1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, this was kind of weird (WBB recruiting)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by sackman, May 11, 2015.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

My next door neighbor has a daughter who is a Freshman hoops player at LHS. She made the varsity team her freshman year, which by itself was pretty impressive, I think. There's lots of upperclassmen leaders on the team, so her numbers were fairly pedestrian by my way of thinking. I think she averaged 3-4 points per game. I'd certainly expect that figure to increase as she gets older.

So, I'm mowing my lawn a few days ago and a guy drives up who just has to be a recruiter. Has to be. He's got "basketball coach" written all over him.

Is it common to recruit high school freshmen who only score 3-4 points per game? Maybe she's killing it on her club team and just got caught in a numbers game at her school team.

2. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

It might have been an AAU coach etc.. Was there any other evidence this guy was a college recruiter?

3. sackman

It could have been an AAU coach. That's true. I hadn't thought of that possibility. I couldn't make out any kind of logo or anything like that on his clothing.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Or one of the private schools in the metro recruiting a player to transfer. Not that they ever do that sort of thing.

5. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

AAU or private school looking to give her more playing time.

Is she good enough for DI? If a player as a freshman is a huge star, they get recruited. Unless she is killing it in AAU ball, that doesn't appear to be the case--yet. :confused:

Hopefully CU has it eyes on this player!

6. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

You know how in college football, the best recruiters (like Coach McCartney) are willing to go into the very toughest neighborhoods?

7. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

this would be my geuss

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Yup. Most u-turn out of there as soon as they see the Dillard's on the corner.

9. sackman

It was probably an AAU coach. She already picked her high school, which isn't her neighborhood school.

Funny that hat both she and Justinian Jessup live squarely in the Skyline district but both play for LHS, but I digress. They both have to physically pass Skyline on their way to LHS. :lol:

10. sackman

you know exactly who it is. We have discussed her previously. I'm certain CU has heard of her. im not a good enough judge of girls hoops talent to tell you if she's D-1 talent or not. I can tell you she is working at it as if she was, though.

11. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Yes, I know who this is as we have discussed her before. I remember her when she was a wee baby. I knew her parents before they got married. I attended their wedding.

I wish her all the best and hope she does have D1 talent.

Last edited: May 13, 2015