What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Someone tell Talkins to STFU

The scary thing is DII said so many dumb things over the years it has become hard to tell what are his actual quotes, and what are spoof quotes by people that recognize his incompetence.

If this (football) is like doctorate level stuff to Talkins, I can't imagine how he would handle actual doctorate level work?

Coach simple jack, you never go full retard....

Even funnier, many bitching about him were the same ones defending him against us poor ol negative buff fans...

Coach simple jack, you never go full retard....

Even funnier, many bitching about him were the same ones defending him against us poor ol negative buff fans...

Guilty as charged in years 1 & 2. But then I saw the light. Some of you ***holes are just smarter than the rest of us (cue aeroxx).

"Well you know there are a lot of elements there. I love to throw the football as much as the next guy, but you kind of have to play off where your team is at and move from there. I want our guys to be abnormal. We don’t ever try to get into a whole bunch of that, of ‘Oh these guys are awesome and we have to be supermen, or they guys are no good, we’re going to roll over them.’ The biggest thing we need to do is go out there an galvanize some thing. At some point you think there have been some scars, but we'll get over that, we might just need to throw a little 'Hawk Love" out there and get going at the same time Christopher Columbus set sail once and people thought he was crazy. Sometimes in your life you have to be able to do that a little bit, and that's what I'm doing. Like I told our guys, there is no big mystery to it, it really comes down to a couple of plays. You are always just a couple of plays away, I just know that when I need to nail that riff to the cross, we just need to find someone to be that hammer. We'll just see, see how it plays out."

Excellant! Many good posts here. I agree with Bellotti. He thought it through. The packers let Tdavis score and look where it got them. Brady wasn't sharp, get the score. I'm wondering if tante has a bad hair cut like DII.

"Well you know there are a lot of elements there. I love to throw the football as much as the next guy, but you kind of have to play off where your team is at and move from there. I want our guys to be abnormal. We don’t ever try to get into a whole bunch of that, of ‘Oh these guys are awesome and we have to be supermen, or they guys are no good, we’re going to roll over them.’ The biggest thing we need to do is go out there an galvanize some thing. At some point you think there have been some scars, but we'll get over that, we might just need to throw a little 'Hawk Love" out there and get going at the same time Christopher Columbus set sail once and people thought he was crazy. Sometimes in your life you have to be able to do that a little bit, and that's what I'm doing. Like I told our guys, there is no big mystery to it, it really comes down to a couple of plays. You are always just a couple of plays away, I just know that when I need to nail that riff to the cross, we just need to find someone to be that hammer. We'll just see, see how it plays out."

That's hysterical. I'm laughing so hard it is difficult to read. Don't take this the wrong way, but you have a gift for hawkinsspeak :lol:

What would have been funny during the game is if during the play he decided to hang out at the 2 yard line. Let the seconds tick off the clock in the most ridiculous form of brinkmanship ever. What then, the pats would try to tackle him in the endzone? He starts trying to run the other way to avoid getting a td?

Excellant! Many good posts here. I agree with Bellotti. He thought it through. The packers let Tdavis score and look where it got them. Brady wasn't sharp, get the score. I'm wondering if tante has a bad hair cut like DII.

Mine does.

I can't believe these coaches get paid to coach and seem to universally have the same opinion as to what to do in that situation. Did NONE of them see the Pats/Ravens game just two weeks ago, when the Ravens did EXACTLY what they were talking about and then missed the FG? You absolutely NEVER put the game on the foot of your kicker. Too much can go wrong. Bad snap, bad hold, block, shank, slip, snowball... Score the damn touchdown, asshole. Force the other team to make a play. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

I completely disagree with you. Lets think about this. Had Bradshaw not gone into the endzone the Giants could have run down the clock and then hit a game winning FG which would have been the length of an extra point. The kick in the the Ravens/Pats game was 15 yards further back. Roughly 1% of all NFL PAT's are not converted, 1%. By scoring the TD the Giants gave Brady the ball with 1 minute left and a timeout needing 80 yards for a game winning TD. Can't say the exact odds there but i'd say given that situation Brady would get it done about 20% of the time (1 out of 5). So you have 1% odds of losing the game vs. 20% odds of losing the game and you want to go with the 20% odds? Don't ever go to Vegas. Even if that 20% is too high, the number is definitely much higher then 1%. If that's not enough evidence look at what the Pats did, they let the Giants score because they knew they had a better chance of winning giving Brady the ball then with an NFL kicker missing a PAT. Buffalo was in this exact position earlier this year against NE and with two minutes left they took three knees at the Pats one yard line then kicked a game winning GF as time expired.

Back