1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special teams is important.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 24, 2011.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Duh.

I figure a mediocre team with good special teams will always figure out a way to win 7-8 games a year. A mediocre team with bad special teams is lucky to win 2-3 games. Hawkins didn't give a damn about special teams. He didn't understand the importance of field position. I think Embree does, but we still have a long, long way to go just to get to "respectable" in special teams. As we are right now, our special teams is more like special ed.

2. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Starting field position was the story of this game. Agree with you totally and I like that at least Embree was getting in the guy's ears when they screwed up. All I remember about last year was Dan turning his back on our kicker.

3. Illegal Pete

Illegal Pete New Member

100% correct. Field position KILLED us, how hard is it to return a kick 15+ yards?

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I came away with the impression that it was impossible if you wear a gold helmet. I blame the offense mostly though. They went 3 and out nearly every drive of the first half which led to putting the D in a bad position. I think the D actually looked pretty good considering how much they were on the field and where they started each drive.