What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soo ummm how about that Punter

The constant UBL e-blowing gives me a bad taste in my mouth, nothing against Darragh

The worst thing about threads like this is that it makes it more difficult for some of us to offer a sincere congratulations to our freshmen punter for doing a good job in his first game. The way some people come across is that they root for our punter more than our team. I think Darragh's a pretty good story, I'm glad he played pretty well, and it's cool that he's a local guy who has some friends on AllBuffs. But the bottom line is that he's a punter and what everyone should hope for every game is that he doesn't get an opportunity to see the field.

UBL - This would have been better as a "Game Ball Thread" where you could have complimented Darragh along with some other guys who played well. Punter was more valuable than Richardson's 2 touchdowns? Really? More important than Chidera's fumble-causing sack? You take a punter over Obi chasing down a Hawaii runner at the sideline from his NT spot, getting a pass deflection and recovering a fumble? Come on, man.

Seriously, this thing with Darragh is getting ridiculous. I'm happy that we've finally got a decent punter, but he saw the field far more than he should have last night. I don't want to see ****ing Darragh O'Neil at all against Cal - I want our offense to move the damn ball and stop shooting themselves in the ****ing foot and putting ourselves in 3rd and long situations EVERY ****ING TIME. Teams with questionable talent have to play smart. Part of that is special teams, and I'm encouraged by O'Neil and Oliver, but our kick coverage was just as bad as it was under the Riddler. There's no reason to walk away from last night's miserable loss with a hard-on just because Darragh O'Neil did his job. Is this what it's come to -- we get really pumped up when players actually do what they're supposed to do without royally screwing up? I'd rather O'Neil average 10yds a punt and have our offense find a way to put up more than 17 lowly points on possibly the worst defense we'll face all season. Get over this Darragh O'Neil fantasy, it's seriously gone beyond creepy. Nutting off after a horrendous loss in one of the key games of the season because we have a punter that can boot them 40yds is absurd

The worst thing about threads like this is that it makes it more difficult for some of us to offer a sincere congratulations to our freshmen punter for doing a good job in his first game. The way some people come across is that they root for our punter more than our team. I think Darragh's a pretty good story, I'm glad he played pretty well, and it's cool that he's a local guy who has some friends on AllBuffs. But the bottom line is that he's a punter and what everyone should hope for every game is that he doesn't get an opportunity to see the field.

UBL - This would have been better as a "Game Ball Thread" where you could have complimented Darragh along with some other guys who played well. Punter was more valuable than Richardson's 2 touchdowns? Really? More important than Chidera's fumble-causing sack? You take a punter over Obi chasing down a Hawaii runner at the sideline from his NT spot, getting a pass deflection and recovering a fumble? Come on, man.

I never said Darragh's punts were the most important plays of the game. I said he is the only player who went out and did his job every time he was asked to. Read my very first post I wasn't over praising him at all. I gave credit where credit is due. I don't understand why some people on here cant just post. "Ya man he did great pass on an attaboy" like somebody did on here. Im gonna get defensive of my friend when people are idiots on this site and dont respect a facet of the game that was important. Regardless of who the punter was I would have made this thread. I just want the Buffs to do well and if somebody does their job well they deserve praise.

I went to high school with Chris Long, starting DE on the St. Louis Rams. However, I don't wank to his games and put pictures of him shirtless above my bed. Cool it with the O'Neil fantasy. We got our ass kicked last night, O'Neil merely doing his job doesn't somehow make this a moral victory

After the cluster**** that was special teams the last five years, I am excited about having someone who looked like they should be out on a D1 football field playing the game. I was excited about some of the other freshemn doing a good job...which empansizes that fact that we have true freshmen doing a better job than 5th year seniors, which is all that needs to be said about the talent that Volde-Hawk brought in. Happy for Darragha nd the true freshman kicker. Big upgrade for the Buffs from the last three years. Other than the one kickoff coverage that killed momentium, better special teams. I thought a better defense, other than letting Moniz kill us on broken plays. Have to fix that. I am sad that the O looks almost worse...the OL is in such sad shape. They need to sell that to top kids...you come here you can play all four years. We need help badly on the OL. We need help badly at QB IMO. Cant wait for Wood and Dillon to be batteling it out next season. Everyone stop pissing all over a thread about a kid that didnt play football, who came in and is the best punter we have seen here for awhile. If you are unhappy about the rest of the team, start a thread and piss and moan there. O'Neill did a great job under pressure and soem congrats are in order, even if we want the o to do good enough that we never see him. take that to a thread about the O.

Reactions: RK
The thing here is if anyone else started this thread and said the exact same things I said you guys wouldn't say they were sucking him off. Nothing I have said in here warrants that. Ill remember from now on that nobody is allowed to have a good game when we lose.

The thing here is if anyone else started this thread and said the exact same things I said you guys wouldn't say they were sucking him off. Nothing I have said in here warrants that. Ill remember from now on that nobody is allowed to have a good game when we lose.

That's the point. Anyone else didn't start this thread. You've got no cred for objectivity on this topic. You're known to have a friendship with the player. So when you post it, especially as a new thread that doesn't give a shout out to any other player, it's going to get a rise out of people the day after a pathetic loss.

