What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer staying for junior year.

Allbuffs doesnt fancy itself a scoop site, for the record

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Allbuffs doesnt fancy itself a scoop site, for the record

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Nor did myself or Nik ever say that we had "SCOOOOOOP" or anything like that. People would talk about Dinwiddie, I would say things like "it wouldn't surprise me if he went pro this year". Not sure why myself or Nik are being called out for bad info when the Mayor announces he's coming back one more year, but whatever. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know ****.

99% of the "scoop" on this board is :bs:, there are only a few people that consistently deliver reliable information (buffnik being one of them).

Actually this board does a pretty good job compared to others and there are folks here who have connections that do matter. You can take what they say or leave it. The overall value here, especially if you pony up the $15 for a membership, is pretty fantastic. Especially the knowledge of how to handle the disposal of alleged dead hookers! Nik and others bring it daily, deliver a fantastic recruiting forum, and insights/news into various areas of the School, community, and the AD.

You can call it BS, but that would be pretty short sighted. You may need glasses! :lol:

Edit: My use of scoooooop was amended above to include the overall value....Thanks Goose and Dio

Last edited:
There is a lot of good information/SCOOP on this site. There is also a lot of BS. You just have to look at the information critically to determine fact from fiction. I, for one, greatly appreciate the information posted on this site and could care less if it is confirmed. If I am intrigued, I will take the time to obtain confirmation on my own.

I haven't seen Spencer or Dre on any 1st round mocks yet. Happy Spencer will be back.

I think someone posted a couple links that showed Spencer in the 1st round for the 2014 draft with Dre in the first half of the 2nd round.

Damn. I leave for a few hours after my sanctimonious post and the thread goes and gets good.

Nbadraft.net has Dinwiddie going at #11 for 2014, and Andre at #37

Draftexpress.com has Dinwiddie going at #48 for 2014, and Andre at #40

Nbadraft.net is much more on potential, where as draftexpress is more on where they are now. Not to be negative, but the latter usually has been more accurate.

Oops I meant 2013 draft. Haven't clicked on any 2014 lists yet

A lot of people don't have him on mock drafts b/c scouts didn't think he was going to declare.

But here was a write-up on him before the tourney as one of the top 10 Prospects With The Most To Gain From NCAA Tournament

Spencer Dinwiddie - Apparently Dinwiddie could "test the waters" this year, although testing the waters isn't really a thing anymore. Still, he's been flying under the radar this season as most scouts would expect him to be back in school, but if he does declare he is a guy to consider in the late first round.

Yet time and time again, these sources are dead wrong or at least inaccurate. I honestly find it annoying that people say they have "insider" information that is telling them one thing, they tease this info, then we hear the oppostite news, they get called on it, they become defensive and tell people that they don't know what they are talking about.

For all I know you and Goose are full of ****, and you have yet to show me otherwise. I guess my point is: don't dangle the info on this site without providing a source. Either don't say anything or provide it at the premium level. Otherwise when somebody calls them out and you rush to their defense, you may end up looking like a good ol' boys club simply defending their own without creating any real credibility.

Just my 2 cents.

just going to link to the thorburn thread over in the football forum.

Half the guys on this board do a better job of covering CU athletics than Ringo and Henderson. That is part of the problem.

What "news" do we get from the papers that doesn't show up here at roughly the same time with better depth and analysis? Even in the best of times the papers didn't give the quality and depth of information that we get from people like Goose and MattRob and others for basketball. Same with football, they can give 3 1/2 pages to the Broncos and who has been signed to provide depth in camp at long snapper and then not get around to noting a quality commit to the Buffs for days if they ever do.

Last edited:
There was a very real possibility that Dinwiddie would leave this year. That's a fact. It would have been a very different team next season if he had decided to leave. That's also a fact. It's a good thing for the Buffs that it appears that he is going to stay.

There was a very real possibility that Dinwiddie would leave this year. That's a fact. It would have been a very different team next season if he had decided to leave. That's also a fact. It's a good thing for the Buffs that it appears that he is going to stay.

Is this a fact?

I have it on pretty good word he could go 19/20 if declares this year....take it for what its worth. Some kids want to be a higher pick and come back....some kids want money asap....I'd love to have him another year!!!

I just don't see why people legitimately thought he would leave this year. Had his season gone like Trey Burke's I can understand, but he has millions of reasons to stay one more year. All he has to do is maintain the growth he has already shown. He gets to play on a team that should contend for a conference title and make a NCAA run. He can actually continue to get better in college, unlike some other players on this team...

I have it on pretty good word he could go 19/20 if declares this year....take it for what its worth. Some kids want to be a higher pick and come back....some kids want money asap....I'd love to have him another year!!!
your joking right?!?! whose your source... one of the sports writers at one of the local high school newspapers?? Don't get me wrong... I love spencer and what he brings to this team, but the last third of the season, we saw some aspects of his game that another year would help... heck at one point... when he had his perfect game, I was thinking first round... but he'll get there, just not this year

I just don't see why people legitimately thought he would leave this year. Had his season gone like Trey Burke's I can understand, but he has millions of reasons to stay one more year. All he has to do is maintain the growth he has already shown. He gets to play on a team that should contend for a conference title and make a NCAA run. He can actually continue to get better in college, unlike some other players on this team...

