1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something missing from the radio today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Nov 26, 2012.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Any acknowledgement that this was the worst team in the history of CU, and arguably one of the worst in the history of the game.

2. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Thought you were going to say talk about the Broncos

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:stupid:

4. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Yeah, but the team GPA was really high and the foundation for success was being laid. With high GPAs. And also Embree had to use his own desk.

FrankRizzo likes this.
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

A lot of people seemed to forget we lost to Sacramento State, especially Jon Embree. But he had to get water for the football offices that day...

6. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I agree completely. The media has turned this into a witch hunt. I believe we have a role in this too. Many ABers were pretty aggressive in communicating our desire for a coaching change. Many felt Bohn wouldn't do it. He did (obviously not because of us although we may have helped).

I honestly feel we should now have Bohn's back and help him turn the tide of the PR battle in Colorado. I am in Argentina so it is harder for me to call into the radio but I will submit comments to the DP band DC, etc.

I just posted this response to Kisla's last critique of Bohn.

7. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

8. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Ironically, I think part of the blame of Embree's firing is in the fact that all the local ex-CU media personalities were protecting Embree. Week after week after week as Colorado was blown out, we didn't hear a peep from them in terms of legitimate criticism. Because of this, fans were not being given any sort of outlet or acknowledgment of the crapfest up in Boulder. Since nobody seemed interested in listening, Colorado supporters took it into their own hands to voice their displeasure. In SEC country, the AD would receive a standing ovation at this press conference.

Another great article on the complete validity of why Embree needed to be let go. It summarized my experience perfectly:
    http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/26/merilatt-cu-had-no-choice-but-to-fire-jon-embree/

9. Chromeburn

Chromeburn Member

That is the worst kind of homerism. I can't stand it when I see that. Klatt on the radio today was saying the problems lie with the athletic dept and that things need to change. Perhaps they do, perhaps things are being mis-managed and the support network isn't in place for any coach to succeed at CU. But I now have shard time openly listening to his arguments because of his obvious lack of criticism for Embree. How can you simply blame everything on the AD. The coach is just as culpable in this fiasco.

10. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Tad Boyle says you can win at CU given the current situation

11. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

thank goodness most people have Directv (no pac12 channel) and were not able to watch that s**t show yesterday, that was embarrassing. Thanks Directv and Larry Scott !

12. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Bohn is on with Klatt right now - wow, Klatt's asking the exact same questions as CJ and Alfred asked.

What a joke.

13. BuffUp

Bohn was on 850 this AM - that guy is taking a beating the last 48 hours

14. BuffUp

I think he could kick klatt's @** by the way