What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some pretty cool Colorado helmet concepts.

As a 15 year old kid, who lives in SEC country, who has deep roots into Buff history. I can honestly say we have the best best UNI's in all of sports. The black jersey with the big bold COLORADO, the stripes, and the iconic Buffalo on the golden helmet is oh so jizztastic. The perfect combination of Black and Gold. The best. Paradigm. But as a kid who's high school running back will be the best RB in the nation ( espnu ) in the 2013 class, a TE who just signed to South Carolina. All the football players can ever talk about is new kicks and jersey's. If you don't root for Florida, Georgia, Florida State, and (kinda) Miami, you are considered to be an outsider. But screw'em, I wear my Black and Gold proud every god damn day. All in all kids these day love slick uni's.
best post of your short career.

I guess I'm real old school, when I was a student there was no Ralphie logo on the helmet, it was the interlocking CU.

See I would rather have that, an interlocking CU as a throwback pro combat uniform then anything else. That would be classy yet stylish.

As a 15 year old kid, who lives in SEC country, who has deep roots into Buff history. I can honestly say we have the best best UNI's in all of sports. The black jersey with the big bold COLORADO, the stripes, and the iconic Buffalo on the golden helmet is oh so jizztastic. The perfect combination of Black and Gold. The best. Paradigm. But as a kid who's high school running back will be the best RB in the nation ( espnu ) in the 2013 class, a TE who just signed to South Carolina. All the football players can ever talk about is new kicks and jersey's. If you don't root for Florida, Georgia, Florida State, and (kinda) Miami, you are considered to be an outsider. But screw'em, I wear my Black and Gold proud every god damn day. All in all kids these day love slick uni's.
I'm outta rep, but that is a great post! You're badass, kid!

Is this racist? I love the history of the Buffalo Soldiers. I grew up in San Angelo, TX and Fort Concho was a Buffalo Soldier base. I love the whole "Buffalo Soldier" thing. Many of our recruits are black kids. Why not link/sell the whold concept of being a Buffalo Soldier? I know. Sorry. Lame idea. I just think the black culture in America takes a ton of pride in that, as they should.

Obviously, a very delicate place that I would not expect our admin to want to go to.

Last edited:
Is this racist? I love the history of the Buffalo Soldiers. I grew up in San Angelo, TX and Fort Concho was a Buffalo Soldier base. I love the whole "Buffalo Soldier" thing. Many of our recruits are black kids. Why not link/sell the whold concept of being a Buffalo Soldier? I know. Sorry. Lame idea. I just think the black culture in America takes a ton of pride in that, as they should.

Obviously, a very delicate place that I would not expect our admin to want to go to.
Didn't read but since you're old, yes.

WRONG! Unleash knows for a fact what 15 year-old-kids like and you don't. Deal.

I love our uniforms, obviously, and that UGA/Michigan crap? Meh. It would likely be enough to drive me away from the sport. Shallow? You bet, but there's a reason I care about College Football and don't give two ****s about the NFL. It's about image and tradition, as much as the game itself.

I'm thinking about following rugby exclusively. Anybody have any opinions on League vs. Union?

Finally, I didn't hate all of those helmet designs. The gold one with the oversized logo looked alright.

Pretty sure our main black/gold and white/black scheme is going to be the scheme for the forseeable future. Also I think embo loves our current Uni's/helmets as much as the buff faithful. However I think Embo knows what recruits want and would be willing to let nike do us up a special black out uni. And maybe a throwback to match up with CSU's orange and green to wear at the RMS (spice up the game a little bit... maybe... ok or not)

Just went back and looked at the helmets again.

I actually liked every one of them that incorporated either the Ralphie logo (including the backwards one, for some reason) or the interlocked CU. The others I ****ing hated.

It's the uniforms designs that go half/half (think UGA) or diamondplate, or wings on shoulders or violently superimposed designs (I'm looking at you Maryland--****ing puke) that I can't stand. If the updates are subtle (less subtle than maxi-pads on the shoulders, BTW...what the **** was that?) with an appropriate not to tradition, I can live with it to a degree.

But our early 2000s uniforms remain the greatest in college football history in my tremendously biased opinion. In spite of recent disasters, I love the tradition of the classic 'Bama/Penn State/Michigan uniforms.

Not that my opinion matters since I'm not a recruit.

Newsflash. 18-year-olds are fashion stupid, and each and every one will be one day embarrassed by what he/she wore (I'm talking about off the field). It's part of life. I used to have bangs to my chin and wore tie-dye with rolled up Levis and day-glo shoes. Oregon's players will one day be similarly embarrassed.

Just went back and looked at the helmets again.

I actually liked every one of them that incorporated either the Ralphie logo (including the backwards one, for some reason) or the interlocked CU. The others I ****ing hated.

It's the uniforms designs that go half/half (think UGA) or diamondplate, or wings on shoulders or violently superimposed designs (I'm looking at you Maryland--****ing puke) that I can't stand. If the updates are subtle (less subtle than maxi-pads on the shoulders, BTW...what the **** was that?) with an appropriate not to tradition, I can live with it to a degree.

But our early 2000s uniforms remain the greatest in college football history in my tremendously biased opinion. In spite of recent disasters, I love the tradition of the classic 'Bama/Penn State/Michigan uniforms.

Not that my opinion matters since I'm not a recruit.

Newsflash. 18-year-olds are fashion stupid, and each and every one will be one day embarrassed by what he/she wore (I'm talking about off the field). It's part of life. I used to have bangs to my chin and wore tie-dye with rolled up Levis and day-glo shoes. Oregon's players will one day be similarly embarrassed.

If I see that brown "realistic" buffalo helmet ever touch a CU football player's head, i may have to go jump off one of the flatirons.

I think most people that are not into the alternative uniform and helmet are primarily concerned with it being completely retarded, as they some how seem to make them time and time again. (see the ****ing ridiculous Florida uniform, Georgia one, and Maryland's.) Hopefully anyone can see the potential of them looking good, but that always seems tobe a huge gamble.

All whites are awful.

The all black last year were pretty cool other than the fact the buffalo shoulda been gold.

And don't add extra gay frills or ****** font for the numbers

WRONG! Unleash knows for a fact what 15 year-old-kids like and you don't. Deal.

I love our uniforms, obviously, and that UGA/Michigan crap? Meh. It would likely be enough to drive me away from the sport. Shallow? You bet, but there's a reason I care about College Football and don't give two ****s about the NFL. It's about image and tradition, as much as the game itself.

I'm thinking about following rugby exclusively. Anybody have any opinions on League vs. Union?

Finally, I didn't hate all of those helmet designs. The gold one with the oversized logo looked alright.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know for a fact what 17 year old like, I have no clue what the hell a 15 year old is thinking. So get your FACTS STRAIGHT!! Makes me want to puke!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know for a fact what 17 year old like, I have no clue what the hell a 15 year old is thinking. So get your FACTS STRAIGHT!! Makes me want to puke!

Are you serious here?

This, "I know for a fact what 17 year olds like" is not even a real argument. It's an emotional response based on an insufficient sampling to know jack****. How many 17-year-olds to you know? How many of those did you specifically sample regarding a variety of uniform styles. What was your method? How diverse was the sampling?

I'd be very surprised if you knew what some 17-year-old football player in San Marcos thinks is cool. When was the last time you spent significant amounts of time in our key recruiting areas with 17-year-olds?

Look, I think a lot of kids probably think the Oregon's uniforms are cool. Like I've said before, teenagers are fashion-retarded. But this "I know for a fact!!!" stuff is just silly. I hope it was intended as such.

Are you serious here?

This, "I know for a fact what 17 year olds like" is not even a real argument. It's an emotional response based on an insufficient sampling to know jack****. How many 17-year-olds to you know? How many of those did you specifically sample regarding a variety of uniform styles. What was your method? How diverse was the sampling?

I'd be very surprised if you knew what some 17-year-old football player in San Marcos thinks is cool. When was the last time you spent significant amounts of time in our key recruiting areas with 17-year-olds?

Look, I think a lot of kids probably think the Oregon's uniforms are cool. Like I've said before, teenagers are fashion-retarded. But this "I know for a fact!!!" stuff is just silly. I hope it was intended as such.

Do-I-Look-Like-I-m-Joking-the-joker-25554852-500-277.gif

The best recruits don't go for these gimmick jerseys and I can prove it.

Top recruiting class of 2012:

Alabama - always classic
Florida State - always classic
Texas - always classic
Florida - always classic
Georgia - always classic with 1 blackout game maybe
Ohio State - always classic with 1 throwback pro combat
Michigan - always classic with 1 throwback pro combat (agains ND was a throwback not a new design)
Miami - they play in miami so its always some sort of green, orange and white with a U on the helmet
Clemson - always classic
Notre Dame - Always classic, one green jersey, one pro combat throwback
Oklahoma - always classic
Stanford - always classic
USC - always classic
LSU - always classic
Texas A&M - always classic

Look again - some of those schools do have combat unis... I remember seeing luck in an all black uni... and by the way schools that do not even have BLACK in their color scheme are starting to get black jerseys and helmets... that is what sells and kids like !! fact is fact - my kids school even sells black shirts with their logo on it even though that is not one of the school colors. Kids and parents buy them, that's why

Look again - some of those schools do have combat unis... I remember seeing luck in an all black uni... and by the way schools that do not even have BLACK in their color scheme are starting to get black jerseys and helmets... that is what sells and kids like !! fact is fact - my kids school even sells black shirts with their logo on it even though that is not one of the school colors. Kids and parents buy them, that's why

Sweet! 'Cause, you know, we already have black in our jerseys. We don't have to change anything.

I love our current home uniforms. The helmet is also a classic.

These alternative helmet/jersey set ups are cool to have for a game or two during the year because it helps recruiting a little. Helps jersey sales. And it actually motivates the team believe it or not. Something about playing in all black just turns up the intensity a little on game day.

Back