What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soph Girl at Grandview

I would guess you are referring to Michaela Onyenwere. I watched Grandview's game in the final 4 at the CECC last season. A gentleman sitting in front of me had a very interesting comment about her : "She could be great if she ever learns how to play basketball". At the time she was relying almost entirely on her crazy athleticism. You could see she really didn't have much of an understanding of the game. I have not seen her play this season but from her stats it appears she has made good strides towards gaining that understanding of the game that she was lacking last season. I know the CU coaches are aware of her and Coach Lappe was at that same final 4 game last season so she has seen her.

Athleticism alone will not make her a great basketball player in college. I hope she is learning basketball. If she does that, I hope she comes to CU.

I don't follow WBB recruiting at all so I don't know what exactly happened, but yeah, unfortunate, we could certainly use her. As a casual observer of the women's team I have a hard time finding many silver linings with this season.

I don't follow WBB recruiting at all so I don't know what exactly happened, but yeah, unfortunate, we could certainly use her. As a casual observer of the women's team I have a hard time finding many silver linings with this season.

Raw deal for the staff this year. Lost their Center due to "personal reasons" and they lost a returning starter due to transferring. Next year should be better since all of the younger players will be older and stronger. Two freshmen should contribute. Backcourt will hopefully be 100% all year as both were dealing with injuries.

Back