What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special teams

drmike

Is Speedy still dinged up? IMO Scott is struggling on kick returns badly and Speedy or Lockridge might give us the spark we are missing with JFly's absence. Our offense needs all the help we can get.

Would someone please teach Goodman how to kick an onside kick! I know it is hard to imagine being in a tight game when the kick counts, but we can't expect them to continue to drop the ball kicked right to them with no hop.

Is Speedy still dinged up? IMO Scott is struggling on kick returns badly and Speedy or Lockridge might give us the spark we are missing with JFly's absence. Our offense needs all the help we can get.

Would someone please teach Goodman how to kick an onside kick! I know it is hard to imagine being in a tight game when the kick counts, but we can't expect them to continue to drop the ball kicked right to them with no hop.

Really? I think he's been doing great on kick returns. He's protecting the ball, and has returned a few long ones. He returned a couple to the 50 just last night.

Scott looks slow... WTF? His vision is still suspect, but I think it was getting better as the game went on. There were a lot of times on kick returns and runs (especially early) where he had a lot of space and just didn't run to it....

Also, I am still confused on how he got caught by a MAC LINEBACKER 30 yards down the field....

However, he improved throughout the game (until they took him out so Sumler could pass protect... GAH, the man can run and catch AND block, his blocking was FINE LAST NIGHT)...

So I am still excited about scott... just wish lock had gotten A carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Scott started out kinda rough last night (he seemed to keep running into Sumler at the point of contact) but he got much better as the game went on and he started find the holes and make people miss. I agree with SB, he hasn't shown the top end speed I was expecting out of him, but he's doing a fine job on kick returns. Speedy would not be an upgrade there, IMO, though he might be good on punt returns with his ability to get up to top speed quickly.

Also, DiLallo and Goodman look MUCH better this year than last. And our coverage has been pretty good from what I've seen. We had Toledo pinned inside the 10 three times in their first three drives. Too bad the D couldn't stop the 90 yard drives. But, special teams was a clear weakness last year. This year I'd say they're our best unit.

I think DS is a very good kickoff returner. But even so, I'd rather he didn't have to run a 20-40 yard sprint before the start of an offensive series. We need him fresh and he's got to be able to carry the load as a RB. B-Lock has good hands, is shiftier, is just as fast, and needs to be more involved with the extra touches. If I were making the call (don't know if Hagan or Riddle choose the returner), B-Lock would be my KO and Punt returner.

Special teams look solid to me... wish I could say that about any other part of our team :sad1:

Agreed, at this point I really cant complain (relatively) about our ST. They one positive improvements so far.

Back