What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some pretty cool Colorado helmet concepts.

I love our current home uniforms. The helmet is also a classic.

These alternative helmet/jersey set ups are cool to have for a game or two during the year because it helps recruiting a little. Helps jersey sales. And it actually motivates the team believe it or not. Something about playing in all black just turns up the intensity a little on game day.

I wonder what our alltime record in all blacks are.

As long as I never have to see us in all whites again, I do not really care what we wear for a couple select games a year.

I love our current home uniforms. The helmet is also a classic.

These alternative helmet/jersey set ups are cool to have for a game or two during the year because it helps recruiting a little. Helps jersey sales. And it actually motivates the team believe it or not. Something about playing in all black just turns up the intensity a little on game night.

fify

Is this racist? I love the history of the Buffalo Soldiers. I grew up in San Angelo, TX and Fort Concho was a Buffalo Soldier base. I love the whole "Buffalo Soldier" thing. Many of our recruits are black kids. Why not link/sell the whold concept of being a Buffalo Soldier? I know. Sorry. Lame idea. I just think the black culture in America takes a ton of pride in that, as they should.

Obviously, a very delicate place that I would not expect our admin to want to go to.

Translation: Bob Marley Pro Combat, with artificial dreads hanging out of the back of the helmet. Allsome & Boulderish.

Not a huge fan of the 2010/2011 jerseys; I liked the previous incarnation a lot more. Throwbacks are neat but when you wear them every game, not so much.

I'm confused about the uniforms that 04 is referencing.

Our regular game unis this year? They weren't really throwbacks, so much, as classically allsome uniforms, no?

Look again - some of those schools do have combat unis... I remember seeing luck in an all black uni... and by the way schools that do not even have BLACK in their color scheme are starting to get black jerseys and helmets... that is what sells and kids like !! fact is fact - my kids school even sells black shirts with their logo on it even though that is not one of the school colors. Kids and parents buy them, that's why
Stanford Classic

Attachments

• stanfod black.jpg
    stanfod black.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 66
  • stanford-nike-pro-combat-uniforms.jpg
    stanford-nike-pro-combat-uniforms.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 66
I love our current ('90s) unis. I was psyched when CU brought them back for good. However, I think most of us like them because we were alive the last time CU wore them and was a powerhouse - psychological connection. But I do think that the kids want some sort of flash, and as much as it pains me to say, I think a 2-time-per-year alternate would do some good. I.E. Thursday night game and day after thanksgiving.

I want a Gold jersey and black matter helmet. Matte black and a glossy black logo.

maybe I'm mistaken but didn't the team get pretty fired up about our current unis when we switched ? maybe it was just because they were different. Rippy and hansen were tweeting about how sweet they are last summer.

I aslo think they would have the same reaction to just about anything new though.

maybe I'm mistaken but didn't the team get pretty fired up about our current unis when we switched ? maybe it was just because they were different. Rippy and hansen were tweeting about how sweet they are last summer.

You don't know 17 year olds.

So does your idea that having a alternate uniform for one game a year is going to kill tradition.

If you're going to make a statement about my ideas and intentions, you would be well served to understand what those ideas and intentions actually are. I never said it would kill tradition. I just said I didn't like it. It has been pointed out that lots of other "traditional" programs do it, to which I admitted I hadn't noticed, but it never changed my opinion on the subject.

If you're going to make a statement about my ideas and intentions, you would be well served to understand what those ideas and intentions actually are. I never said it would kill tradition. I just said I didn't like it. It has been pointed out that lots of other "traditional" programs do it, to which I admitted I hadn't noticed, but it never changed my opinion on the subject.

Your prior post suggested that (to me at least). If done right, that combination could look really good. What exactly do you not like about that combination?

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

Your prior post suggested that (to me at least). If done right, that combination could look really good. What exactly do you not like about that combination?

I think it would look like hell. Aside from that, I don't see the need to change what we have. What we have looks good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think it would look like hell. Aside from that, I don't see the need to change what we have. What we have looks good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Anything can look like hell if it's done wrong.

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

Back