What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Something from the Daily Camera that gives me hope

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16726786

The committee also shares that concern, which is why it has asked candidates to come to interviews prepared to identify the entire coaching staff to be hired if that candidate was hired as head coach.

The school would like to announce the next head coach and all or most of the coaching staff at once.

That would enable the next coaching staff to immediately attack recruiting and begin to build relationships with returning players.

Yeah Nutt is bringing his whole staff from Ole Miss. Problem solved. :rofl:

The search committee and athletic director Mike Bohn have heard from prominent coaches in the NFL such as Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin, Oakland coach Tom Cable and Tampa Bay coach Rahim Morris touting either Bieniemy or Embree.

Impressive list of NFL head coaches.

Last edited:
unless a Miles deal is in the works it's time to get EB in here and start recruiting Cali

I think something like this does point to someone like EB. This way they can announce the majority of the staff, allowing them to recruit while EB is still in the NFL.
Here is my new guess. EB was given the second interview (this we know) for head coach, and he also said that he wants Jon Embree as OC. So I think that Bohn was interviewing JE for that position, not head coach. If the comettee wants to run it this way, they are going to have to talk to some people that are not in line for head coaching positions, but for OC and DC. I think that we will see a staff of EB head coach, JE OC and Greg Brown as DC (don't need to talk to him, hes already worked for Bohn). Just my latest guess. I would be curious as to who else he would surround himself with. Head Steve Marshall as OL coach, that would be good, but don't know if he would leave the same position at Cal...

No matter who they hire, it's key who they can bring with them. I am big on HC experience, but also feel you can't repeat the Hawkins fiasco where he didn't really have O or D deep experience and Peterson's O was the gem at BSU. You hire a guy like Hoke, you know he brings a Defensive Mentality to Boulder and will have a good D. He will need an A+ OC and some good recruiters. BUt you need to know what you are getting into. He's had a lot of help at SDSU, but got it done with different OC and DC than he had at Ball State.

If it's EB or Mac, I can get behind that, but again, I want to see some good assistants. I worry about Embree. He's never run an offense. EB and Embree bring together a wealth of position coaching and I'd be very concerned.

If it's EB or Mac, I can get behind that, but again, I want to see some good assistants. I worry about Embree. He's never run an offense. EB and Embree bring together a wealth of position coaching and I'd be very concerned.

Agreed. I'm not sure who I would like to see at OC, but I'd like to see someone with some experience. I was almost willing to give Keisau the benefit of the doubt after ISU and KSU, but after seeing him coach scared at Nubraska, I want him out too. This is where I'd love to know who EB has gotten to know in his time in the NFL?

Also I thought I heard a rumor that Norm Chow was on the outs in UCLA, he and EB know each other... would he be a possibility?

Back