1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how is EB doing up in Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Saw him on he sidelines tonight... I assume he is still the RB coach there and I know he has Peterson so no matter what he does he will look like roses. Anyone know what kind of reputation he has since leaving college coaching? All I remember was he had a great rep for recruiting while in college coaching.

Am kinda wondering if he will move up to the OC job soon. I know Hawk is pretty solid here for at least a few more years but if we start winning and Hawk leaves for more money, or if we lose and Hawk gets the boot, might Bienemy be head coach worthy in 5-10 years?

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

You never know. But he definitely needs some OC experience before he's even considered.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

He could end up being a victim of his own success. Much like Monte Kiffin & Alex Gibbs. He's probably one of the top RB coaches in all of football, but that might make it hard for him to move into an OC job and on to HC someday.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

I don't know about that. He walked into a good situation with the Vikes. They have a great offensive line, and AD is a freak. I'm not taking anything away from EB. I think calling him the best in football is a serious stretch.

6. sackman

I said "one of the best". And let's look at who he's coached - Chris Brown, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Adrian Peterson. That's a pretty good group. Wouldn't you like to have him back at CU? I sure would, especially with the group of RB's we have here now. EB is ONE of the best in the business. Top 10 for sure, and that includes college and pros.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

I love EB. But I still have to disagree with you. He's still a young coach in the NFL with much to learn. Especially with AD's fumbling problems.

8. sackman

Fair enough. Seeing as I can't name another RB coach, I have a hard time saying anybody is better, but I'm a homer.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Bobby freaking Turner.

10. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

After the play calling I have seen this year, I would love to see him as the OC here at CU. At least then we know we would run it from a power formation instead of that stupid shotgun run. Not to mention the boost it would give us in recruiting.

11. sackman

Dude seriously has "Freaking" as a middle name? That's awesome.

12. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

You really believe that?

We run the offense we run because Dan Hawkins wants to run this offense. It wouldn't matter if Barry Switzer or Fisher Deberry was the OC -- CU isn't going to run a high-rushing offense under Hawkins.

13. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Very true if we keep running from the shotgun. Right now our and for the next few years the stong point of our team is the running backs, not our QB and WR connection.

It is tough to win a road race against sports cars when you have a truck full of lumber. At some point you have to enter a race against other trucks that goes off road.

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Then you are going to love Jack Mother ****ing Williams.... :smile2:

15. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Has he been downgraded to Jack Pretty Dope Williams yet? he was not as good in the regular season.

16. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Looks like EB has been eating well. :smile2: