What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some stats do show how much the Buffs have improved this season

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/weekly-release.pdf

The stats begin on page 15.

The Buffs lead the Big 12 in Time of Possession.

The Buffs only trail Texas A&M in 3rd down conversions and opponent 3rd down conversions. The Buffs are #1 in the Big 12 when it comes to 4th down.

The Buffs traily only Texas A&M and Nebraska in opponent first downs.

If it wasn't for a missed FG, the Buffs would have been perfect in the redzone this season. Right now only Oklahoma is ahead of the Buffs in redzone %.

Now look at how Missouri has done this season when it comes to those stats...makes me feel a little better about this Saturday.

Let's hope this improvement continues as we start to play some good teams.

Let's hope this improvement continues as we start to play some good teams.

I will bet that when the season is done, Georgia will look a lot better. Also, Hawaii isn't great but they aren't bad. CSU is gawd awful.

The Buffs lead the Big 12 in Time of Possession.

This could also mean we have little or undemonstrated "big play capability"--even Speedy's big run he doesn't score. we need to take to the house when we have big plays, as often as we've shot ourselves in the foot (jump offsides on 3rd and 1, get sacked out of FG range) in the RZ.

Also, i've heard people argue that ToP (not Tower of Power) is a largely meaningless stat, FWIW.

I will bet that when the season is done, Georgia will look a lot better. Also, Hawaii isn't great but they aren't bad. CSU is gawd awful.

i think unless UGA just tanks and quits on Richt they could bounce back and maybe win 6. so, i agree. Hawaii is significantly better than some of the teams played by other Big XII schools--I'm looking at you Neb.

while i'm not a card carrying member of the "6 good quarters" or "turned it around at halftime vs. Hawaii" club....we came out and took care of business. outcome was not in doubt.

Last edited:
Back