What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Speeding Buffaloes

Yes, you can make fun of 40 times, but remembering that everyone has the same iffyness, having so many, so fast, still means overall team speed is pretty breathtaking.

Pretty much my view on things.

What are your credentials on this? I'm not convinced you understand what a good squat looks like, or what numbers can be realistically obtained through a quality training program augmented with creatine.

You seem like a nice guy, and I'm not trying to diminish your contribution here, but I think you're in over your head on this topic.

I'm a powerlifter who knows that a squat is only legit if the hip crease is below the knee, thats where the sticking point is on most lifters.

This is a good squat, right about at parallel skip to 1:00
[video=youtube;J-a5S-f6pfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-a5S-f6pfA[/video]

I'm a powerlifter who knows that a squat is only legit if the hip crease is below the knee, thats where the sticking point is on most lifters.

This is a good squat, right about at parallel skip to 1:00
[video=youtube;J-a5S-f6pfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-a5S-f6pfA[/video]

It was okay.

You can expect to see see about a 20 to 30 percent increase in gains (both mass and lifts) with creatine. Double blind tests prove it.

Before creatine I couldnt even get near 400. Creatine is the **** too bad I had to stop taking it.

Before creatine I couldnt even get near 400. Creatine is the **** too bad I had to stop taking it.

Why'd you stop? Hopefully you didn't allow the lies to get to you. It's a very misunderstood product, it bugs me that it's stigmatized the way it is.

For me, I don't have to really pay attention to what I eat when I augment with creatine. It's far better than obsessive nutrition.

Yes it does and no way in hell are some of those squat numbers legit. The raw squat record for powerlifters is like 850 in only a belt. That was done by scott weech a guy who is on steroids and has been powerlifting for about 15 years. Now i can believe some guys on cu's team loaded up 650+ lbs on their backs and bent down a couple of inches but thats about as legit as calling a powerclean good if they get it above their waist.

I'm not purporting that my fast ass knows anything about weightlifting BUT wikipedia had this to say about squats:

World records

• The heaviest unequipped, drug tested squat is 430 kg (948 lbs), held by Joe Uttoe [5]
  • The heaviest unequipped squat record (no squat suit) is 450.9 kg (992 lbs), held by Andrei Malanichev (Russia).[5]
  • The IPF record (singly ply squat suit only, drug tested) is 457.5 kg (1008 lbs), held by Shane Hamman (USA).
  • The record with unlimited equipment is 566.9 kg (1250 lbs) held by Vlad Alhazov.[6]
  • The world record for sumo squats (with no weights) performed in one hour is 5,135, held by Dr. Thienna Ho (Vietnam).[7]

717 seems a lot more reasonable compared to 948 rather than 850.

Last edited:
Why'd you stop? Hopefully you didn't allow the lies to get to you. It's a very misunderstood product, it bugs me that it's stigmatized the way it is.

For me, I don't have to really pay attention to what I eat when I augment with creatine. It's far better than obsessive nutrition.

I stopped because I just got too massive and the mood swings were terrible.

ok? with 730?

No, the lift was impressive. But the form suffered a little. I'm a big advocate of performing the smoothest, most precise lift possible, even at the expense of the amount lifted. It's just my philosophy. If you want to just throw a lot of weight around to impress your buddies, fine, but strength training should be about more than just bragging rights. Again, just my opinion.

I'm not purporting that my fast ass knows anything about weightlifting BUT wikipedia had this to say about squats:

All of those squats are equipped. That means in either a squat suit and knee wraps or just knee wraps.

The first squat is wrong thats not the world record this is
[video=youtube;EtWfBd8vvdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWfBd8vvdY[/video]
And the second is not unequipped malanichev is wearing knee wraps...but if he went without knee wraps he would prob get the record
[video=youtube;o6Ei3lGXo0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ei3lGXo0Y[/video]

In the first video those are just knee sleeves the second vid those grey things are knee wraps and they add around 100 lbs for malanichev

can't watch that chit. >>shudders<<

Hard enough to go work out without having those images in my mind.

On a related note:

Monday January 24, 11:13 PM
l4974362.jpg

Stafon Johnson, a former USC football player whose throat was crushed in a weight-training accident, announced Monday, Jan. 24, 2011, in Beverly Hills, Calif., that he has sued the university and an assistant coach for negligence. Johnson was bench-pressing 275 pounds in the USC weight room in 2009 when the bar dropped or fell on his neck. He is seeking unspecified damages. (AP Photo/Nick Ut)

I don't believe a thing about those 40 times posted. Clemons might run a 4.45 at the combine next year. Maybe.

Also, creatine plays no part in mood swings, so I hope you are joking. And we all saw the YouTube video of the strength and conditioning program, so any numbers that come out of that regime are a joke.

I don't believe a thing about those 40 times posted. Clemons might run a 4.45 at the combine next year. Maybe.

Also, creatine plays no part in mood swings, so I hope you are joking. And we all saw the YouTube video of the strength and conditioning program, so any numbers that come out of that regime are a joke.

Are you suggesting that D3H doesn't experience mood swings? There is plenty of evidence to the contrary right here on Allbuffs.

That might be true, but there is nothing in creatine that would cause you to physiologically suffer mood swings.

However, the placebo effect is a hell of a (not) drug.

That might be true, but there is nothing in creatine that would cause you to physiologically suffer mood swings.

However, the placebo effect is a hell of a (not) drug.

Well, D3H chugs creatine like it's going out of style, and he experiences severe mood swings, so naturally we all assumed...well, you know.

Looks like we need to examine other possible explanations. Maybe it's his hormone therapy. Who knows?

Well, D3H chugs creatine like it's going out of style, and he experiences severe mood swings, so naturally we all assumed...well, you know.

Looks like we need to examine other possible explanations. Maybe it's his hormone therapy. Who knows?

Listen asshole I already told you I'm off the stuff, but I will admit to feeling some creatine flash backs.

Back