexico = LOL x 3
Boise State = You want to travel to Boise freaking Idaho?? You thought Ames, Iowa was bad?
SMU = see Houston. They have at least shown they are willing to cheat to win, so they would fit in with the Big 12.

You people are idots when it comes to Boise and how nice it is there.
1) Boise roadie >>>>>>>>>Ames
2) In fact
Boise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OKC or any other of the Oklahoma ****holes you love so much Slade - and yes, I have lived in Oklahoma too.
3) Boise >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than alot of other places in the US

BUT - as far as realignment is concerned and talking TVs, no way Boise makes the big time anytime soon, no TV footprint unless more asshole Californians move up there and that's the last thing Boise needs, more Californians.

They've already ruined Colorado - leave Idaho alone you assholes! :nod:

My apologies - my post was poorly drafted.

UT doesn't want to fly to Boise, Idaho for a football game (or a basketball game, or a volleyball game, or any kind of game). The same is true for OU, OSU, Texas Tech, etc.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the college town. It has all to do with the travel and getting their own fans to the games.

A tip of the hat to Jimmy for using "expresses" in the title, and also to Skiddy for using "pony" as a verb in one of his posts.

Back