What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So DII Danny Was At The Game I See ....

I wonder how closely Barnett follows the buffs?

The first couple of years after he was fired Gary followed the team pretty closely. He still pays the Buffs more attention than he does most other teams along with Northwestern.

I have heard him say that he wishes that he could get to more Buff games in person but his broadcasting obligations keep him away.

Saw Barnett in a recent pic, sporting CU garb. He got paid big money by CU, but he's a definite Buff. I think that Hawk was there for more than Cody, he cares, and has been good about his departure so far. Just win.

Did you take that pic?

No, but I took this one. Not as good an angle, but same idea.

FWIW, I won a couple friendly bets today that Misti and Dan would be present to cheer Cody. That is absolutely how tight the family is, and what I expected.
I'm glad they did, and glad that the powers that be at Dal Ward found a way they could do it with an illusion of privacy, at least no evesdropping on the conversation and no heckling from idots.

They are still the parents of the starting QB and I'm glad they had the courage and commitment to show up and be there for him.
Please note, Misti IS smiling in this one. Pretty sure that is Cody's brother Drew with them along with a few other family members and friends.
This game wasn't easy for Cody, glad to see he had the support.

iowa state family 2.jpg iowa state family 4.jpg

Last edited:
I remember Dan saying that Boulder would be a great place to retire-- I think he really came here with the intention of building a team that won like Boise did, and coach here a very long time. It didn't work out, but now that he is not coaching, I want him to attend the games and support his son. He is not longer a coach here, he is the father of a senior starter on the team. Everyone should back off of him, and treat him like the father of one of the hardest working kids on the team. And everyone should treat Cody as the starting QB of the team. Support and cheer him. To act like assholes now is idotic.

I will be very ashamed of this programs supporters if Dan and Misti are booed next week by the fans. I think Dan had no quit in him and was going to fight as long as we let him; in a way, I think he is a bit relieved too right now.

Im sure it wasnt easy for any of the family, including Cody. I thought that was the best Ive ever seen him play, he was really good today.

If it really bothers anybody that Dan & Misti were there today, I'm sure they'll feel better to know that after next week they'll probably never set foot in Folsom again....

FWIW, I was glad to see them there. Probably one of the few times Misti and Dan have watched a game together, I'd imagine.

It would have been an extremely selfish move on DH's part if he had NOT shown up to support his son in this important game. Good for Dan. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but it was the right thing and glad to see it.

Yes....props to he and Misti for still showing up to support their son. In light of everything, that takes big balls. I wish the Hawkins family nothing but the best. People who continue to dog on him need to give it a rest.

1. I want him to feel completely free to come to the games to support his son.

2. I want him to view the games as he did today, as close to completely out of the spotlight as possible, and most certainly away from any type of media.

3. I want him to, under no circumstances, ever be allowed anywhere near the actual players or lockerroom, before during or after the games.

I have no problem with him being at the games. If Cody wasnt playing here, then I think I would have a problem, but since his kid is the starting qb it would be terrible for him not to be here.

That being said, I don't think we should all of the sudden respect D2 Dan and speak of him like he's simply just a player's parent. He brought this program to possibly its lowest point ever. The last five years have been pretty hellish for buff football, and let's not forget that he and the majority of his staff are almost entirely to blame. He's probably the worst coach in CU history. We should (and I am sure we eventually will) remember him the same way we remember Fairbanks (except more insane).

Dan Hawkins killed the program and the team will not go to a bowl because of him. Having said that, what the hell is wrong with him coming to see his son? I still think he's a douche but he's no longer coach, we got what we wanted, move on and enjoy.

I have no problem with him being at the games. If Cody wasnt playing here, then I think I would have a problem, but since his kid is the starting qb it would be terrible for him not to be here.

That being said, I don't think we should all of the sudden respect D2 Dan and speak of him like he's simply just a player's parent. He brought this program to possibly its lowest point ever. The last five years have been pretty hellish for buff football, and let's not forget that he and the majority of his staff are almost entirely to blame. He's probably the worst coach in CU history. We should (and I am sure we eventually will) remember him the same way we remember Fairbanks (except more insane).

You can speak of him any way you wish.

However, I will TREAT him and his wife as the player parents that they are for the next two games.
Seems like the classy thing to do, doesn't it?

If you think he purposely brought the program to one of it's lowest points then no, he shouldn't get our respect. If you think that, you shouldn't get our respect either. But I think he really gave it his best and it just didn't work out. That happens. I truly think he wanted to bring us another National Title. He didn't. It's over and we all move on.

You can speak of him any way you wish.

However, I will TREAT him and his wife as the player parents that they are for the next two games.
Seems like the classy thing to do, doesn't it?

Since when does this board emulate class? :moon: :stupid:

He probably got that Nike hat as part of his clothing deal while he was coaching at CU.

He had every bit as much right to be there as any other parent.

I don't think I said anywhere he had no right to be there to watch his son. Of course he did. I just think he was sending a message by wearing that NIKE hat instead of a CU hat.

And really, does he think he needs some protection or something to come to Folsom and watch his kid play? No one is going to hurt him or attack him. I wouldn't say anything to him, so everyone can rest easy.

Ummm, we are stuck with his ****ty recruits for the next four years, and he did nothing when he was here but set us back. Let the hate live on!!!

His recruiting fell off big the last couple of years once people figured out that he wasn't going to win but I think he left a lot more talent than the on-field record shows.

I don't think I said anywhere he had no right to be there to watch his son. Of course he did. I just think he was sending a message by wearing that NIKE hat instead of a CU hat.

And really, does he think he needs some protection or something to come to Folsom and watch his kid play? No one is going to hurt him or attack him. I wouldn't say anything to him, so everyone can rest easy.

Honestly, if he had worn a CU hat, he would have been criticized for doing that. He wore Nike, and he was in neutral-towards CU colors. Not red. Not green.
A white hat with a nike swoosh seems like a nice compromise.

I'm glad Hawk was there. I think his inability to win really soured us on Hawk the guy, who probably isn't nearly as bad of a dude as we thought.

I think the message was: "**** off Gateway. Go watch USC."

Back