What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So you're saying there's a chance...

B1Buff

**Disclaimer: No sunshine...just hypothetical**

(the beatles "imagine" playing in the the background)

Long shot possibility: Yeah, I get it, we suck. But, I would be remiss if I didn't post at least one positive for the week. thus far, we have lost 2 games to 2 ****ty teams; however, there is a flickering light shining through a pinhole. CSU - I hate to root for them, but (not likely but possible) if they can win the rest of the games on their schedule with the exception of BYU(7) and TCU(15) they go 10-2 with their only losses coming to 2 ranked teams. Toledo-if they can manage to beat Ohio State this weekend (not likely, but not entirely impossible) and not really any team of note left on the schedule which makes them 11-1 with OSU upset and 11-2 with loss at OSU.

Here comes the way outside chance. If we can manage to beat WYO and WVU we are 2-2 NC and then we beat ISU, KjSU, aTm, and one (hopefully 2) of either Kansas, Mizzou, OSU, or Nebraska we are go 6-6 (or 7-5), make a bowl game, and not be completely embarassed doing it.

All that said, I say we are in salvage mode at this point and there is an outside (waaaaaaaay outside) chance of not being the laughing stock of the big 12...if not all the BCS conferences. Just trying to be positive and hope for the best for my beloved buffs; as hard as it is I can't give up on them or lose ALL hope. What a cindella stroy that would be, huh?...

(que waving screen graphics and harp audio...cut to me waking up with a stretch)

Imagine is a Lennon solo tune, not the Beatles. :smile:

You have changed my life...to think, I have been walking this earth for 27 years (well crawling for almost a year) and living my life in the belief that the song was by the beatles. The grass looks greener, the sky looks a more beautiful hue of blue, and the buff win the MNC this year. I may now live a more meaningful life.:thumbsup:

John Lennon WITH the Plastic Ono Band, if you want to get technical.

[video=youtube;okd3hLlvvLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw[/video]

That's the way I always think of a college football season, whether you're 0-2 or 7-1. You lose your first game? Fine, we can't go undefeated. Lose two non-conference games? Fine, we can still win the conference. Lose your first six games? Fine, we can still wreck somebody's (Nebraska's) season.

I'm with you SDBuff - but we do need to beat Wyoming.

There have been years when I would have bought into believing such a scenario. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I have not seen anything on the field to give me reason to believe that something like this will come about. Losing is one thing. Not even showing up is another. Let's worry about being competitive against mediocre teams before we worry about getting to a crappy bowl game.

There have been years when I would have bought into believing such a scenario. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I have not seen anything on the field to give me reason to believe that something like this will come about. Losing is one thing. Not even showing up is another. Let's worry about being competitive against mediocre teams before we worry about getting to a crappy bowl game.

We look like ****...agreed. I'd say the odds of that scenario working out would be at about 1/500,000...but, hey...my love of the buffs overides my ability to see the reality. I was just saying ALL hope isn't lost...Just a good majority of it.:huh:

We look like ****...agreed. I'd say the odds of that scenario working out would be at about 1/500,000...but, hey...my love of the buffs overides my ability to see the reality. I was just saying ALL hope isn't lost...Just a good majority of it.:huh:

I think I said this in another post. I'm not giving up hope for the team or even for Hawk. I just feel like being realistic in my expectations right now. At this point, I don't care if we get to a bowl game this year. Show me that we can bring a team to the field that can do the basic things right (block, tackle, catch, etc). Give me some proof that the coaching staff can turn this thing around. Heck, I'm not asking for much anymore. Any little thing will do.

I'm with you SD. I could give a rat's ass if Toilet Bowl and the Who have good seasons or not. As long as this ship gets righted I'll be a happy Buffer.

Back