What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soooo Bronco Mendenhall has interviewed for the CU job....

rikey.jpg

How did you get this picture of Bohn during is time at CSU?

Mendenhall is a good coach, the hell is wrong with you bigbang? They've won 10 games 5 of the 8 seasons he has been at BYU. This would be so much better than Butch Jones.

That said, I'd be shocked if he left BYU for us.

BYU had had 3 consecutive losing seasons prior to Mendenhall. Have not had one since. Thats pretty good.

BYU would have won 10 games this year if they had had a remotely good QB to direct their offense. Nelson is trash.

The losses were to @#1 ND (12-0), #13 Oregon State (9-3), @San Jose State (10-2), @#19 Boise State (10-2), and @Utah (5-7).

They also have the #5 ranked scoring defense in the country.

If he does end up being our guy, maybe it'll be a Jim Mora kinda deal. Everyone starts off with the "what the f?" By the end of the year we're playing for the Pac-12 championship. That's what I'm going with.

Mendenhall is a good coach, the hell is wrong with you bigbang? They've won 10 games 5 of the 8 seasons he has been at BYU. This would be so much better than Butch Jones.

That said, I'd be shocked if he left BYU for us.

Article linked in post 13 of this thread seems to suggest that maybe he's burned out at BYU and it's time for a change of scenery to get the fire back. I just hope that if he is an "odd duck" as one of his current players described, that will be apparent in the interview.

The losses were to @#1 ND (12-0), #13 Oregon State (9-3), @San Jose State (10-2), @#19 Boise State (10-2), and @Utah (5-7).

They also have the #5 ranked scoring defense in the country.
That wasn't truly a knock on Mendenhall (Although one could argue that he and his staff deserve some blame for not finding and recruiting a better QB). That D is legit.

The Utah loss was rather strange. BYU had a chance to tie it and send it to OT and their FG kicker whiffed, and then Ute fans rushed the field and drew a penalty. Second FG was blocked.

I'd be ok with him, but I feel like he would not want to leave BYU for us...and as Goose noted, the chance is still there to get Stitt at OC...

That wasn't truly a knock on Mendenhall (Although one could argue that he and his staff deserve some blame for not finding and recruiting a better QB). That D is legit.

The Utah loss was rather strange. BYU had a chance to tie it and send it to OT and their FG kicker whiffed, and then Ute fans rushed the field and drew a penalty. Second FG was blocked.

Mendehall hit a Ute heckler with the death stare after that Utah game.

Article linked in post 13 of this thread seems to suggest that maybe he's burned out at BYU and it's time for a change of scenery to get the fire back. I just hope that if he is an "odd duck" as one of his current players described, that will be apparent in the interview.

Didn't catch that, thanks.

Interesting that he turned down a 5 year deal for a 3 year deal recently. I guess that shows he doesn't want to be the BYU coach forever.

Seriously, get this guy a legit OC and some recruiters and we'll win a lot of games. His defenses are no joke. He frequently beats P12 teams and beat Oklahoma a couple of years ago IIRC.

Not to sure he would be in my top three but it would be hard to argue the guy is qualified and would be a decent coach. Just not the splash I would like but damn solid coach.

Could get excited about this more than the other names being thrown out. Love that 3-3-5 in the Pac. Needs a solid OC. He looks to have a couple of solid guys committed, I bet recruiting to BYU has its fair share of troubles to deal with

Utah fan on Twitter just informed us Bronco has never had a player he recruited drafted

Could get excited about this more than the other names being thrown out. Love that 3-3-5 in the Pac. Needs a solid OC. He looks to have a couple of solid guys committed, I bet recruiting to BYU has its fair share of troubles to deal with

No kidding, they suspended their best BBall player during the NCAA tourney a couple years ago for getting laid - I'll bet that's a popular story other schools mention when recruiting against BYU.

Back