1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some "D" info from Spring practices

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cu2x, Mar 22, 2012.

1. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not sure there needs to be much mention of Polk though. Everyone knows he has one starting safety spot locked up. What really needs to be said?

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Is Parker Ohrms ever going to be healthy.

I love his energy and his intelligence but he seems to go from one injury to another.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

And the suspension too. But remember--as some one pointed out last season--we won games when he was at safety, and lost when he was at corner.

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

More concerning than anything is the coaches are pretty transparent in their lack of confidence in DTs aside from Pericak.

BTW, the Henderson reports should bring a smile to everyone's faces. I think he is slowly proving that 2011 was not a fluke, he can actually ball.

6. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Not getting additionally concerned about the DT comments only because it was a known condition and the reason we signed 9 DL (9!). The comments on Henderson are interesting. They are definitely positive, but I am picking up a vibe like the average fan didn't realize the struggles he had last year that he is now improving upon. I thought he was one of the few bright spots in the secondary, but maybe when you are being compared against guys that were playing WR and RB when the year started and were forced on the field due to injury, it is not about how you look against your "peers"...

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

A "known problem" is still a problem. There's no way I'm counting on true freshman on the D-Line.

EDIT: I guess the word "additionally" was an important part of your statement.

8. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

:wink2:

We were horrific on the d-line last year and unless we catch a break with the freshman, we may be worse this year. It isn't new information. Chalk this one up to "violent agreement".

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You have no choice.

We've got Pericak.

Bonsu: If healthy and the lightbulb goes on, could be a solid starter. We're a long way from getting there.

Richter: If he starts understanding techniques and can translate his strength, can give us some quality snaps in short yardage and goal line. We're a long way from getting there.

Poston: If he continues to keep his grades up, he'll help our APR and graduation rate.

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

It's ok guys were getting a JuCo DL.

11. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Who? It seems like it's getting a bit late for that.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Making fun of bigbang

13. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I agree. But, I didn't expect anything out of Poston/Richter. If Bonsu wasn't injured and they were saying the same thing, I'd be even more worried

14. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

Every year Polk gets criticized for underachieving and not playing at the level he should. I had hoped to see comments about Polk being super fired-up, playing harder, knowing his position better - some of things often said about seniors who may not have lived up to expectations before. I think Polk is a great athlete and should have stayed at RB. He has often been our best available safety, but not, I think even playing at 'honorable mention' level on an all-league level

15. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Transfer DL

16. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

UBL'd?