1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, OL Head is done as is eastburn...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Jun 1, 2009.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Academics for devin head,eastburn no explanation. I hate cu's off-seasons, so sick of guys leaving,not making grades,transfering etc...It's a shame a sr will not play his final season due to grades.

This program needs all this crap to be bagged and thrown out and have 2009 flush it all away.

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Is it really much of a loss with Eastburn?

3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

It really surprised me that Devin Head was an academic casualty. He's been in school 4 years - you'd think he'd understand what it takes in the classroom. I hope he sticks it out and gets his degree.

4. BehindEnemyLines

I dunno....wasn't he a 2/3 star out of HS? Didn't have a lot of offers, though, so maybe this also has to do with school work.

5. Duff Man

Just saying the guy was not on scholarship and never seriously contended for the starting center job. Not a big loss IMO.

6. BehindEnemyLines

Well, he had to sit out last year 'cuz of xfer rules. Ya can't do much competing when there's absolutely no chance to see the field. Just sayin'......

Good luck to him.....and thanx for giving the B&G a try.

7. Duff Man

True. Of course, Iltis is going to be the guy and he sat all last year with an injury.

The Head situation is a bit odd though.

8. BehindEnemyLines

Yeah, really odd. I think we can file this one under head-scratcher.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Thinking more of depth I guess.

10. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

I think he was supposed to contend but I think he got in trouble at some point. At least it is at a position that we have managed to build depth at. It's not like he was a WR.

11. Duff Man

And losing Head does suck, but at the very least Behrens and Bahr got some experience last year, as did Tuoti-Mariner, albeit in a limited manner. I do not view his loss in nearly the same way as I do Josh Smith.

12. Duff Man

Not too worried about it. Iltis is the starter, Behrens has gotten some reps there, sounds like there is a good chance Handler slides into that position, and we still have another walk-on there in Keenan Stevens. As Buttermaker says, this is not nearly the same thing as losing another WR.

13. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Simon too, if they don't move him to DT.

14. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

How high can the loss of football players at C.U git? This is worse than the Swine, I mean pig, or H1-/37 left foot in mouth/crap your pants thing..:rolleyes:

15. BehindEnemyLines

Let's see, we lost schollie players Ballenger, Katoa, Smith, Head, and Wallace, and 3 walkons including Eastburn. I'm not sold that this is devestating.

WR is a thin position, so Smith's departure hurts. This will be the toughest one to replace (considering he also was a kick returner). And our depth at FB is shy, but did Bugner have a shot? Head provided experience but was being pushed hard by the other O/L. Ballenger's loss hurts depth, but from all I've heard, he prolly wouldn't have seen the field this year anyway. Katoa was a pipe-dream. Wallace had some potential.

Sorry, I just don't see the sky falling.......

16. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

You missed a couple of WRs in there. Maybe the sky isn't falling, but this is an uncommon number of players to lose.

17. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

How many scholarship OL does that leave? Am still hoping Harris gets a year to redshirt, but as last year taught us, the young ones may be thrown into action and burn that eligibility earlier than expected.

18. Duff Man

We have 12 returning linemen and then the four incoming guys. We're actually looking pretty good numbers wise.

19. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

And that's the key: the lines on both sides of the ball are going to determine how our season goes, just as they were a week ago. If we can block, and guys like Kaynor can step up, then 10 wins is still a very reasonable goal. If one line or the other is banged up or disappoints, then 8 wins is more reasonable. If both lines are screwed up, then this is going to suck again, Smith or no Smith.

Not saying Smith isn't a blow, I like Josh Smith and 2000 total yards isn't nothing. But football, to quote the old cliche, is all blocking and tackling. How well we do on the line of scrimmage will tell all.

20. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Simon may have had a lot to do with it. He has stated that he is a center, not interested in going to DT. He is also a guy who looks like the real deal, size, mobility, leadership, attitude, etc. Iltis will only be a Soph and with Simon behind him there may not have been a lot of hope for playing time.