What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, I'm coming home from a board meeting, and KOA is on...

I'm still pissed off about this. I think I'm going to send Bohn an email about it today. Might copy Hawk, too.

I don't know. Sounds risky. You sure you're up to something like that?? :lol:

:lol:

I think I will copy him. Wouldn't want him to think I wouldn't say it to his face, even though I am just internet scum. I'm also Section 108 scum. And donor scum (albeit nowhere near 6 figures).

And I hear juicebox talking about his normal brand of bullsh*t. Something about how the defensive backs were burned a couple times, but that they are now starting to figure out where they are supposed to be... And I lose it. I'm screaming at the freaking radio in my car "WTF have you been doing for the last six weeks, asshole? Why are they just NOW figuring out where they are supposed to be? Am I supposed to be happy that it took all of spring ball, all of fall camp, and five games for them to know where they're supposed to line up?!?!?! WHAT THE FU*K IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?!?!?"

THEN, the asshole actually has the audacity to say that fans who are critical haven't ever had to take any risks in their lives, and that it's easy to criticize if you've never had to go out and take those kinds of risks. At this point, I literally want to reach through the radio and beat him senseless. So now not only does my favorite football team suck, but I'm not allowed to be critical if I haven't taken any personal risks in my life.

I can't stand the sound of his voice anymore. I want him gone. He's gone beyond just sucking as a coach. Incompetence is one thing, but condesension and insults are definitely crossing my personal line. He's sounding more and more like Chuck Fairbanks every day. The longer he stays around, the worse this program will be.

you need to scream it at hawkins, if you ever catch him

this thread is actually hilarious, and so's our program right now

I can only imagine what our record would be if Hawkins hadn't closed practices and banned photos and reports on the team this past spring and fall.

We would have a much better record because other teams would see how bad we were and then take us lightly, giving us a slight chance for a win (i.e. Texas game)

check thier website/itunes for a pod cast, if they are in the 21st century it will be there.

I heard it today as well Sacky. I thought I was past the anger stage, but apparently not. I have several CU buddies (and alums) fighting over in Iraq/Afghanistan that are sending me e-mails weekly wondering why Hawkins has not been fired. But hey, they have not risked much.:rolleyes:

I heard it today as well Sacky. I thought I was past the anger stage, but apparently not. I have several CU buddies (and alums) fighting over in Iraq/Afghanistan that are sending me e-mails weekly wondering why Hawkins has not been fired. But hey, they have not risked much.:rolleyes:

Hawk is sinking in quicksand, I doubt anyone will sacrifice their time to help....

Rino - let us know if you send the email, and if you get a response. I would love to hear their spin on that comment

Some one should say something to Bohn about it, that is a horse**** comment even if we are 11-0.

Wow, what a major league moron, essentially insulting every person that has the audacity to criticize him. Reminds me of when Buffalo Bill Mallory was in his waning days and telling the critical fans they could all "go fly kites".

Hawk is sinking in quicksand, I doubt anyone will sacrifice their time to help....

If you saw somebody sinking in quicksand, would you take the RISK that would come with helping them? I mean hey, none of us know what it means to take a risk, so why should we help at all, right?

Anyone know a way to hear the audio online? I have a letter all typed out, but I don't want to send it until I hear the audio for myself.

Anyone know a way to hear the audio online? I have a letter all typed out, but I don't want to send it until I hear the audio for myself.

I don't know, but I can tell you that the comment was made at around 7:15 PM, give or take.

Surely they archive the show, but I can't find any links to it on the site. Just a call-in number and a day/time to listen.

what is the name of the radio show he was on, and i am assuming the station is 850KOA?

Just listened to an 'interview' on 104.3 the Fan, and Hawkins was pretty bad. Angry, defensive, and uncooperative. Don't know if he realizes that Alfred Williams isn't necesarily against him. The DMac person should be fired immediately, though. Never heard a more useless and unprofessional jackass on the radio in my life.

instead of arguing whether we personally have taken risks in our lives, and therefore, can be critical of the football team according to dan hawkins, why don't we first explore whether his statement makes any sense? why does one have to be a risk taker in order to be critical? i am struggling to find the connection. or in other words, what the **** is this condescending asshole talking about? if taking risks means going 14-28, then quit taking risks.

I know Bohn has better things to do than listen to his boy on the radio and TV. But I have to wonder if he did listen to they way Hawkins comes off, if he might think a change needs to be made either for a new head coach or give him a attitude adjustment.

instead of arguing whether we personally have taken risks in our lives, and therefore, can be critical of the football team according to dan hawkins, why don't we first explore whether his statement makes any sense? why does one have to be a risk taker in order to be critical? i am struggling to find the connection. or in other words, what the **** is this condescending asshole talking about? if taking risks means going 14-28, then quit taking risks.

You're right. It doesn't make sense. He's just attacking the people who are critical instead of addressing our concerns, most notably his .333 winning percentage at CU.

thanks smart ass, no archives of it anywhere.

No archives abs...you either listen to the font of all Boise wisdom while he's on, or you miss it.. Isuspect I'll be missing it from here on out, I've heard enough.

Back