What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special teams is important.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Duh.

I figure a mediocre team with good special teams will always figure out a way to win 7-8 games a year. A mediocre team with bad special teams is lucky to win 2-3 games. Hawkins didn't give a damn about special teams. He didn't understand the importance of field position. I think Embree does, but we still have a long, long way to go just to get to "respectable" in special teams. As we are right now, our special teams is more like special ed.

Starting field position was the story of this game. Agree with you totally and I like that at least Embree was getting in the guy's ears when they screwed up. All I remember about last year was Dan turning his back on our kicker.

Starting field position was the story of this game. Agree with you totally and I like that at least Embree was getting in the guy's ears when they screwed up. All I remember about last year was Dan turning his back on our kicker.
100% correct. Field position KILLED us, how hard is it to return a kick 15+ yards?

100% correct. Field position KILLED us, how hard is it to return a kick 15+ yards?

I came away with the impression that it was impossible if you wear a gold helmet. I blame the offense mostly though. They went 3 and out nearly every drive of the first half which led to putting the D in a bad position. I think the D actually looked pretty good considering how much they were on the field and where they started each drive.

Back