What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So Baylor is not on the list...

Just listened to the morning "update" (not enough info for new thread) from the Chipper on 104.9 in Austin. While he does think Baylor has a "shot" to replace us on the invite list, his overall tone was less than positive.

Most talk centered around WWNDD (what will Notre Dame Do?) in a possible invite to the B10. They are dictating terms to the B10 (only invite ND and no one else) and the B10 is agreeing. However, due to the B12 deadline to kNU and Mizzou, the B10 is forcing a ND decision by that time too (June 15th - my anniversary, wonderful...:smile2:).

Bottom Line: Notre Dame got what they wanted - the press and them now being the key to all this expansion happening or not happening. If ND goes to the B10, everything stops, kNU and Mizzou stay put (probably us too) and UT gets to continue to dominate the B12 like they wanted.
If ND doesn't go, then the first card at the base of the house of cards has been pulled and the rest will fall...

ND prolly realizes that this is it. If they say no then watch MU NU or both go into the B10 they will not be able to dictate terms to get in later.

The P10 on the other hand might still invite 6 teams. They seem bent on making a mega conference with their own TV network. If that happens you'll probably see chaos as the remnants of the Big12 invite TCU, SMU, HOUSTON, CSU and maybe two more schools to sure up whats left of the conference. Or it'll just implode with teams going where ever.

It's not about Baylor. It's about what the P10 will do to get Texas.

Texas doesn't even want Baylor, though. The only people who want Baylor as part of this deal are the folks at Baylor. I get the distinct impression that this Baylor campaign took the folks at UT by surprise, and they're a little embarassed by it.

True but I'll take any hits I can get at this point. Anything is better than nothing or Kizla and Ringo trying to pump up the MWC

Not enough of a hit IMO. He lends too much credence to Buddy/Starr's ridiculous claims.

:stupid:

More over, he refers to this potential new Super Conference as the "Pac-Tex Conference." :rolling_eyes: I'm actually surprised he referred to the Pac history at all. Why not just call it the "Texas Conference."

Texas doesn't even want Baylor, though. The only people who want Baylor as part of this deal are the folks at Baylor. I get the distinct impression that this Baylor campaign took the folks at UT by surprise, and they're a little embarassed by it.

I'm not saying they do. But if they are forced to take Baylor by the state legislature, CU is ****ed. How do you think Tech and Okie Light are getting invites? State school politics. Baylor being private might be the only thing that ends up saving CU's ass if things go down.

Back