1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so, when did you turn off the tv?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

for me, it was the failed hook and lateral... that was when i clicked the remote to "off"...

amazing.

and to think i used to rewatch tapes of games during the week while waiting for the next saturday.

better times have to be ahead. we've definitely hit fairbanks levels of pure awful.

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Never did.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I switched over to the Stanford-USC game at the end of the third quarter.

4. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I never turned it on.

5. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Made it to the end of the 3rd. Never turned off a CU game for many years until the Stanford 2nd half this year. It's unwatchable now.

6. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

I truned the sound off after the 3rd quarter, but continued to watch while cooking dinner for the familia. The announcers were really beginning to piss me off .

7. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

Luckily my cable provider didn't carry the game - or the Texas game (LHN is still M.I.A.). Stanford vs. USC was a nice watch.

8. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I thought the game wasn't on tv based on the thread here that said that the game wouldn't be on tv.

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Missed the first 2 plays, so we were already down 7-0 when I turned it on, and made it until early in the 4th. Never thought we'd sink this low, if we go 7-5 in 2013 it's going to feel like we're national champions after this long march to hell (and hopefully back).

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

It was 6 plays. I know this because in the stands, after the penalty on the kickoff, my buddy said, "so how many plays before they score from 72 yards, 6?" And so it was.

We finally left with about 7 minutes to go. Pretty hot until close to halftime when the sun hid behind the box seats.

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Sorry, sounds like the defense really came to play on that opening drive then.

12. zbuff

Nary a 3rd down. I think 4 of the plays were 1st downs, one 2nd down, and of course the TD.

13. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

Turned tv on and it was 0-21. Turned channel when we fumbled the punt. Didn't even see the hook and ladder, now I'm disappointed.

14. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

After the Wazzu game.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Never turned it on. Without the simple joy of tailgating, CU football provides me no enjoyment anymore.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I watched the whole thingon my computer because I am a moron.

17. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Watched every play, don't know why but I still want to see who does what, looking for any little sign of hope I can find.

Left the Broncos at halftime to go buy sugarbombs for the neighbor kids, don't really have any hope for them so I can turn it off. Came back in the 4th quarter and it was worse than I expected.

18. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Never turned it on. Tried to find a stream for a few minutes, wasn't able to, then saw we managed to be down 14 only a few minutes in. Went outside and came back in time to watch the 2nd half of USC v Stanford.

19. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

This

Quite possibly the worst CU football team of all time.

20. zbuff

It's a perfect storm: low overall talent, force-fit system, injuries, and schedule.

21. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I turned it off after the half. It's too damn depressing to try to watch the whole thing. I'd probably throw the remote through the TV.

22. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Followed the whole game on ESPN, Allbuffs and KOA playing in the background. And I'll catch the rest of the season any way I can. It's bad but not so bad I can't enjoy the occasional thrill of one good play.

23. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i got home about 10:30 pm on sat from work. i made a drink and chatted with my wife. she said..."are you actually going to watch the whole game tonight?"

yep!!! it'll only take about one hour. fast fwd while ASU has the ball and get thier score out of the way, then watch the CU O to see if they can manage to move the ball.

i probably finished the game in an hour 40.

then i was up until about 3 am..... just... i dunno...... where oh where are my CU Buffs?

24. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Stayed for 4 hours at bww watching the whole thing. Mostly watched the fights in the 4th quarter tho

25. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

+1. Watched the whole thing because, well, I don't know why. It certainly didn't show any signs of being competitive. I guess at this point I'm just watching to see signs of life. I saw a few. I thought the RBs ran exceptionally hard. Jones, Ford and Creer were all YAC'ing it up pretty good. And even when Ford yakked up the ball inside the 5, I thought it was a high effort play on his part and it was obvious when he got back to the bench that he is not one of the "just happy to be here" type players because he took the fumble pretty hard. It was also good to see TClem's effort on that TD catch. Great strength and will to get that ball in the end zone. For the season he's been inconsistent, but I thought he played well in that game. Tough to find bright spots on the defensive side, but I also continue to be impressed by Henderson. He's going to be a very good Corner for us.

And yes, the announcers sucked ass. Instead of mentioning that CU is struggling and having injury issues, they contstantly talked down CU ("our team gets more competition in practice," "this is just a glorified scrimmage," etc). Yeah, I know we suck, but have enough class to just talk up your team and quit telling me how crappy we are. I CAN SEE IT AND SO CAN EVERYONE ELSE!

26. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Painful, but I still never miss a play. This stretch has really tested every sensibility. I know we have a game left in us this season where we come out and surprise.

Also, we're not the worst BCS team out there. Kansas is.

27. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

and they beat CU last season - so where are we now??

28. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah they beat us because daddy wanted son the get the passing record. We could have kneeled and won the game by 35.

Pretty boy swag

29. Chuck_Schick

Chuck_Schick Active Member

Suffering from severe jet lag, I was fast asleep by the time the 2nd quarter started.

30. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

KU v. CU this season might be an epic showdown of ineptitude.