It's just so tricky for the players. Whenever this comes up, I always think of Richard Roby. He was a borderline first round pick after his freshman year. He got better as a player, but not dramatically, and so each year scouts viewed him as another year older and therefore having "less potential". This led to him being undrafted. I don't want to see any Buff ever have to go through that again. I think the Mayor is making the right decision, but any time someone is being told they'd go in the first round they have to go.

This is a problem we're going to be experiencing more and more over the next few years. This is a GOOD problem.

It's just so tricky for the players. Whenever this comes up, I always think of Richard Roby. He was a borderline first round pick after his freshman year. He got better as a player, but not dramatically, and so each year scouts viewed him as another year older and therefore having "less potential". This led to him being undrafted. I don't want to see any Buff ever have to go through that again. I think the Mayor is making the right decision, but any time someone is being told they'd go in the first round they have to go.

This is a problem we're going to be experiencing more and more over the next few years. This is a GOOD problem.
I largely share Goose's thoughts here. I remember going to the NIT game in 2006 with the "one more year" signs trying to get Roby to stay. Well it worked... just kidding (no I don't really think fans have that much pull in these kinds of things). Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot as they say. In hindsight, sure Roby should've gone after after his sophomore year. Never would I have thought Copeland would've made the NBA before Roby (don't really follow the international scene, but my guess is the chances of seeing Roby in the NBA are pretty slim at this point).

I think if you are a sure lottery pick, you almost always have to go. The only possible exception to that is a Florida-like situation, where they know they are coming back to a championship-caliber team. If you are a definite first-rounder but not necessarily a lottery pick, you should probably go as well. Borderline first-rounders, that's more dicey, if 'Dre were a borderline first-rounder, I'd say he should go, because I'm not sure his offensive game will ever grow and there's not that much more upside otherwise. I agree in Spencer's case, that I believe he's making the right decision. Could he regress, sure, but I don't think he's going to undraftable.

One thing Spencer has going for him, that Roby doesn't is the team is supposed to be much more competitive. If Spencer was playing on the 2006-07 Buffs in what turned out to be a Ricardo Patton lame duck season, I would've probably told him to go pro.

I think Spencer could have gone late first-round this year. Based on his Twitter, the kid is not enthralled or entertained with Boulder or college life. Thrilled to have him for another year, but he is gone in 2014.

The Roby and Dinwiddie situations are different. Roby has shown he was never going to be a successful NBA player. Maybe he peaked at age 20 and scouts/GMs noticed. Players can go undrafted and be more successful professionally than a top-5 pick. SD is good but has to get better if he wants a pro career.

He could solidify himself as a lottery pick or fall to the early second, but don't see him dropping like Roby did. Do you think SD will be drafted if he averages 17 pts and 5 rebs next year?

The Roby and Dinwiddie situations are different. Roby has shown he was never going to be a successful NBA player. Maybe he peaked at age 20 and scouts/GMs noticed. Players can go undrafted and be more successful professionally than a top-5 pick. SD is good but has to get better if he wants a pro career.

He could solidify himself as a lottery pick or fall to the early second, but don't see him dropping like Roby did. Do you think SD will be drafted if he averages 17 pts and 5 rebs next year?
While I'm in agreement with you, I think Roby's downfall is largely hindsight. I don't think too many could've predicted him going from a possible lottery pick to undrafted. He was one of the best players in the Big 12 at one point, won player-of-the-week multiple times.

If Roby plays under Boyle, or even Bzz, he would have been gone after his soph season. I have no doubt about that, and will always blame Patton for it.

Happy to hear Dinwiddie is staying. If he has the type of year we all think he can next season, he'll be a lottery pick.

If Roby plays under Boyle, or even Bzz, he would have been gone after his soph season. I have no doubt about that, and will always blame Patton for it.

Happy to hear Dinwiddie is staying. If he has the type of year we all think he can next season, he'll be a lottery pick.

I am not saying I agree he should have stayed, but if he was good enough and had the desire to be in NBA it would have happened. For all we know it still will.

I think David Harrison would have been better off with one more year, but don't think he would be in the NBA today either way. In the long run the true talent/ hard work shows.

your joking right?!?! whose your source... one of the sports writers at one of the local high school newspapers?? Don't get me wrong... I love spencer and what he brings to this team, but the last third of the season, we saw some aspects of his game that another year would help... heck at one point... when he had his perfect game, I was thinking first round... but he'll get there, just not this year

I'll respond cuz you seem a little agitated. No joke!! The source IS an NBA front office. I also have 5 friends that are college coaches. I'm not always right but these guys are in the profession and know what they are talking about.

If that is not good enough for you, go watch the CU at Arizona game again. Miles Simon (who announced the game) says before the game, Sean Miller said scouting CU that Dinwiddie is the most pro ready player in the Pac 12. Now you have to read into that a little as we all know Shabazz is a lottery pick, but that doesn't make him more pro ready at this point in time (or that point in the season).

Finally the NBA loves LLLLLOOOONNNNNGGGG players. Dinwiddie has the perfect NBA PG body for his age.

Assuming Dinwiddie is here next year, we win as CU fans!!! Don't get soo upset over something that could go either way. The kid wins getting drafted this year or next barring no injury.

Back