1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, is today the beginning of the "divorce" from Mac?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CenturyBuff, Nov 28, 2012.

1. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

That's what this feels like, and listening to his ranting on sportscenter makes it seem like a logical decision.

2. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Only in the imagination of a few. Not among most folks, some of the people I am talking to, actually admired Coach Mac for what he did.

3. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I am done with him and his underlings. You can't claim to bleed black and gold and then crap all over the institution and make wild unfounded accusations of race, discrimination, etc. Mac is a terrible spokesperson for Colorado football.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'm absolutely furious with Mac. He gave up his right to have input on the football coaching decisions at the University of Colorado the day that he resigned his job. Given all of the good that he did at Colorado, which was immense, he has now done serious damage to the University.

1. He used all of his power and influence to get a "black" head coach at CU. He didn't care if they were qualifed. He just wanted to add that to his legacy. Totally self serving. It was a MASSIVE failure and it was in very large part because of him.

2. He is trying to sabatoge the University AGAIN with this public crusade against Colorado about racism and fairness. We all know the hypocrisy given his promise keepers past. In all honesty, I think he is hurting minority hiring in college, because they now have to deal with this kind of unfounded circus crap. This is now a 2nd coaching hire that he is trying to influence, and with enormous negativity.

Eff him. Times change and it is time for us to all move on. He was a beloved person to this University, but Colorado is SO much bigger than him. Time to put him in the vault where he belongs.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

Mac was a hero to me growing up, regardless of all of his warts. With that said, he has gone his own course here. I have no problem with supporting your former players. I have no problem with being empathetic to other ethnicities. To throw the University down the stairs to push forward his agenda is a ****ing deal breaker. I hope he is given a very long break from entering Dal Ward. Dude needs a long timeout.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

My local radio folks said "Did you see the product on the field, Coach Mac?"

7. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Mac has always been about Mac first, everybody else a distant second. He's a legend in his own mind.

Witness his planned contract-breaking "jump" to SMU; his resignation on Salaam's big day; his "What? Me?" attitude about using his public platform to cram HIS religion down everybody's throat.....

Done, over, finished....Buff card revoked, spit upon and burned!!!

8. Highlander27

In a "perception is reality" type of world, where you are guilty until proven innocent, baseless claims like this is just another log on the fire to CU's football program issues.

9. drmike

drmike Member

This is so comical. I am hearing more racism talk now than when Croom was fired from MS St. and I live in the most racist part of the country. It's cause he sucked, not cause he's black. Anyone playing the race card here looks like a fool. If Ellis Johnson (Southern Miss) was black nobody would be crying racism because he obviously **** da bed.

10. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I sure hope so. It is time for him to move on and time for CU to stop looking back...Everyone involved needs to move forward, especially our beloved university football program. I have never seen another school have this much crap piled on at one time.

11. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

and by the way - mac is sure making it an awkward place for his granson to report to!

12. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

Won't lose a minute sleep if I never hear the man speak again.

Bye Bye

13. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

All JE had to do was beat CSU, or Sac State, Or Utah. I don't think he had to win all thee, one win probably would have saved his job. But hearing the reports of the locker room divided into Jons kids and Hawks, and him not having the balls to set up the senior banquet and cancelling the mettings with the parents around the spring game made me feel he was not quite as good at the responsibility thing. He seems "me first" now in the current interviews, just like Mac.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

14. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

It's up to Mac. He certainly will not have a voice anymore. That bridge is burned IMO.

15. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I hope this is a divorce. What Mac did was awesome, but he is a liability now. If he cares about the program, he will get behind the new coach so we can become relevant again...maybe even good.

16. Highlander27

Unfortunately this is all politics and the national scene has deemed it ok to just play the race card whenever a group feels like it IN LIUE of actual facts or admissions of responsibility. It's like being conservative. It's always associated with being a racist or descrimination by the media or certain side of the population. Couldn't be further from the truth. In life, responsibility should matter. The head man of this most recent regime with CU football is devoid of that. Hence making the rounds about this being an agenda vs. blacks. Could not be about us getting SMOKED up and down the field week in and week out. Mac is using his historical credibility as a microphone for that and it's hurting the program and University. They are a bunch of selfish bastards.

17. gobuffs58

gobuffs58 Well-Known Member

yup! mac and i are "divorced"

18. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

This guy is playing the race card? Does not compute:

[​IMG]

19. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

I thought Mac vowed to never wear red, he truly has gone bananas....

20. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Really, did you admire him when he stood up for keeping Hawkins for a fifth year claiming he had built the foundation for the program? This is the third time in four years he has hurt this program I am done with him. He is a total mental midget IMO.

21. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

This statement and question is not intended to defend Mac, or anyone for that matter. Because I also think Mac should stay quiet.... But I continue to read on here how Mac hurt the program by forcing Embree on CU, and never gets out of the way, and now you are saying that he hurt the program by defending Hawkins.

When I read this, or these types of statements, the first thing that pops into my head is "If that is in fact true, what does that say about Bohn and the leadership at CU? Aren't they able to make their own decisions as to coaches? Are they truly that spineless as to not be able to stand up to some washed up coach and his former players?".

Bohn is and was the AD during all of this...Did Bohn just piss his pants and say "yeah guys, it's my job in title, but that's only a title that allows me to collect a paycheck, let's just do whatever coach Mac wants"?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  22. Walter White

Walter White Member

What Mac is doing and saying is outrageous, totally unprofessional, and just plain wrong.

23. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

People will calm down after some time passes. People are just being dramatic imo.

If anyone knows about dramatics, its probably me. :smile2:

24. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I'd say that some vocal mouthpieces are being pretty dramatic as well.

Maybe some people will with calm down and forgive/forget, but I'm completely done with him. I love Mac for what he did 20-30 years ago, but he's done nothing but harm the program with his actions the past few years and especially now. It's time for him to go (quietly) away.

25. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

I will have to listen to 102.3 on Friday. Will Mac continue the rant or will some people inside his circle say "Mac, you're making a fool of yourself?" My money is on the former.

Here's his quote on page 1 of the DP sports section:
    Oh absolutely, coaching had nothing to do with it all. GMAFB

26. Hawk Love

Hawk Love Member

Why isn't this crazy old man in a home yet?

27. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

:lol:

28. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

The irony of this post is priceless. By the way, I'm pretty sure coach Mac is "conservative" as you've used the term so how does that compute?

29. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Agree with what's been said here, adios, time to move on. BTW coach, how would you feel about a gay head coach?

Goose likes this.
  30. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lt.Col.FrankSlade likes this.