What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So no TV for ASU?...

Sho nuff. Went to the DirecTV.com guide and its there. Last night, I went to the guide on the TV and it was not.

Well I'll be God damned! I did research. I went to the DirecTV guide and at 4:30 on Saturday it shows Iowa St. vs Texas Tech.

You sure you looked at the right channel? Because mine shows CU vs. ASU on FS Arizona.

It also shows ISU vs. Texas Tech starting at 5:00 though on a bunch of other channels, so I'm not really sure what you're seeing... :lol:

So, is the ASU game on TV? Anyone have an idea what channel? :rolling_eyes:

So, is the ASU game on TV? Anyone have an idea what channel? :rolling_eyes:

Did you know Daraigh O'Neill can punt with both feet?

Do you know Case McCoy and Jaxson Shipley had older brothers that played for the University of Texas?

Great! I will not miss a single game this year. Now if they'd start winning some.

Last edited:
How many ****ing times do you have to bring this up before you truly believe that they CANNOT DO THIS BECAUSE OF CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS? Jesus ****, you are ****ing dense.

This is my stance until they change or get a new contract. It has to be up sometime with them moving to the PAC now. Do you not understand how complaints work? If you complain enough, **** gets fixed. You are ****ing dense! You don't like it, find the ignore button and put my name on it.

This is my stance until they change or get a new contract. It has to be up sometime with them moving to the PAC now. Do you not understand how complaints work? If you complain enough, **** gets fixed. You are ****ing dense! You don't like it, find the ignore button and put my name on it.

Tend to agree with TimBuff10 here. Obviously, ASU has enough pull down here to get the game on FS Arizona. There is no reason every CU game shouldn't be on TV (Root and Altitude would probably jump at the chance).

I know for the last 15 years or so the Big12 contract is what prevented local channels and the CU website from putting a game out when no other stations would broadcast it, the thing I dont know is how the PAC is dealing with this. I thought that leaving the Big12 allowed CU to put games on local channels now. People keep saying that every game will be televised but that just means they are on some obscure channel on the other side of the country and that you have to have some extra cable/dish package.

Does anyone actually know when "the contract" expires and what the new one will have in it or is this the new one that we have right now?

I know for the last 15 years or so the Big12 contract is what prevented local channels and the CU website from putting a game out when no other stations would broadcast it, the thing I dont know is how the PAC is dealing with this. I thought that leaving the Big12 allowed CU to put games on local channels now. People keep saying that every game will be televised but that just means they are on some obscure channel on the other side of the country and that you have to have some extra cable/dish package.

Does anyone actually know when "the contract" expires and what the new one will have in it or is this the new one that we have right now?

The Pac12 owns all the media rights. All the games will be televised on ESPN, a Fox Channel, the P12 Network, or online. I don't think anyone knows pricing structure for things like the online games. But, I could be wrong.

Tim, I think what will best answer your question is this: right now we are operating under the last year of the prior Pac-10 contract. As I understand it, we (CU) do not get any part of this contract (except for a share of the conference championship revenues), but - we do get paid as if we were a non-conference opponent when our games are televised (kind of weird, but also explains what appears to be a concerted effort by our new conference mates to get our games broadcast, they know we have to pay an exit fee to the Big 12, and that we are sort of getting screwed with the media contract conference distribution this year, so they're helping us out by pushing to get our games broadcast).

Next year begins a new media contract for the Pac-12. Under the new contract, every single game will be broadcast on one of the following: ESPN, Fox (network), FX or the new Pac-12 channel, which is broken down into regional channels - but don't worry about another that turning into more Fox Sports ridiculousness. Here's the money quote: "Every football and men's basketball game will be televised nationally."

Repeat after me: Thank you Larry Scott.

At some point, maybe next year, all games should be available online as well. The conference sold broadcast and cable rights, but kept internet distribution rights, so even the games that are on ESPN, Fox or FX have a chance to be available online as well.

So the next question is: who will get this shiny new Pac-12 channel? So far, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and Brighthouse cable have all agreed to carry the channel. I would be shocked if DirecTV doesn't pick it up by next fall, and very surprised if Dish, AT&T and Verizon didn't pick it up as well.

Tim, I think what will best answer your question is this: right now we are operating under the last year of the prior Pac-10 contract. As I understand it, we (CU) do not get any part of this contract (except for a share of the conference championship revenues), but - we do get paid as if we were a non-conference opponent when our games are televised (kind of weird, but also explains what appears to be a concerted effort by our new conference mates to get our games broadcast, they know we have to pay an exit fee to the Big 12, and that we are sort of getting screwed with the media contract conference distribution this year, so they're helping us out by pushing to get our games broadcast).

Next year begins a new media contract for the Pac-12. Under the new contract, every single game will be broadcast on one of the following: ESPN, Fox (network), FX or the new Pac-12 channel, which is broken down into regional channels - but don't worry about another that turning into more Fox Sports ridiculousness. Here's the money quote: "Every football and men's basketball game will be televised nationally."

At some point, maybe next year, all games should be available online as well. The conference sold broadcast and cable rights, but kept internet distribution rights, so even the games that are on ESPN, Fox or FX have a chance to be available online as well.

So the next question is: who will get this shiny new Pac-12 channel? So far, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and Brighthouse cable have all agreed to carry the channel. I would be shocked if DirecTV doesn't pick it up by next fall, and very surprised if Dish, AT&T and Verizon didn't pick it up as well.

Thanks dude! Rep sent your way.

Not another ****ing MtnBuff. Not saying I have a problem with mtn, just we can't handle another longtyper like him.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Is their any stipulation that these PAC12 opponents must "look good" and "enjoy a satisfactory outcome" when playing the Buffs on these 2011 televised games?

Here in COLORADO it is suppose to be a nice weekend... Do some last minute yard work with am850 cranked up

I hate that all of our games seem to be on Fox Sports and not on an espn affiliated channel. I'd like to be able to see them afterwards on ESPN3. So far, I think only one game has been available on ESPN3.

That doesn't count as local for Timmah. Only over-the-air networks count.

I wont stop bitching about this until all the games are on ABC NBC or CBS and some kid in Denver with rabbit ears up in his room can get the game. No reason for illegals and religious nuts to rule the free airwaves in this country!

Going to have to go to the bar to watch it. Anyone know what channel Root RM or Fcs pacific is on Direct T.V.?

Back