What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So DII Danny Was At The Game I See ....

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
20101113__FBCCU__KSO8115%7Ep1.jpg

Misti sure looked thrilled.

That's very cool and appropriate.

His son is the QB, he recruited these players, and he hired these coaches. As hard as it must be for him, that was great that he was there today.

I'm totally cool with Dan Hawkins as a player's parent and fan of the program.

His son is the QB, he recruited these players, and he hired these coaches. As hard as it must be for him, that was great that he was there today.

+ 1

A CU fan...don't think so....a Cody fan and a NIKE fan. I guess with all his millions, he couldn't buy a new CU hat.

Leave town already!

You know what -- lay off the guy. I really doubt he took the job all those years ago with al Qaeda-esqe plan to destroy CU football from within. He didn't make it here, but he seems like a good guy and people should just lay off. He wants to watch his son finish out his college career. What the hell is so wrong with that? Some of y'all are absolute jackals.

props to Hawk for showing up for the game. Had to have been tough/awkward for him. Granted, I would have liked to have seen a CU hat on the guy, but whatever...

no I didn't take the picture-
I'm cool with him there... not 'dogging' him, just thought it was an interesting pic

+1 as well.

He recruited these guys, he has a bunch of people he hired coaching, most importantly his son is starting as a senior.

As much as I wanted him gone and long before this I don't ever believe that Dan wanted to lose at CU. He was just in over his head and could never get out of the hole he dug for himself.

( Won't let me rep you but I would if I could.)

If he wants to come to games and support the program I welcome him. Nothing we are going to say is going to change 19-39, time to move on.

Reactions: GBL
Parents of our players have a special place in this program. The back story is inconsequential.

That's his kid on the field. Of course he should be there in the capacity as a dad.

P.S. I guess he couldn't find a hat with the middle finger extended....because that's what he was saying with the NIKE hat as he goes off into the sunset with millions of CU dollars.

+1 as well.

He recruited these guys, he has a bunch of people he hired coaching, most importantly his son is starting as a senior.

As much as I wanted him gone and long before this I don't ever believe that Dan wanted to lose at CU. He was just in over his head and could never get out of the hole he dug for himself.

If he wants to come to games and support the program I welcome him. Nothing we are going to say is going to change 19-39, time to move on.

well said MtnBuff!!!

+1 as well.

Rep. I am tired of the negativity and want to move on. Hoping for a better year! Go CU!

P.S. I guess he couldn't find a hat with the middle finger extended....because that's what he was saying with the NIKE hat as he goes off into the sunset with millions of CU dollars.

You think...maybe he was trying to be inconspicuous? Just a thought.

NOW is the time to finally say what needs to be said....why is everyone now all of a sudden, so nice?! Gawd! This is Division 1 football and he has been a joke.

Bitter.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this attitude. He should be able to attend the games, watch his son finish out and feel welcome in doing so. It has to be very uncomfortable for him; glad he was there.

Go Buffs

While there may be some truth to this, I am glad he was there to watch his son play some pretty good football today. I expected him to be there, and frankly, I would have been surprised had he not come to see Cody play.

I am as relieved as you that he is no longer coaching our beloved Buffs, and I refuse to waste any more of time caring about whatever he does.

Last edited:

He probably got that Nike hat as part of his clothing deal while he was coaching at CU.

He had every bit as much right to be there as any other parent.

Sh*t, if they play like that every time he watches the game from the stands, we should buy him season tickets.

NOW is the time to finally say what needs to be said....why is everyone now all of a sudden, so nice?! Gawd! This is Division 1 football and he has been a joke.

wait. what!? :lol:

now is the time? once he is fired? we all should have held our collective breath while he was coach in order to unleash it now? :lol:

what possible good would beating that fired dead horse do now?

why dwell on it? he is gone. that was what was wanted. its time to look forward.

now is the time? :lol:

no thanks. i think i will move on with my life and look for some greener pastures.

but, by no means let me stop you. there is a club over there by gary barnett you can use. have fun!

Back