What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, was the blue out a success?

Not to be objective or anything, but I had my 12-year-old nephew with me at the game. Took some photos and (after cropping out the people in front), you can see the stands for yourself.

First, it's hard to decipher exactly what is "blue" and what is maybe sweatshirt gray, but the south stands were not bathed in blue by any means.

and the west stands, across from me, were not blue at all.

I assume the south/east student section might have been bluer, but not that I could see. Is is possible that even if Plati is wrong, he isn't THAT wrong?

Not stirring the pot, just looking at my pics from the game.

South stands (I tried to mark the blue shirts)
fansatamCUgamearrow.jpg

And the West side (no noticeable blue - maybe one or two mixed in):

crowdatTexasAM158.jpg

Does someone have a photo of the east side that we can compare?
Because it just wasn't as dominant as the discussion would indicate.

There appears to be a lot more empty seats than blue fans. So why **** on the blue crowd? They were there. I viewed the expression as important to the individual as to the mass. A person wearing blue said what he/she had to say--that was the important thing.

It may have been clear to you and me and those on the boards with reading comprehension, but I believe that the coaching staff presented it to the team as a slam against the program, and poor play, as well as coaching.

Not everyone reads the fine print.

I think we're all in agreement on that point. The coaching staff and the Athletic Department intentionally went out of their way to wrestle the message away from those who expressed it.

There appears to be a lot more empty seats than blue fans. So why **** on the blue crowd? They were there. I viewed the expression as important to the individual as to the mass. A person wearing blue said what he/she had to say--that was the important thing.

Those were photos I took, and a question if anyone had more pics from another angle. I didn't attack the blue crowd, and I "get" why they wanted ot make a statement.

Just noticed that I had some crowd shots in my digitals from the game, so I thought it was relevant.

I don't know if it's a pro or a con, but Plati's little comment about only having 200 people wearing blue exposed him as a bold faced liar to anybody who was actually in attendance. Dumb move on his part.

200 people?. U know get a clue please..

BLUE WAS A SUCCESS BECAUSE WE WON.. I'm glad the players and coaches are upset.. . Their performance this year has been embarrassing.. About time they won a damn game..

Last edited:
Those were photos I took, and a question if anyone had more pics from another angle. I didn't attack the blue crowd, and I "get" why they wanted ot make a statement.

Just noticed that I had some crowd shots in my digitals from the game, so I thought it was relevant.

I wasn't talking about you in this case. I was taking the evidence you supplied and asking the rhetorical question of those who seemed so opposed to this expression of discontent.

I wasn't talking about you in this case. I was taking the evidence you supplied and asking the rhetorical question of those who seemed so opposed to this expression of discontent.

damn. Now I'm getting paranoid.

Point is, maybe Plati and his crew took pics from across the way - opposite side from me - and counted the little blue dots, as I attempted to do? Even so, it would be difficult to tell which shirts were true blue, protest blue, support-the-team but not the coaches blue, gray-blue "what protest?" shirts, "it was the only thing that was sort of clean shirt", and so on.

I think it would have been wise for him to remain silent on the "yes we counted" comment. He took the point of the protest the wrong way, whether intentional or not, but I do think he has the Buff's best interests at heart. Criticize them, and he bleeds black and gold.

Not to be objective or anything, but I had my 12-year-old nephew with me at the game. Took some photos and (after cropping out the people in front), you can see the stands for yourself.

First, it's hard to decipher exactly what is "blue" and what is maybe sweatshirt gray, but the south stands were not bathed in blue by any means.

and the west stands, across from me, were not blue at all.

I assume the south/east student section might have been bluer, but not that I could see. Is is possible that even if Plati is wrong, he isn't THAT wrong?

Not stirring the pot, just looking at my pics from the game.

South stands (I tried to mark the blue shirts)
fansatamCUgamearrow.jpg

Does someone have a photo of the east side that we can compare?
Because it just wasn't as dominant as the discussion would indicate.

That pic of the south end looks pretty early on in the game. The south end was a bit of a ghost town in the first half. It filled in reasonably well later, and there was quite a bit of blue mixed in in the student section.

I was on the east side, and from where I was sitting it seemed there was more blue on the west side than the portion of the crowd you caught on film would indicate...

That pic of the south end looks pretty early on in the game. The south end was a bit of a ghost town in the first half. It filled in reasonably well later, and there was quite a bit of blue mixed in in the student section.

I was on the east side, and from where I was sitting it seemed there was more blue on the west side than the portion of the crowd you caught on film would indicate...

I bet that's right. ... that photo was at about the 40 yard line and there were some ATMs mixed it. I wasn't taking the photos to show blue or lack of blue, I just noticed they were in the background of some photos I took of family members closeup. The digital really is amazing though, that I could get that much detail.

A photo from the west stands, facing east, would be more telling. Hypothetically, you could count most of the shirts, give or take a few that are hard to decipher. If you cared enough to do so.

And, it's all irrelevant. The message that 87 and the rest were sharing made its point, in some form, enough to be mentioned by Plati in his notes, enough to be mentioned by Hawkins and Hansen in post-game interviews. I don't know that I would expect the team to play any harder because of it, or for the coaches to suddenly coach better, but they realize that there are fans who are going public with their disappointment.

So was the blue out a success

I hope they come out in these. Though the gold-on-blue were pretty tight, too.

Maybe some one should ask bohn if he'd rather have a bit of powder blue in our stadium or all that ****ing maroon.

Back