Whether it was your intent or not, it came across as "I know everyone's upset about how we got crushed and humiliated last night, but can we talk instead about what an awesome game my buddy the punter had?".

Seriously, this thing with Darragh is getting ridiculous. I'm happy that we've finally got a decent punter, but he saw the field far more than he should have last night. I don't want to see ****ing Darragh O'Neil at all against Cal - I want our offense to move the damn ball and stop shooting themselves in the ****ing foot and putting ourselves in 3rd and long situations EVERY ****ING TIME. Teams with questionable talent have to play smart. Part of that is special teams, and I'm encouraged by O'Neil and Oliver, but our kick coverage was just as bad as it was under the Riddler. There's no reason to walk away from last night's miserable loss with a hard-on just because Darragh O'Neil did his job. Is this what it's come to -- we get really pumped up when players actually do what they're supposed to do without royally screwing up? I'd rather O'Neil average 10yds a punt and have our offense find a way to put up more than 17 lowly points on possibly the worst defense we'll face all season. Get over this Darragh O'Neil fantasy, it's seriously gone beyond creepy. Nutting off after a horrendous loss in one of the key games of the season because we have a punter that can boot them 40yds is absurd

:yeahthat:

raise you're hand if you've ever had a friend or friends on the team. :wave:

its not that uncommon, UBL.

good game darragh. great to see we have that aspect of the game sealed up for four years.

Hopefully we have found another Torpe or one of the other great punters that have been here at CU. I am "excited" about it because I know during the Barney days it definitely helped us win some games we otherwise wouldn't have won. Same games for field goals.

But to say he was the best player on the field is rather ridiculous. We had a lot of bad play, but the emerge of Obi was awesome and of our DL was great. Our LBs need to clean up the lanes and the DL needs to stop over pursuing, but they were the real bright spots because we all thought the secondary was going to be horrible and they weren't a factor given our DL. That's something to watch because our DL will be on the field more than a punter and they've been mediocre since Abe Wright graduated; the Rabbid Goldfish and Nuckols were solid, good DTs under Hawk, but we had no DE help at that time.

The punt is one of the most important parts of the game. He did his job well last night and I hope he continues to do so. Congrats to him. Field position is something Hawk never emphasized and you can tell its something Embree does.

Hopefully we have found another Torpe or one of the other great punters that have been here at CU. I am "excited" about it because I know during the Barney days it definitely helped us win some games we otherwise wouldn't have won. Same games for field goals.

But to say he was the best player on the field is rather ridiculous. We had a lot of bad play, but the emerge of Obi was awesome and of our DL was great. Our LBs need to clean up the lanes and the DL needs to stop over pursuing, but they were the real bright spots because we all thought the secondary was going to be horrible and they weren't a factor given our DL. That's something to watch because our DL will be on the field more than a punter and they've been mediocre since Abe Wright graduated; the Rabbid Goldfish and Nuckols were solid, good DTs under Hawk, but we had no DE help at that time.

The punt is one of the most important parts of the game. He did his job well last night and I hope he continues to do so. Congrats to him. Field position is something Hawk never emphasized and you can tell its something Embree does.
lol, i think you mean nicholas

lol, i think you mean nicholas

Haha, seems like ages ago. I'm having a hard time remembering in my old age. I'm nearly 35! The both of them played a lot of snaps while they were here too, like 88% I saw on ABC vs the bugeaters. Sigh.

My point still stands though that Hawk never tried to have a dominate DL and the bar has been raised.

That's the point. Anyone else didn't start this thread. You've got no cred for objectivity on this topic. You're known to have a friendship with the player. So when you post it, especially as a new thread that doesn't give a shout out to any other player, it's going to get a rise out of people the day after a pathetic loss.

Whether it was your intent or not, it came across as "I know everyone's upset about how we got crushed and humiliated last night, but can we talk instead about what an awesome game my buddy the punter had?".

Everyone knows that P-Rich and Speedy did well. I wanted to give credit where credit is due and give some props to Darragh and make sure that I wasn't seeing his punts through my "Friend Goggles" and see if you guys agreed he played well. So I thank the people that gave an honest opinion on his performance instead of bitching about me talking about a friend. I hang out with speedy in one of my classes does that mean I cant say he had a good game? If you wanna freak out at me for trying to find positives in a loss go ahead. Im just thankful that we have the 11th best punter in the nation statistically as of week 1.

Everyone knows that P-Rich and Speedy did well. I wanted to give credit where credit is due and give some props to Darragh and make sure that I wasn't seeing his punts through my "Friend Goggles" and see if you guys agreed he played well. So I thank the people that gave an honest opinion on his performance instead of bitching about me talking about a friend. I hang out with speedy in one of my classes does that mean I cant say he had a good game? If you wanna freak out at me for trying to find positives in a loss go ahead. Im just thankful that we have the 11th best punter in the nation statistically as of week 1.

And that 11th best punter didn't help us win, so who ****ing cares? Start a thread when we are up by a few points at the end of the game and he places a punt inside the 10 so our D has room to make stops for our win.

And that 11th best punter didn't help us win, so who ****ing cares? Start a thread when we are up by a few points at the end of the game and he places a punt inside the 10 so our D has room to make stops for our win.
bart-scott2.gif

Back