What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Speedy Is Hurt

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
along with Orms and a few others-

any news on how bad ?

Stewart's shoulder is not good from what I hear but have no idea if he's out for a long time or not.

Speaking of Terrell, does anyone else think he should be starting? I don't care where, but this guy seems to make plays when he is playing. Well, other than running into our punter....

a CU player bumped into him right before the muff

the coaches shouldn't of had him anywhere near that PR
Regardless from a 4 year starter should have better field awareness than to attempt to field a punt inside the 10. The coaches could've told Speedy to stay away from it but no one forced him to attempt to field the punt after being ran into.

You're right that the rule of thumb is inside the ten, but he wasn't. He'd have caught it w/o interference from Smith. And I agree VB, benching Speedy would be like putting the offense in Hirshman's hands. Not ready.

Hope Speedy is not hurt too bad. Bummer of a day for him returning to Ohio.

I respect the hell out of Speedy for his accomplishments, but....

If he's out an extended period, will there really be any drop off in production at the RB position? I'm wondering. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to see a lot more of Jones and Ford? According to the depth chart, Ford has 20 lbs on Speedy and Jones, maybe that size would help the running game and actually make it more effective.

You're right that the rule of thumb is inside the ten, but he wasn't. He'd have caught it w/o interference from Smith. And I agree VB, benching Speedy would be like putting the offense in Hirshman's hands. Not ready.

Jones is ready, we have depth at RB. Won't mind seeing more Zone blocking for Jones, the guy is an excellent cut back runner, good pass catcher also. If we can land Wes Brown and Davien Payne next year, our running game is going to be unstoppable.

Hope Speedy is not hurt too bad. Bummer of a day for him returning to Ohio.

I respect the hell out of Speedy for his accomplishments, but....

If he's out an extended period, will there really be any drop off in production at the RB position? I'm wondering. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to see a lot more of Jones and Ford? According to the depth chart, Ford has 20 lbs on Speedy and Jones, maybe that size would help the running game and actually make it more effective.

He isn't the 215lb+ banger that you idealy want for a power running game but I am liking what I see of Jones, he doesn't dance in the hole, he hits it, he runs through tackles and he gives effort on every play. It is just a matter of time till he breaks some big hitters. He doesn't have a mastery of the offense like Speedy and isn't as complete in terms of blocking and recieving but I think it is time for him to get a solid shot along with a lot of the other young guys.

Jones is ready, we have depth at RB. Won't mind seeing more Zone blocking for Jones, the guy is an excellent cut back runner, good pass catcher also. If we can land Wes Brown and Davien Payne next year, our running game is going to be unstoppable.

Now all we have to worry about is that pesky OL.

He isn't the 215lb+ banger that you idealy want for a power running game but I am liking what I see of Jones, he doesn't dance in the hole, he hits it, he runs through tackles and he gives effort on every play. It is just a matter of time till he breaks some big hitters. He doesn't have a mastery of the offense like Speedy and isn't as complete in terms of blocking and recieving but I think it is time for him to get a solid shot along with a lot of the other young guys.

Agree. Speedy has been all heart from day one here, but if he's out, we get to see maybe if some of these younger guys can play.

In before full retard. Oops, too late.

First off, karma to Speedy. I'm anxious to hear the details on his injury. We need him on the field, and he contributes significantly to our offense. He's probably about a quarter to a third of all of it, plus a solid blocking back.

He's got senior leadership, a whole bunch of experience and proven success. This guys a great Buff and one of the few bright spots on the team. Yes, he was a disaster on special teams yesterday. And maybe he hasn't been as productive as we'd like in the running game, but I'm not convinced that's all on him.

Get a grip folks. Speedy is key to our offense. I hope he's not out.

Speedy is a warrior though. I respect the heck out of his desire... Though I don't like that he was on special teams returning punts injured. =/ oh well

per Embree post game interview, Speedy was hurt before the game started.

Last edited:
Maybe Jones and Ford can handle the running game, but without Speedy we'll lose half of our passing game. Does anyone know if the other RBs can catch? Even if they can, it's highly unlikely they can execute screen passes as well as Speedy.

Back