What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sometimes things get burried in the newsroom

Would you prefer he say, "We're Phucked!!! We suck donkey nutts and there's no hope! The season's over! Coming to CU was the biggest mistake I ever made because this school will never get it's shyt together and now my life is ruined!! Can I get a big handful of sleeping pills from the trainers!..."

That'd be ****ing hilarious. :smile2:

So what the hell are you bitchin' about? Isn't what you wrote essentially what Cody, big Hawk and the rest of the team has said in the post game interviews?

The quotes UL posted are from a team meeting. Are you unhappy with what the team is saying to each other in a team meeting? Frankly, since none of us are on the team, it's none of our F'ing business.

The fact that it was said in a team meeting takes away from the post game quotes. The truth is spoken in these "come to Jesus" meetings. It makes it sound like the post game sound bites are just that, sound bites where everyone says the right thing without believing it.

That being said, someone should make sure that what's said in a team meeting stays in the team meeting and isn't printed.

As I said in another thread, losing to FSU and UT can be somewhat accepted. Not KU. The KU game was another animal. KU is not a world beater football team. They have Jabba the Freaking Hut as their coach and a freaking midget at QB. Those are their best two attributes, too. Nope, losing to KU is inexcusable. I don't want to hear about how this team is young, inexperienced, raw, whatever other bull**** garbage you want to throw at me. I'm not buying. The time for results was THIS WEEK, and we shat all over ourselves.

Lose to KjSU, and somebody needs to be updating his resume. We've come to expect more than what we're getting. We've been patient for 2.5 years now. That's right two and a half years. Don't tell me you can't put together a team that can beat Kansas in two and a half ****ing years!!!! All we kept hearing coming into Fall camp was that we were an offensive machine. That the consistency in the coaching was really going to translate onto the field of play. This sounds remarkably like GB's assessment that the 2004 defense was the best he'd ever seen. Yeah, right. We only buy this crap for so long before we realize the emperor is butt ass naked.

As I said in another thread, losing to FSU and UT can be somewhat accepted. Not KU. The KU game was another animal. KU is not a world beater football team. They have Jabba the Freaking Hut as their coach and a freaking midget at QB. Those are their best two attributes, too. Nope, losing to KU is inexcusable. I don't want to hear about how this team is young, inexperienced, raw, whatever other bull**** garbage you want to throw at me. I'm not buying. The time for results was THIS WEEK, and we shat all over ourselves.

Lose to KjSU, and somebody needs to be updating his resume. We've come to expect more than what we're getting. We've been patient for 2.5 years now. That's right two and a half years. Don't tell me you can't put together a team that can beat Kansas in two and a half ****ing years!!!! All we kept hearing coming into Fall camp was that we were an offensive machine. That the consistency in the coaching was really going to translate onto the field of play. This sounds remarkably like GB's assessment that the 2004 defense was the best he'd ever seen. Yeah, right. We only buy this crap for so long before we realize the emperor is butt ass naked.

:yeahthat:

We shot ourselves in the foot. The FSU and KU games were winnable. We were in the those games closer than the score appeared. I still say a big **** you to anyboy that is writing this season off. We are gonna beat KSU!

I agree, but should we lose to Kjuco then I will be one of those people. But as of now count me as one who thinks we can still have a solid season and 8-4, though unlikely is not out of the question.

I agree, but should we lose to Kjuco then I will be one of those people. But as of now count me as one who thinks we can still have a solid season and 8-4, though unlikely is not out of the question.

I'm looking for cu to finish 4-2,might be a stretch but this team needs a win for some confidence.

If you believe that then you would agree that when we lost to Baylor in '91 Coach Mac should have been fired, correct? Or at least someone on his staff should have lost their job.

This talk is silly unless the purpose of it is to allow you to vent and feel better. If that's the case, have at it. At the end of the season we can have a serious discussion about Coaches...

8-4? Lol.

7-5 is the absolute BEST we can hope for and even that is a damn stretch.

If you think this team is going to beat either OSU or MU then you should probably have your head examined. They will both be 30+ point blowouts. Much worse than Texas.

If you believe that then you would agree that when we lost to Baylor in '91 Coach Mac should have been fired, correct? Or at least someone on his staff should have lost their job.

This talk is silly unless the purpose of it is to allow you to vent and feel better. If that's the case, have at it. At the end of the season we can have a serious discussion about Coaches...

In 1991, we were coming off a national championship. Hell no I wouldn't suggest firing an assistant after that very flukey loss. What has this staff done to engender that kind of loyalty?

and yes, a certain amount of this is venting. I'm damn sick of losing to dog ass teams like Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor, and KSU - we're a combined 2-7 against those teams under Hawk. It's BS. We should damn well be better than that.

In 1991, we were coming off a national championship. Hell no I wouldn't suggest firing an assistant after that very flukey loss. What has this staff done to engender that kind of loyalty?

and yes, a certain amount of this is venting. I'm damn sick of losing to dog ass teams like Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor, and KSU - we're a combined 2-7 against those teams under Hawk. It's BS. We should damn well be better than that.

If CU loses to KSU, I heard the Kansas was going to make Hawkins the state flower....

OK now I'm venting too....

I think this is a article worth talking about. And there are a couple thigns I wanted to point out from it.

"It's just us and the coaches," senior center and team captain Daniel Sanders said. "So we've got to stick with ourselves, stay on the right path and ignore everything else outside of it."

The Buffs were one of the youngest teams in the nation to start the season and injuries have made them even more inexperienced on the offensive line. They have faced three of the top-28 defenses in the country in consecutive weeks and have played the third toughest schedule in the country to this point, according to the NCAA.

"If you would have told somebody that you were going to lose to Florida State, Texas and the Orange Bowl champions from a year ago, how many people would be unbelievably shocked by that?" quarterback Cody Hawkins said.

Team meeting

Based off these comments, it seems like the team dosn't really count the fans as "in" anymore. It seems like they think it's just them and the coaches, and the fans are pissed. I bet they're pissed too. But at least they are tryign to get better by having a team unity meeting. Don't be surprised if we beat KSU.
I'm sure they know we still support them and are still "in" but it is understandable, or it should be, that we don't have a lot of confidence in them at this point. Let's hope they start restoring that this weekend.:thumbsup:

fair enough in every case but KU. They are not dog ****. They won the ****ing orange bowl.

And guess what? We were a dog**** team when Hawk came in. One more year to show significant improvement.

fair enough in every case but KU. They are not dog ****. They won the ****ing orange bowl.

And guess what? We were a dog**** team when Hawk came in. One more year to show significant improvement.

That was LAST YEAR. They lost the best player off of that team and a bunch more guys, too. KU is a dog **** team.

That was LAST YEAR. They lost the best player off of that team and a bunch more guys, too. KU is a dog **** team.

Not to mention we only lost to the Orange Bowl champs by 5 last year, against a better team (with a less talented team).

Though it was on the road, I just don't know if I buy it...

I think that it's more important for the team psychologically, at this point, to believe that they're not that far off from their preseason expectations. It keeps everybody loose. When you get tight, and start believing that either (A) the sky is falling and this is the end of the world or (B) wondering why in the hell you aren't winning, it takes the focus away from the field and players devote mental resources to thinking about the game in the greater context. What Cody is trying to do (I think) is to get everybody to compartmentalize and move on from the last three game stretch. I could be way off.

Of course, it's your prerogative to look at the 3 week stretch in a larger context and vent on message boards; that's why they were invented.

I personally think that while Hawk gets the giant flywheel spinning for the program that there were (are) bound to be a couple rough stretches like the last 3 weeks, but once it does get running (and IMO it will) they'll be hard to stop. The leap from 6 wins to 8 wins is MUCH harder than from 2 wins to 6 wins.

Think about where the program is today; right now. Now think about the last time we played three ranked teams in four weeks (for the record, that was weeks 3-6 in 2006. The Buffs were 0-2 going in coming off of a loss to CSU and Montana State in back-to-back weeks and lost HOME to ASU posting only a FG, at Georgia, at Missouri, and HOME to Baylor). Can you honestly say that the program is not lightyears away from that time?

Last edited:

I think that it's more important for the team psychologically, at this point, to believe that they're not that far off from their preseason expectations. It keeps everybody loose. When you get tight, and start believing that either (A) the sky is falling and this is the end of the world or (B) wondering why in the hell you aren't winning, it takes the focus away from the field and players devote mental resources to thinking about the game in the greater context. What Cody is trying to do (I think) is to get everybody to compartmentalize and move on from the last three game stretch. I could be way off.

Of course, it's your prerogative to look at the 3 week stretch in a larger context and vent on message boards; that's why they were invented.

I personally think that while Hawk gets the giant flywheel spinning for the program that there were (are) bound to be a couple rough stretches like the last 3 weeks, but once it does get running (and IMO it will) they'll be hard to stop. The leap from 6 wins to 8 wins is MUCH harder than from 2 wins to 6 wins.

Think about where the program is today; right now. Now think about the last time we played three ranked teams in four weeks (for the record, that was weeks 3-6 in 2006. The Buffs were 0-2 going in coming off of a loss to CSU and Montana State in back-to-back weeks and lost HOME to ASU posting only a FG, at Georgia, at Missouri, and HOME to Baylor). Can you honestly say that the program is not lightyears away from that time?

I'm no Cody Nuthugger like LB and Valdez.. but this post is the most sensible of all in this thread.

I don't really think CU *is* lightyears away from 2006. We are a pick6 vs a d2 team and an uncommonly poor showing by WVU, combined with luck, away from being 1-5. The offense, for all we would like to think, doesn't really luck substantively better than that year. Talk about how bad bjax was, and he was truly horrible, but look at Cody's numbers this year. They're junk. The same kind of junk as Bjax... The offense is atrocious. 2006 also had better D than we do this year.

Are we better? Yes.

Are we lightyears better? No. We aren't. CU could EASILY be 1-5 right now. Easily.

Are we lightyears better? No. We aren't. CU could EASILY be 1-5 right now. Easily.

No offense, but I think that you're focusing too much on the play at one position: QB. Cody is more advanced as a passer, but BJax was a much, much better runner. I think we all know that to be true.

But if you look at the team as a whole, I think you'd agree that there are very few areas that aren't much, much improved from '06: the kicking game:cry:, QB, maybe CBs and LBs.

Can you say that you don't think that the OL, DL, WRs, RBs are, at least from a depth perspective if not a performance perspective, much, much better than they were in '06?

I don't think that I've seen anything to prove to me that I can't continue the extrapolation from '06 out to '10 and beyond, but like I said: the 4-win jump from 6-10 wins (or even from 6-8 wins!) is infinitely harder than 2-6 wins and is bound to take more time.

No offense, but I think that you're focusing too much on the play at one position: QB. Cody is more advanced as a passer, but BJax was a much, much better runner. I think we all know that to be true.

But if you look at the team as a whole, I think you'd agree that there are very few areas that aren't much, much improved from '06: the kicking game:cry:, QB, maybe CBs and LBs.

Can you say that you don't think that the OL, DL, WRs, RBs are, at least from a depth perspective if not a performance perspective, much, much better than they were in '06?

I don't think that I've seen anything to prove to me that I can't continue the extrapolation from '06 out to '10 and beyond, but like I said: the 4-win jump from 6-10 wins (or even from 6-8 wins!) is infinitely harder than 2-6 wins and is bound to take more time.

Just to throw my two cents in here: I don't think the WR's have improved as a group since '06. J-Fly is the only difference. The RB's this year probably have more raw talent than the '06 group but Hugh Charles and company were similar player types and certainly more experienced. As you mentioned the kicking game was VASTLY superior in '06. The defense was generally better than this year's squad but I think they're fairly similar especially considering that they have to carry the team. If the offense could score more than twice a game (and not leave so many short field situations) the defense might be something special.

Back