1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spencer better get his **** together

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jcatcher, Jul 5, 2015.

1. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

Or he's going to be looking for a job along with all those other Summer League players. In two games (and being the guy with the most NBA experience on the floor) he's shooting 5-16, with 11 fouls and 12 turnovers. He had 8 fouls in game one against Orlando's "B" team (No fouling out in summer league).

I personally think he'll be fine, but at least show up, Mayor.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

He's probably shaking off some rust.

3. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

Eh, it's concerning but he's impressed at times against real NBA players and SVG loves him. He's perfect for his offense if he can just find his shot. I mean 5-16 is actually a better FG% than he had last season, he had all these same problems last year.

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

If 5/16 is better than he had last year, he's got serious problems. That's even worse than Lebron.

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I caught part of a game vs Orlando and he looked like the best player on the floor offensively for Detroit.

6. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Overreact much?

7. BuffinCali

BuffinCali Well-Known Member

He will be just fine. 8 assists last game. He is facilitating the offense and getting Stanley Johnson involved often - that is what the Piston's want to see.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree that he'll be fine. But as Spencer said when interviewed after the really rough summer league outing, he's got to eliminate the turnovers. That's on him and he has to be better than that. I also don't think he's defending at the level he's capable.

9. BuffinCali

BuffinCali Well-Known Member

Good observation on the defensive end. He has the tools but appeared to be playing off his man and certainly not assertive enough. Turnovers are an issue... That said, he looks much quicker than last year - I think he has gained confidence in his knee (which can take time). Given the fact that the Pistons were shopping Jennings in the off-season, 2016-2017 looks to be a break out season for him if he can improve his shooting from the perimeter and maintain a solid points to turnover margin.

10. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

Looks like a D-league year for Spencer with the addition of Steve Blake, at least until they can get rid of Jennings.

11. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Summer League is really the smallest of his concerns. I'd be more concerned with the Pistons throwing a max contract at Reggie Jackson.

Barring injury, if he starts at some point in the near future--it'll be at SG. At least on Detroit.