What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So This Wheatley Fellow.....

i'm not sure this is the one you saw, it does have 2 of his 3 picks against asu(2 season) but not the one he took to the house.[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pA7Sau-3-U"]YouTube - CB Terrence Wheatley[/ame]

Here's in interview with him, he ran a 4.37 [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXi-VQaxc6s&feature=related"]YouTube - Terrence Wheatley Interview[/ame]

Here's another good one:smile2:...[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1Ovq8TouxQ&feature=related"]YouTube - THOSE F*CKING PATRIOTS[/ame]

What's the point in me even liking the buffs? all ill ever hear is the pats swallow or belicheat this. i've been a pat fan for 18 years and while im not saying spy gate was right we were obviously not the only ones that did it,hell if you trust in Matt Walsh he even said the jets were doing it too. why don't the jets get punished? idk but thats a whole another stroy. As for Wheatley I just saw his Highlights on Youtibe and he looks very Impressive and has better recovery Speed then Assante. But we all know Assnante will be a product of the system. Suppose most of you are Bronco Fans?

I've got nothing against the Pats. You got a good cover corner in T. Wheat with legit sub 4.4 speed. We had him returning kicks jsut so we could use his speed some offensively. He is a bit injury prone but has played effe3ctively hurt so he's tough enough. As for all this F the Pats stuff. Pats are OK by me and the more Buff fans out there the better. :thumbsup:

The T-Wheat assessments thus far have been spot on.

Adding to the mix...When T-Wheat wasn't playing, CU's defense suffered. Check out K-State and the 2nd half of the Iowa State game for an example of what happens without T-Wheat. CU's defense may give up more points and have fewer interceptions in 2008. Dizon's heirs exist in Smart/Sip. There's no one who can do what T-Wheat did.

Also it's worth mentioning that T-Wheat was the product of a very turbulent time in CU's history. He weathered the scandal and the resulting coaching changes. He suffered with the rest of the team through a 2-10 season, giving his all and keeping games closer than they would have otherwise been. If any program offered college kids a real world environment about how to co-exist with the media, look no further than CU. The fact T-Wheat went through that ****storm and the injuries and the coaching changes proves that they guy is all about playing football and excelling. All that pressure turned him into a diamond.

Terrence has some Hops wow. I thought a 5'9/5"10 guy couldn't jump that high, he was making some nice looking plays. I guess Dallas really wanted him and I wouldn't doubt it if Wheatley gets the #2 maybe even #1 CB spot on our roster. Ellis Hobbs is Trash and the only really other corners we have are Mike Richardson and Fernando Bryant and maybe Ty law? I wouldn't be surprised if in 3-5 years he's as good or better then Assante Samuel. The kid talks very smart and he's not like the other DB backs at least not in interviews (im sure he does some trash talking on the field but who doesn't?). If T-Wheat can stay Healthy #22 could become great.

also I looked up that Crabtree guy, HOLY SH*T that man is a beast and tall, if you guys say wheatley can shut down him? wow

also I think if the years draft wouldn't have add such depth at the CB position Wheatley would have been a first rounder no doubt.

also I think if the years draft wouldn't have add such depth at the CB position Wheatley would have been a first rounder no doubt.

I don't know about that. I think his injury history would have prevented teams from taking him in round 1. Many people were surprised that he taking in round 2 (not me though:smile2::bowdown:) You all got a good one, hopefully he has a long career

Possible, but I suspect the nfl "brain-trust" would have found enough reasons to not select him in the 1st round (i.e., height, past injuries).

I've read somewhere that TWheat does his homework - studies film and opponents tendencies, etc. He's a bright young man and he'll do the mental work required for the next level.

I hope he has a great career in the league.

also I looked up that Crabtree guy, HOLY SH*T that man is a beast and tall, if you guys say wheatley can shut down him? wow

Wheatley DID shut him down. As far as I can tell, he's the only one to do it all year long, too.

from the cu website....

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Crabtree, M. 12 131 1 34

What's the point in me even liking the buffs? all ill ever hear is the pats swallow or belicheat this. i've been a pat fan for 18 years and while im not saying spy gate was right we were obviously not the only ones that did it,hell if you trust in Matt Walsh he even said the jets were doing it too. why don't the jets get punished? idk but thats a whole another stroy. As for Wheatley I just saw his Highlights on Youtibe and he looks very Impressive and has better recovery Speed then Assante. But we all know Assnante will be a product of the system. Suppose most of you are Bronco Fans?

