1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So now that practices are closed...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Aug 16, 2010.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

we have to rely solely on the media for our daily fix of FB info?

2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Or the conflicting reports from 'holic's and DixonU's sources.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I could make some stuff up if it would help. :smile2:

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol: OK, but keep it positive...

5. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

Sounds good to me, I'll start:

Now that the media is no longer watching, the coaches have started to put in the system for the year, and there are some changes. At yesterday evenings practice the coaches began to separate the starters from the back-ups. The coaches have moved Tyler Hansen to safety. They really like his football IQ, and the fact that he can read QB’s so well. The coaches had such a tough time pickinga starter at RT and LG that we are going with a 7 man o-line. We also moved Solder back to TE to get an extra push off the edge, and put Harris in at LT. Speedy will take the direct snap, and either pitch the ball to B-lock, run it himself, or throw to either Solder (TE) or whichever WR we have in on that play. With only 1 WR position in use we have a bit of a log jam there, which could be an issue recruiting in the future.

The defense is now using the 5-3-3 scheme in order to focus on stopping the run. Our DB’s will still have Smith and Brown, with Hansen starting at safety. Polk and Perkins will rotate in as needed. In order to focus on stopping the run our DL is Herrod/Obi/Cunningham/Bonsu/Pericak. The linebackers haven’t changed. The D-line is doing a great job of holding the line of scrimmage, which I think is a great sign considering the push the o-line got all of last year.

The kicking game is going so poorly that Cody is now the starting kicker and holder. We have moved to the old drop kick method in order to allow an extra blocker on the line. Also, we have given up putting a man back for punt returns. Instead we are going to do an all out rush and try to block as many punts as possible.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Hey! That's my gig! :lol:

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the media only has certain times they are allowed to watch.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

last 15 minutes of practice, seems i recall.

9. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I heard Pericak was moved to LB because the coaches felt that it was his natural position. :smile2:

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Somebody needs to get Pissbomber on the Allbuffs payroll.....he can give us the scoop...I would be willing to chip in a few extra bucks.

11. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Great start, but... you lost me:popcorn:

12. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Do you think we could rent the Good Year blimp? We could run an "Allbuffs loves the Buffs! Allbuffs.com" banner across it. Although, I don't think blimps fly at this altitude. At least, I've never seen a blimp in Denver. Anyway, we could float above the practice field with our binoculars. How about Wally checks out a helo for a day?

13. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

We don't need a blimp, you just hangglide off the Flatirons and circle Folsom.

14. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

When you do, you should yell at Cody "It's me Cody! Your #1 fan! Nobody loves you like I love you Cody!"

:smile2: