What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Somewhere, under the radar....

I see the Koolaid is going around again. :smile2:

Rookie QB, Rookie WR, no established OL players, questions at RB. You guys are gonna need a lot of glue to to bring these guys together. I'll believe it when I see it. Sure, we have had an upgrade in talent. We still lack experienced players and depth on offense.

Four wins is probably reasonable CSU, BU, KSU, KU, ISU are all beatable. Maybe we beat MU due to the Pinkel factor. CSU, KSU (mid), and ISU (late) might be tougher games. Prince and Chizik (sp?) might have those teams geling by then.

We have a lot more uncertainty than only ISU and KSU. As usual, it's a tard festival in the Big 12.

I gotta call bull**** on this one. Do you honestly mean to tell me that when CU was up 13-0 in the 4th quarter you didn't think they had a great chance to win? :wow:

Well, we did have a good chance to win. I think two things happened here; Georgia didnt take us seriously until the 4th quarter and Mark Richt has a habit of sucking as a HC sometimes. He barely wins/almost loses a few games a year. Im not sure its a game planning issue or what. This game was one of those.

Well, we did have a good chance to win. I think two things happened here; Georgia didnt take us seriously until the 4th quarter and Mark Richt has a habit of sucking as a HC sometimes. He barely wins/almost loses a few games a year. Im not sure its a game planning issue or what. This game was one of those.

While you may be right about overlooking us, our coaches outcoached them throughout the game. They could not figure us out and it pissed them off - they publicly acknowledged that after the game (fans and coaches). It also pissed them off that we demoralized their "rising star" of a quarterback during that game - our defense beat them up all day until they ran out of gas. It was our game but our defense simply ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and we had an untimely fumble on a run that would have sealed the game.

Bottom line - we had a very good front seven on defense that they didn't expect and Georgia just wasn't as good as they were getting credit for being.

I also argue that as 'tard as you think the Big XII is - I would stack our conference top to bottom against any of the major conferences (minus the SEC) and it woould prove to be better. That's not koolaid - that is just fact from seeing how overrated some of the conferences are year in and year out (Big 10).

Bottom line - we had a very good front seven on defense that they didn't expect and Georgia just wasn't as good as they were getting credit for being.

We had an awesome defense last year. Thats why we lost so many games by such a small margin. It is likely, but no guarantee, we will have as good a defense this year. If we don't we could end up winning only two games again.

I also argue that as 'tard as you think the Big XII is - I would stack our conference top to bottom against any of the major conferences (minus the SEC) and it woould prove to be better. That's not koolaid - that is just fact from seeing how overrated some of the conferences are year in and year out (Big 10).

Let me see if I can find some stats. I disagree on the Big 10. They are a much stronger running conference than the Big 12 is. I put us behing the SEC and Big 10, tie us with the ACC, and have the Pac 10 behind us.

OU.

in Boulder.

OU has the Texas game the next week.

upset special.

In the words of Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

From Phil Steele Magazine..

OU is 7-0 before taking on rival Texas the last seven years with the average margin of victory by 24 points.

Let me see if I can find some stats. I disagree on the Big 10. They are a much stronger running conference than the Big 12 is. I put us behing the SEC and Big 10, tie us with the ACC, and have the Pac 10 behind us.

Tie us with the ACC?? :huh: Come on, the Big 12 deserves a hell of a lot more credit than that. If last year was any indication, the ACC is currently at the bottom of the 6 BCS conferences. Now that's based on last year and I wouldn't expect the same type of season again this year for the ACC, as they'll probably move up to at least 4th or 5th in the conference rankings. The outlook for this season looks much better with the expected return to power for FSU and VT, and possibly even the U. But so far in the first 2 years of the 12-team ACC, their performance on the national level has been underwhelming to say the least.

Don't bother - it really is not that important and frankly won't change my mind. The only way it would is if you lined up all the teams to play. Last year there were only three decent teams in the Big 10 and beyond that they were all mediocre at best. For all of the press that the Big 10 gets about being great they really aren't. It was great seeing the two teams that were supposedly the best in the nation get their asses handed to them in the new year.

I've heard all of the hoopla about bowl games not meaning much but I believe there is a reason for why that conference doesn't fare well in their bowl games. Just my humble opinion.

Every game is winnable - I think Hawkins will shock at least one team, and I hope it's Nebraska.
View attachment 1752

Won't happen!

BuffClown.jpg

Mark Richt has gone 61-17 over six seasons with a couple SEC championships.

In the words of Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

From Phil Steele Magazine..

OU is 7-0 before taking on rival Texas the last seven years with the average margin of victory by 24 points.

thanks, I owe you a cold brewski for this, keep me from having to do so....

**** it, if Wavy Gravy is on board with CU, then so am I....... :thumbsup: beats being a jack-booted thug..... :lol:

with all those 8 star recruits Cally has been hauling in, hey HEY! They might even beat a team with a .500 record this year.

Must mean the nubs are over confident about losing to the Buffs. Make up your mind. Either way, got 'em right where we want them.

The only thing that's gonna be interesting is hearing Hawkins spew some more stupid raw raw bull**** come game time. It will be fun watching Callahan rub his nuts in Colorado's face for a third consecutive year! :thumbsup:
confused.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be fun watching Callahan rub his nuts in Colorado's face for a third consecutive year! :thumbsup:
confused.jpg

If by rubing his nuts, you mean buying Colorado a victory beer, then thank you for the compliment.

Otherwise refrain from bringing Hawkins into this little twisted fantasy of yours. The Nub math & english are bad enough. This tea bagging voyeristic fetish of which you speak is beyond the pail, and better left between you, your shrink and your priest. :moon:

The 2005 Tunnel Walk (below) shows some Nub class. Read it. There's no teabagging in there. Next time, try to immulate your cream and crimson heros. Your homo-erotic blathering brings shame to yourself and the Huskernation.

2005 Tunnel Walk Prayer/Chant Lyrics (Cory Ross leading):

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by

Day by Day, we get better and better!

Til' we can't be beat...WON'T BE BEAT!

1(last year) + 1(this year) = 3 consecutive years

isn't this how you learned math??? thats how they teach it in fuskerville.....:thumbsup:

Ok I know it's hard to but please keep up!

2005.....Nebraska beats CU 30-3
2006.....Nebraska beats CU 37-14
2007.....When we win it will be a 3rd consecutive year!

Hmm now that wasn't too hard to follow was it?

If by rubing his nuts, you mean buying Colorado a victory beer, then thank you for the compliment.

Otherwise refrain from bringing Hawkins into this little twisted fantasy of yours. The Nub math & english are bad enough. This tea bagging voyeristic fetish of which you speak is beyond the pail, and better left between you, your shrink and your priest. :moon:

The 2005 Tunnel Walk (below) shows some Nub class. Read it. There's no teabagging in there. Next time, try to immulate your cream and crimson heros. Your homo-erotic blathering brings shame to yourself and the Huskernation.

2005 Tunnel Walk Prayer/Chant Lyrics (Cory Ross leading):
Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by

Day by Day, we get better and better!

Til' we can't be beat...WON'T BE BEAT!

WOW I have heard it all now. A CU fan preaching "showing class"?!!! :smile2: If you take my **** talking seriously, then I am sorry you feel that way. It's all in good fun! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I know it's hard to but please keep up!

2005.....Nebraska beats CU 30-3
2006.....Nebraska beats CU 37-14
2007.....When we win it will be a 3rd consecutive year!

Hmm now that wasn't too hard to follow was it?

nope not at all, but that is is entirely different than your original post that you have since editied.....

it originally said:

Originally Posted by Blackshirts
It will be fun watching Callahan rub his nuts in Hawkins face for a third consecutive year!

so if I am not mistaken, Hawkins has only been at CU now for 2 years, this being his 2nd year....

now thats not to hard to follow now is it..... just like a 99 1/2 yard drive in a conference championship game.... :thumbsup:

nope not at all, but that is is entirely different than your original post that you have since editied.....

it originally said:

Originally Posted by Blackshirts
It will be fun watching Callahan rub his nuts in Hawkins face for a third consecutive year!

so if I am not mistaken, Hawkins has only been at CU now for 2 years, this being his 2nd year....

now thats not to hard to follow now is it..... just like a 99 1/2 yard drive in a conference championship game.... :thumbsup:

Now if you look I edited it over 5 hours ago. I changed it 2 mins after I realized that I placed Hawkins name in there instead of Colorado. Although you may think you have stumbled on to some kind of conspiracy theory, I actually find it funny!

Oh by the way doesn't stoops have some more whining to do to the NCAA about striking some self reported violation??!!! :lol:

The only thing that's gonna be interesting is hearing Hawkins spew some more stupid raw raw bull**** come game time. It will be fun watching Callahan rub his nuts in Colorado's face for a third consecutive year! :thumbsup:
confused.jpg

lol, nice try there nubby.

First of all, I'm not great at math, but I am better than you, thats saying something, get some math skills.

Second, in throatslashes first and ONLY year against Hawkins, it took cally trick plays in the 4th quarter to break away from a 1 point lead against the buffs. Hawk will be ready for those trick plays this year just like OU was ready for them in the Big 12 champioship after watching film.

Unleash, I know you're trying to make a point, but I'm *this* close to neg repping you for putting that in such big letters.

Back