Tick,
I know some others have already said this, but they are right, you need to thicken up the old skin. Take it from this OU alum that would take a little harassment from time to time. Yea, yea... OU sucks... I know, I went there.

Anyway, the comments can be a little raw from time to time, but if you stick around you will see a couple of common threads.
1) You will find a group of folks that truly adore our Buffs, win, lose or draw (I know, no more draws... figure of speech). If you start paying attention to the Buffs now you are coming in as the program is swinging up. Not to say you will see the success that the Pats have had over the past few years, but you will see a program that is fun to watch and the potential for great things.
2) You will find a group of the most interesting individuals you would ever find. In most cases, this crowd is not only football savvy, but also has an abundance of intelligence, humor and wit. Even those with clearly misguided political views strike me as exceptional people. I look forward to the day when I can be in Boulder on a football Saturday and put faces with some of the names.

I am no old timer here so I am not at liberty to roll out the red carpet or anything, but I am sure you will be a welcome addition if you can take and give a jab with a grin.

from the cu website....

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Crabtree, M. 12 131 1 34

Look at his stats over the season
OPP REC YDS AVG LNG TD
Southern Methodist 12 106 8.8 42 3
UTEP 15 188 12.5 39 2
Rice 11 244 22.2 74 3
Oklahoma State 14 237 16.9 75 3
Northwestern State 8 145 18.1 34 3
Iowa State 10 154 15.4 32 3
Texas A&M 8 170 21.3 54 0
Missouri 10 76 7.6 16 0
Colorado 12 131 10.9 34 1
Baylor 4 61 15.3 29 0
Texas 9 195 21.7 69 2
Oklahoma 12 154 12.8 60 1
Virginia 9 101 11.2 29 1

Against Big 12 opponents he averaged 147.25 yards per game, 15.24 yards per catch and 1.25 TDs per game. I don't know why he didn't do well against Baylor (did he play the entire game?) and Mizzou just straight up shut him down. At the end of the game Wheatley said Crabtree was the best receiver he had ever lined up against.

So we held Crabtree below his avg against the B12 (look at the Big dogs in the conference at Tejas and OU too, OUCH) in man coverage. Given Crabtree's weight and height advantage he should have pounded us. IMNSHO, TWheat won us that game against TT. I love that play where he literally just ripped the ball out of Crabtree's hands. Pure athleticism and grit.

TWheat almost kept him out of the endzone and had he not gone for the INT, but a deflection he probably would have.

Oh, and Dizon's INT for TD was clutch too. What are we going to do without our boys? Damn.

Oh, and if you think T-Wheat still isn't that good, he shut out Malcom Kelly from OU (a 1st rounder who avg 16.8 yards per catch) and had a crucial hit on the TE Finley (6'6", 256lbs...a BEAST) that lead to a dropped ball and eventual punt.

4DemBuffs what's with the Camels getting it on as your sig lol?

anyway I live in Wisconsin right now and If i Became a Buff fan Im not sure I would get to see games if any at all. :(

anyway I live in Wisconsin right now and If i Became a Buff fan Im not sure I would get to see games if any at all. :(

thats why they have airplanes.

depending on where you are in wisconsin, iowa state is really close.

i'm in texas, and that does not stop me from watching the buffs - even live.

also, check in with the alumni association - our dfw chapter hosts watch parties for when the buffs are on tv.

airline mergers and one pilot group getting ****ed for no reason. hence "the trouble with mergers".

i want to change it but im having a hard time finding something else that i like right now. football season i have no problem. :smile2:

airline mergers and one pilot group getting ****ed for no reason. hence "the trouble with mergers".

i want to change it but im having a hard time finding something else that i like right now. football season i have no problem. :smile2:

You could always mix things up a bit. :smile2:
camels_mating.jpg

I don't know about that. I think his injury history would have prevented teams from taking him in round 1. Many people were surprised that he taking in round 2 (not me though:smile2::bowdown:) You all got a good one, hopefully he has a long career

Linking to a past post of your own is worse than quoting yourself...:smile2:

Back