What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Speedy Is Hurt

our fan base is failing the IQ test again if they want our most consistent offensive weapon benched.

Really, people want speedy benched? :rolling_eyes:

Nope. Kid's all heart and warrior mentality. I'm saying if he's out an extended time, we'd see if the young guys can bring anything on the field. I wondered how much production would actually be lost in that scenario-- although, to think about it, Speedy was #6 in the nation prior to yesterday in yds from scrimmage (rush + recv yds) at 166 per game. Replacing that could be a problem on an offense that frankly has struggled.

Jones is ready, we have depth at RB. Won't mind seeing more Zone blocking for Jones, the guy is an excellent cut back runner, good pass catcher also. If we can land Wes Brown and Davien Payne next year, our running game is going to be unstoppable.

Hah! Pardon me?

I, for one, do NOT want Stewart benched. What I want is for the coaches to use his strengths - slot receiver, option back, vs. slow lateral teams. Then what I want is for us to Jones when we someone to run between the tackles. Finally, I want either Hansen or a fullback for the 1 yard power game! Pretending that handing off to Stewart on 3rd and 1 is going to do anything for us but send out the punt team is asinine. Conversely, saying he should be benched is equally so.

Hansen needs to quit getting the ball and running 20 yards behind the LOS and attempting a pass

I agree that they need another back to step up. And i agree they need to call plays that give speedy the best chance which I think they did a pretty good job at up until sat. But we don't have a power back on the roster so we need to play with the guys we have. Unfortunately that means that speedy and jones are both going to have to run between the tackles for us to have a balanced offense and be successful.

Speedy ran well against osu, but we got in such a hole early he didn't get enough opportunity. Ugh. Hope he is ok. Was nice to see McCullough get a td. Hope he steps up. People are blanketing prich and someone needs to make them pay. I do hope speedy has lost the punt return job tho.

Speedy ran well against osu, but we got in such a hole early he didn't get enough opportunity. Ugh. Hope he is ok. Was nice to see McCullough get a td. Hope he steps up. People are blanketing prich and someone needs to make them pay. I do hope speedy has lost the punt return job tho.

Clemons had a pretty good game. Probably his best game all year.

I will be surprised if Speedy doesn't go on Saturday. I am hearing it is just an AC sprain. Painful but not an injury that will take him out of the line up. We'll probaby see a lot of T Jones as we need to be able to run the ball vs wazzu.

Speaking of Terrell, does anyone else think he should be starting? I don't care where, but this guy seems to make plays when he is playing. Well, other than running into our punter....

He did make up for that by hustling to catch that Ohio State kick returner before he scored a KOR for a TD.

Clemons had a pretty good game. Probably his best game all year.
Let me look at the stats. In my memory, Clemons only caught that one desperation/Luck TD.

Upon review... were you drinking? Clemons against OSU: 4 catches, 31 yards, 1 TD.

He did make up for that by hustling to catch that Ohio State kick returner before he scored a KOR for a TD.

I was shocked by that. Didn't think Terror had that kind of speed.

Speaking of Speedy, remember this is a 13 game season with no bye weeks...we need to give Speedy a break and get Jones/Ford some touches to see what they could do in the screen passing game. Didn't Jones have a catch on a screen play against Ohio State? That's a good sign with Jones...but I dunno about the other RBs namely Ford.

Back