What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So...do the boys come out and play a stinker against the skers'?

canbuff

It seems like the players need to be motivated by some outside influence in order to play with some sort of passion. First it was the blue out and it sounded like they were getting ready to play for Hack's job. Now that they know Hack is "safe" are they going to play with their usual laissez-faire?

No, I actually think they will come out and play well.

I think they lay a goose egg. It was a very, very distracting week for the coaches and the players. The players were most certainly caught up in it. Not an ideal way to focus on the task at hand. God I hope they win.

The game might just be ugly. The fuskers have nothing to gain, Buffs have nothing to gain. Both teams probably haven't been focusing on the game.

The game might just be ugly. The fuskers have nothing to gain, Buffs have nothing to gain. Both teams probably haven't been focusing on the game.

It means a lot more to Neb than you seem to think. As bad as CU may play, there is only so much damage that the NU offense can do. I think this game will be a lot closer than you think, it always seems to work out that way

(but your O-line better play out of their minds, or Hansen may be running for his life the entire game)

Who knows anymore. They seem to play good when we have given up hope. As we have no hopes for this season anymore, I'd assume they'll play pretty good.

Does it even matter? Based on the CU administration's laughably pathetic press release today, if they lose 46-3 the administration would likely go home happy that the team showed up and was "competitive" only losing by 43 to the Big 12 North Champs.

Ugh.

What a horrible end to the week.

It means a lot more to Neb than you seem to think. As bad as CU may play, there is only so much damage that the NU offense can do. I think this game will be a lot closer than you think, it always seems to work out that way

(but your O-line better play out of their minds, or Hansen may be running for his life the entire game)

Hansen is running for his life even if we're playing Missouri, Kansas State.. it doesn't really matter. At least he can escape the pocket. We'd get shutout with Cody at QB.

I never said it wouldn't be close, I just said it would be ugly :lol:

I don't think it is really fair to say that Nebraska has nothing to gain here. They are sitting at 8-3 coming into this game.

Win this game and they have a very realistic shot at getting 10 wins. Arbitrary number if you aren't in a BCS Bowl...? I don't think so. 10 wins certainly means a lot to fans and I promise you it means a lot to coaches and players. Additionally, I promise you that Neb. wants momentum going into the B12CG against a team that will surely be substantial favorites against them. It is also important for bowl position for them.

Lose this game and Nebraska backs into the B12CG, probably gets blown out by Texas and gets a middle-tier bowl instead of a realistic shot at one of the bowls in the tier right below the BCS games.

So no, Nebraska has a lot to gain in this game and a lot to play for. They also have a lot to lose.

Lose this game and Nebraska backs into the B12CG, probably gets blown out by Texas and gets a middle-tier bowl instead of a realistic shot at one of the bowls in the tier right below the BCS games.

So no, Nebraska has a lot to gain in this game and a lot to play for. They also have a lot to lose.

Exactly-and if Neb loses this game, their boards-newspapers-tv-etc will look like this place did last night. I could see a rather uneventful 17-3 type of game.

Back