What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some pretty cool Colorado helmet concepts.

Yes you do.

I think our origional ones should be the norm, but just like better facilities and such, uniforms that are in "style" are going to sell recruits as well. I think we should have 3-4 games a year with different unis. It's just the reality of the situation and what recruits look for.

:wtf:

3-4 games? Seriously? It's bad enough to do it once, but three to four games? Unacceptable. I'll freak out. Not that anybody cares. In fact, they may do it just to see me freak out. But honestly, that's about the worst idea I've ever heard of.

23666_10100208404821913_5257501_59679192_2081413_n_large.jpg

:wtf:

3-4 games? Seriously? It's bad enough to do it once, but three to four games? Unacceptable. I'll freak out. Not that anybody cares. In fact, they may do it just to see me freak out. But honestly, that's about the worst idea I've ever heard of.

It's what kids want, I know that for a fact, I promise you that, from several high profile recruits.

The best recruits don't go for these gimmick jerseys and I can prove it.

Top recruiting class of 2012:

Alabama - always classic
Florida State - always classic
Texas - always classic
Florida - always classic
Georgia - always classic with 1 blackout game maybe
Ohio State - always classic with 1 throwback pro combat
Michigan - always classic with 1 throwback pro combat (agains ND was a throwback not a new design)
Miami - they play in miami so its always some sort of green, orange and white with a U on the helmet
Clemson - always classic
Notre Dame - Always classic, one green jersey, one pro combat throwback
Oklahoma - always classic
Stanford - always classic
USC - always classic
LSU - always classic
Texas A&M - always classic

There seems to be a correlation between age and opinion in this thread. Can't say I blame folks for being hesitant given some failed attempts to change it up in the past (powder blues) and the overall national trend (hit and miss).

I've always loved CU's current setup, but wouldn't mind alternatives for a couple games - if done tastefully (totally subjective).

Alabama - always classic WRONG
Florida State - always classic WRONG
Texas - always classic
Florida - always classic WRONG
Georgia - always classic with 1 blackout game maybe WRONG
Michigan - always classic with 1 throwback pro combat (agains ND was a throwback not a new design)
Miami - they play in miami so its always some sort of green, orange and white with a U on the helmet WRONG
Clemson - always classic
Notre Dame - Always classic, one green jersey, one pro combat throwback WRONG
Oklahoma - always classic WRONG
USC - always classic
LSU - always classic

Corrected your mistakes

Alabama - always classic
Texas - always classic
Florida - always classic
Miami - they play in miami so its always some sort of green, orange and white with a U on the helmet
Clemson - always classic
USC - always classic
LSU - always classic

Nearly every single one of those schools has done a pro-combat uniform

And frankly, I like our unis, but I don't think the average 18 year kid thinks they are even close to looking like one of the best unis in the country.

Alabama - always classic
Texas - always classic
Florida - always classic
Clemson - always classic
USC - always classic
LSU - always classic

Erroneous on a lot of counts here. Remember when Georgia came out with the first ever multicolored face masks last year??

ga-boise_1107643c.jpg

OK, so a lot of other teams do it. That doesn't mean we have to. It's a dumb idea. I hate it. It's sickening.

OK, so a lot of other teams do it. That doesn't mean we have to. It's a dumb idea. I hate it. It's sickening.

I used to feel that way too, but it's the reality of modern college football. Just like bigger video boards and bigger stadiums, indoor practice facilities, and state of the art training rooms and lockerooms.

A few good arguments here. But I would hate to see our uniform tradition altered as radically as some of these pictures are. :puke:

As a 15 year old kid, who lives in SEC country, who has deep roots into Buff history. I can honestly say we have the best best UNI's in all of sports. The black jersey with the big bold COLORADO, the stripes, and the iconic Buffalo on the golden helmet is oh so jizztastic. The perfect combination of Black and Gold. The best. Paradigm. But as a kid who's high school running back will be the best RB in the nation ( espnu ) in the 2013 class, a TE who just signed to South Carolina. All the football players can ever talk about is new kicks and jersey's. If you don't root for Florida, Georgia, Florida State, and (kinda) Miami, you are considered to be an outsider. But screw'em, I wear my Black and Gold proud every god damn day. All in all kids these day love slick uni's.

Back