1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speedy trip and pick 6

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

These could have been huge and made for a much different ending in the game. How huge would it have been had Speedy not tripped on his apparent run to the end zone or close to it and we scored a TD instead of throwing a pick 6 after the Texas fumble???

I know there are things you can say for Texas too, but to me the game last night felt like we missed a couple of great chances right there.

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I brought it up last night, speedy would have scored on that play because the safety back was being blocked and he would have had a clear shot. Would have been huge. The pick 6 was a killer. The special teams giving them 2 td's didn't help either.

3. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

You can count on hearing all about it from Hawk. Something like, "We got gashed a couple of times. If we don't throw that pick for six, don't give up that long td pass before half time, and capitilize a little more often when we get the ball, we would have been right in there, even won it. We're close"

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Leave the Hawk quotes to the professional. Paging Buffnut99...:smile2:

5. Unleash Hell

For this game I would have to agree with those comments. We were a couple plays away from making things really interesting late in the game in Austin. Hell ESPN.com even had the score on their upset alert for most of the game.

6. SkiTownUSA

I'm just saying he'll probably use the big plays against us as a tool to make the game appear closer than it actually was. Then tell us how close we are.

I'm not trying to rip Hawk here, nor am I ticked off at the results of the game. It was expected. The guys played great football for most the game.

7. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

The real difference last night was Shipley. That dude makes McCoy look GOOOOD!

8. SkiTownUSA

We were, absolutely. But giving up those big plays isn't an excuse. If, coulda, woulda, shoulda....... you know what I'm saying.

9. Unleash Hell

I know, but I still can't help it, we really were so close to making that game a lot different late. It would have been huge to do something special in Austin when not even buff fans had hope for the game. This team is getting better each week, and I expect to beat KU.