What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer announcing at 2 pm 4/24

A ****show because they're waiting on Tad to get back?
A ****show because the AD shouldn't have scheduled anything until they knew what time they could hold the presser, let alone change the time three times (and counting). Vintage CU PR.

A ****show because the AD shouldn't have scheduled anything until they knew what time they could hold the presser, let alone change the time three times (and counting). Vintage CU PR.

Maybe Tad's flight got delayed. Who's fault is that?

The problem is that CU has a history of this. We bungle press conferences. It's what we do. And they announced it at 1 yesterday and then a few hours later changed it to 1:30. Perception is greater than reality, and right now the perception of CU's press department is that they're bungling fools.

And the Dre & Embree PC's last year make it hard to argue against that.

Maybe Tad's flight got delayed. Who's fault is that?
Twice? Perhaps, but I get professionally embarrassed if I even have to reschedule/delay a conference call. There is a pattern at CU of this sort of thing (I see Goose has addressed this).

From Spencer's Instagram

sdinwiddie_2529 minutes ago

Couldn't sleep last night, this is one of my Reflections.. Everybody always asks if it hurt...it didn't really, no pop, not much pain just weakness, weakness in my knee, weakness in my leg...it all happened fast felt like a twist and an immediate collision with the ground.... That look on my face was shock, sadness and fear...Shock because I've never been seriously hurt and wasn't sure what I was feeling, I didn't know then that the weakness and pain in my lateral line had been brewing since Wash St, prolly immaturity and supreme confidence led to this.....Sad because the last part of that promise I made to buffnation when I was a 17yr old high school senior was cast into doubt and ultimately unfulfilled during my Jr campaign...and fear for what lied ahead in my own journey...so I'll tell u like I told coach that day when he walked to the floor, "I'm sorry"

http://instagram.com/p/nLZwwOx4Uq/

We're truly lucky to have Spencer and PRich. AND at the same time. Great Buffs who will be missed

The problem is that CU has a history of this. We bungle press conferences. It's what we do. And they announced it at 1 yesterday and then a few hours later changed it to 1:30. Perception is greater than reality, and right now the perception of CU's press department is that they're bungling fools.

And the Dre & Embree PC's last year make it hard to argue against that.

This is a stupid thing to cry about. Press conferences are delayed, cancelled, moved up, relocated, or whatever all the time, everywhere. It's the nature of the beast.

This is a stupid thing to cry about. Press conferences are delayed, cancelled, moved up, relocated, or whatever all the time, everywhere. It's the nature of the beast.

He has a big point with the embree PC. That was a disaster. Whoever decided to let the team in there during that press conference should have been fired.

Wasn't crying, and if it came across that way that's on me as I did a poor job vocalizing my complaint. My problem is that our AD has a tendency to come across half assed. With these press conferences it's one thing. The media guide handouts for football media days last year was embarrassing. The "we're going to make an announcement about making an announcement for fund raising" fiascos under Bohn. It's all little stuff, but it adds up. All CU had to do was tweet out "The press conference has been moved due to Tad Boyle's flight being delayed". Boom. Instead, they half ass it and say "It's now at 2". It wasn't until Adam and a few others pointed out the reason that people understood.

Wasn't crying, and if it came across that way that's on me as I did a poor job vocalizing my complaint. My problem is that our AD has a tendency to come across half assed. With these press conferences it's one thing. The media guide handouts for football media days last year was embarrassing. The "we're going to make an announcement about making an announcement for fund raising" fiascos under Bohn. It's all little stuff, but it adds up. All CU had to do was tweet out "The press conference has been moved due to Tad Boyle's flight being delayed". Boom. Instead, they half ass it and say "It's now at 2". It wasn't until Adam and a few others pointed out the reason that people understood.

Must. Resist. Inappropriate. Plati. Comment.

The hell is "source" doing in quotation marks?

Because:
A.) you acted all cryptic and bad-ass like you knew something the rest of us didnt.
B.) you were wrong
C.) it was the off hand musings of a beat writer, not actual info
D.) you folded like a cheap tent and gave up who it was after it was bad info (even AZ doesnt do this)

That is "why."

hijacked.jpg

Because:
A.) you acted all cryptic and bad-ass like you knew something the rest of us didnt.
B.) you were wrong
C.) it was the off hand musings of a beat writer, not actual info
D.) you folded like a cheap tent and gave up who it was after it was bad info (even AZ doesnt do this)

That is "why."

A. That wasn't my intention, all I posted was that we should *expect* a decision on Monday, which at this point was wrong

B. True

C. Sort of, he later posted it on Rivals (actually it was before but I didn't see it)

D. Only because I saw he posted it in a thread. I did put up a little fight but I ended up editing the OP

A. That wasn't my intention, all I posted was that we should *expect* a decision on Monday, which at this point was wrong

B. True

C. Sort of, he later posted it on Rivals (actually it was before but I didn't see it)

D. Only because I saw he posted it in a thread. I did put up a little fight but I ended up editing the OP

Advice from an old guy: Own it when you are wrong, **** happens, people get stuff wrong.

Back