1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soph Girl at Grandview

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by trappedinks, Feb 1, 2015.

1. trappedinks

trappedinks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I read an article about a sophomore that is tearing it up. Hope CU has a chance!
  2. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I would guess you are referring to Michaela Onyenwere. I watched Grandview's game in the final 4 at the CECC last season. A gentleman sitting in front of me had a very interesting comment about her : "She could be great if she ever learns how to play basketball". At the time she was relying almost entirely on her crazy athleticism. You could see she really didn't have much of an understanding of the game. I have not seen her play this season but from her stats it appears she has made good strides towards gaining that understanding of the game that she was lacking last season. I know the CU coaches are aware of her and Coach Lappe was at that same final 4 game last season so she has seen her.
    Goose likes this.
  3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Athleticism alone will not make her a great basketball player in college. I hope she is learning basketball. If she does that, I hope she comes to CU.