1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you're saying there's a chance...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by B1Buff, Sep 15, 2009.

1. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

**Disclaimer: No sunshine...just hypothetical**

(the beatles "imagine" playing in the the background)

Long shot possibility: Yeah, I get it, we suck. But, I would be remiss if I didn't post at least one positive for the week. thus far, we have lost 2 games to 2 ****ty teams; however, there is a flickering light shining through a pinhole. CSU - I hate to root for them, but (not likely but possible) if they can win the rest of the games on their schedule with the exception of BYU(7) and TCU(15) they go 10-2 with their only losses coming to 2 ranked teams. Toledo-if they can manage to beat Ohio State this weekend (not likely, but not entirely impossible) and not really any team of note left on the schedule which makes them 11-1 with OSU upset and 11-2 with loss at OSU.

Here comes the way outside chance. If we can manage to beat WYO and WVU we are 2-2 NC and then we beat ISU, KjSU, aTm, and one (hopefully 2) of either Kansas, Mizzou, OSU, or Nebraska we are go 6-6 (or 7-5), make a bowl game, and not be completely embarassed doing it.

All that said, I say we are in salvage mode at this point and there is an outside (waaaaaaaay outside) chance of not being the laughing stock of the big 12...if not all the BCS conferences. Just trying to be positive and hope for the best for my beloved buffs; as hard as it is I can't give up on them or lose ALL hope. What a cindella stroy that would be, huh?...

(que waving screen graphics and harp audio...cut to me waking up with a stretch)

FChairbanks likes this.
  2. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I have the same day dream, really I do.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Imagine is a Lennon solo tune, not the Beatles. :smile:

4. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

You have changed my life...to think, I have been walking this earth for 27 years (well crawling for almost a year) and living my life in the belief that the song was by the beatles. The grass looks greener, the sky looks a more beautiful hue of blue, and the buff win the MNC this year. I may now live a more meaningful life.:thumbsup:

5. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

John Lennon WITH the Plastic Ono Band, if you want to get technical.

[video=youtube;okd3hLlvvLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw[/video]

6. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

That's the way I always think of a college football season, whether you're 0-2 or 7-1. You lose your first game? Fine, we can't go undefeated. Lose two non-conference games? Fine, we can still win the conference. Lose your first six games? Fine, we can still wreck somebody's (Nebraska's) season.

I'm with you SDBuff - but we do need to beat Wyoming.

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

There have been years when I would have bought into believing such a scenario. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I have not seen anything on the field to give me reason to believe that something like this will come about. Losing is one thing. Not even showing up is another. Let's worry about being competitive against mediocre teams before we worry about getting to a crappy bowl game.

8. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

We look like ****...agreed. I'd say the odds of that scenario working out would be at about 1/500,000...but, hey...my love of the buffs overides my ability to see the reality. I was just saying ALL hope isn't lost...Just a good majority of it.:huh:

9. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I think I said this in another post. I'm not giving up hope for the team or even for Hawk. I just feel like being realistic in my expectations right now. At this point, I don't care if we get to a bowl game this year. Show me that we can bring a team to the field that can do the basic things right (block, tackle, catch, etc). Give me some proof that the coaching staff can turn this thing around. Heck, I'm not asking for much anymore. Any little thing will do.

10. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

I'm with you SD. I could give a rat's ass if Toilet Bowl and the Who have good seasons or not. As long as this ship gets righted I'll be a happy Buffer.

96 Buff likes this.
  11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

[video=youtube;KX5jNnDMfxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA[/video]

12. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member