1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds like a pretty good sized WSU contigent coming to town for the game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cougfan99, Sep 30, 2011.

1. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

You guys are gonna love us, then unfortuately in about 3 weeks you will meet the Huskies and you will think Oklahoma or Texas traded their colors for Purple and Urine.

All you have to do is hand us a beer and we will be your best friends, unless we start losing.

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Sounds like we're going to need more pissballoons...

Anybody seen the diuretics??

3. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

All the rooms in Boulder are booked I believe which sucks cause I wanted to stay the night up there.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

You've never had to deal with OU or UT if you think UW is anything even remotely like them.

And just so you know, we're the biggest assholes in the Pac 12. Just ask Nebraska. They never lie about anything.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

unsure about the Oklahoma and Texas reference here....don't see UW in that category.

generally speaking. UW, good as they have been at times, aren't really that same category of program.

6. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

I used to get annoyed with Fusker fans saying how bad we were but that was manly because they were such pussies about it. I'm ok with the "Here come the assholes" message now.

7. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

Having played both Oklahoma and Texas in bowl games that was my only experience with them, so who knows.

UW fans are going to absolutely blow your minds in their complete stupidity and arrogence they invited football. About 90% of their fans either went to a community college, live in a doublewide, or a college other than UW. When they played Eastern Wa to open the season my buddy that graduated from EWU went to the game in purple and rooted for the Huskies.

They are horrible fans.

8. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

At first I was disappointed DD hasn't been around all week. Now it's just starting to piss me off... :pissed:

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

eh. my theory is fans are almost always nice unless you are a rival. Ohio State fans have a national rep as bad as anyone and they were super nice to us. However, they got a weird look in their eye whenever you mentioned Michigan or Wisconsin.

10. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

Our folks are still jaded when talking about the OSU fans when we played them in 2002. Maybe it was because we were ranked #8 at the time.

The worst folks I have ever dealt with were Michigan fans at the 1998 Rose Bowl, ugh just miserable.

The school that was beyond welcoming was Auburn, I cannot tell you how much fun that place was as a visiting fan. I still keep in touch with one guy I met down there at his tailgate.

11. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

12. RK

RK UBL Club Member

I think Im maturing... I saw some WSU fans in the field-house checking out Folsom and I said "Welcome to Boulder" as opposed to the usual "Get the **** out" this whole Pac 12 thing is messing me up. I need some more time to develop some hatred for these schools. That being said **** UTAH!

13. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

They were not at the Great American Beer Festival? I have been getting texts that from folks that our fans are running roughshot through that thing since last night.

14. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

True dat. Moved to Seattle after graduating from CU & didn't know a single Husky. As soon as Neu was hired away from us, they came out of the woodworks & started giving me ****. Odd group of fans - but they do know how to tailgate. :thumbsup:

And Wazzu fans are some of my favorites. All of my friends & (ex) boyfriend were Cougs and they were fun peeps. They knew their football, were major partiers and hated Ryan Leaf just as much us non-Wazzu fans. :nod:

15. Darth Snow

It is a great experience. I didn't get tickets this year. Glad I didn't. I'm still recovering from last weekend.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If you are doing it right, the GABF runs roughshod over you.

Darth Snow likes this.
  17. Darth Snow

Last year, my buddy who I was staying with walked away totally blacked out. Didn't tell me, he was just gone. It was like 2 AM. My phone had died. I had no way home, no where to stay. Ran into some girls I knew, blacked out. Woke up in some random girls house on cap hill, which, by the way, was nowhere near where I blacked out. convinced the girls I knew that were there (they had no idea whose house it was either) to drive me to Boulder for gameday.

18. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

We all like him again now, man we he a jerk in college as I was there at the time. He has gone through some nasty stuff in the last 3 years and came back a better person. It took being arrested for prescription drugs and rehab to get him back into the fold at WSU. He spoke at the FB dinner in 2010 and the place just went crazy when he walked up there. He is around the FB program and school alot now as it should be.

19. Darian3Hagan

He probably just needs a warm place to stay.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

So far, I really like the Washington State fans.

This season, my ranking goes:

1. Cal
    2. Washington State
    3. Hawaii
    4. Ohio State
    5. csu

21. Darth Snow

fify.

22. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Seriously, the Pac-12 is amazing. I doubt there's one Big XII team fan base I would take over any of the Pac-12 fan bases.

23. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Okla State fans were always nice. I'd take them over USC or Zona fans.

I also liked how well our cheers went together. **** em up **** em up go CU! (We're gonna beat the hell out of you)

24. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I had limited exposure to them, so I couldn't say. I liked Texas Tech fans honestly. I didn't encounter many, but they usually had a contingent of hot women with them. I liked that.

25. cougfan99

cougfan99 Member

I actaully talked with him at the UNLV, he just finished book about his experience. Leaf actually had major surgery on his neck in July for a possible tumor at the base of his skull, guess it was not cancerours at this time, but man he was so thin.

26. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Hawaii fans were top notch. That was a fantastic tailgate. I ate smoked squid. Twice.

27. Darian3Hagan

Who do you guys love more Leaf or Bledsoe?

28. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

But the UH fans that came here were mostly ****sticks.

29. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

You may be right, but I also remember you guys coming to Folsom in 2002. The single most obnoxious fan I have ever encountered at any sporting event was a Wazzu guy. He's lucky he was sitting on the west side or he probably would have gotten his ass kicked that day.

30. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

:nod: