What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sports Confessions

1. I do not give two ****s about women sports. They bore me and I don't think the product is interesting at all. Respect the athletes for the time and energy they invest in their sport, but I don't care about the sport.
2. I don't hate Duke or UNC like many
3. I dislike all religious schools. Especially **** Baylor and BYU.
4. Baseball sucks donkey ****

Last one isn't so much a confession as it is a basic statement of fact.

Except for this year. This year, the Rockies will contend.... right??
Sure, in April and into May. Then Tulo will get hurt. Then Cargo. Then the Monforts will tell us how great they are doing. I was in BOS last Summer and the Rockies CFO and another guy talked to us in Boulder then we went down to Coors for a tour and all that...they tried to tell us with a straight face how great the team was doing in late-June, maybe early July :lol:

for the first time since 1981, no one in my family has season tickets - and I'm not as upset as I thought I would be

5. I secretly revel in the fact that Tiger has lost his mental edge. (I take no joy in his injuries)

6. The only Nascar driver I like to see win is Jeff Gordon.

7. I confess to attending a WWE match in Colorado Springs when Jake the Snake Roberts and Ravishing Rick Rude were having a feud. ( Does this count as a sport?)

1) I would take a mediocre ice cream sandwich over a women's national championship in anything
2) I hate the nubs and Notre Dumb way more than is healthy and don't hate CSU at all though some of their fans are pretty ****y
3) deep down I still want rugged to **** in that CSU hat and use it as his avatar

1. I went to a CU women's volleyball game (before the midnight madness event) and absolutely loved it. It changed my perception on women's sports, it was fast paced and athletic. and dem shorts.
2. I have an unhealthy level of hate for Nebraska. I hate the color red, I get road rage when I see a big N on a vehicle, I refuse to patronize a "Nebraska" bar, and when I see some guy on the slopes wearing a Nebraska starter jacket, I want to pelt him with snowballs.
3. I had a hard time enjoying CU football when i was sober during the Embree years and Mac's first season. It was painfully boring, close to the same level as baseball. I would go to the games for the social aspect instead of the football.
4. I went to a football game by myself once. All my buddies bailed on me because it was too cold and I didn't want to miss the game. I think was a KSU game (maybe 2004? ISU 2002? I don't know) and it was in snow or some freezing drizzle or something.
5. My friends and I used to bring in a least 10 bags of marshmallows to every game. Part of the pre-game ritual was to stop at King Soopers before the game.
6. I hate the taste of Captain and Pepsi, it just doesn't taste right.

1. I went to a CU women's volleyball game (before the midnight madness event) and absolutely loved it. It changed my perception on women's sports, it was fast paced and athletic. and dem shorts.
2. I have an unhealthy level of hate for Nebraska. I hate the color red, I get road rage when I see a big N on a vehicle, I refuse to patronize a "Nebraska" bar, and when I see some guy on the slopes wearing a Nebraska starter jacket, I want to pelt him with snowballs.
3. I had a hard time enjoying CU football when i was sober during the Embree years and Mac's first season. It was painfully boring, close to the same level as baseball. I would go to the games for the social aspect instead of the football.
4. I went to a football game by myself once. All my buddies bailed on me because it was too cold and I didn't want to miss the game. I think was a KSU game (maybe 2004? ISU 2002? I don't know) and it was in snow or some freezing drizzle or something.
5. My friends and I used to bring in a least 10 bags of marshmallows to every game. Part of the pre-game ritual was to stop at King Soopers before the game.

My Brother-In-Law and sister were part of your era with the marshmallow fights and I was pissed when I got there and they had banned them.

My Brother-In-Law and sister were part of your era with the marshmallow fights and I was pissed when I got there and they had banned them.

I don't know if any other schools did that, but I thought it was a entertaining was to spend halftime.

My favorite sports to watch and follow regardless of how "my" team/athlete is doing:
1. College football
2. Women's world cup skiing*

I only follow the NHL when the Avs or Caps (have to adopt at least one local team) are doing well; the same is true for college basketball, I only pay attention when the Buffs are good. I only vaguely pay attention to the Broncos.

Other than that I regularly follow or even watch almost no sports at all, and I find all women's team sports entirely unwatchable.

*I seriously have favorite skiers in almost every discipline and on every national team, and there are skiers I love cheering against (e.g. once Maze found success, she quit hiding the bitchiness - now I love watching her lose). On the one hand, I feel weird with how closely I follow the sport, but then it's no closer than many folks follow the no fun league, and no one thinks that's "weird," so I think I'm OK. I also have zero enthusiasm for the men's version of the sport, which again, makes it a little odd...

2 is a good reminder, but I don't think it needs to be a confession. I'm very open about it. Volleyball is an awesome sport. I wish we had a men's team also.

1. I am optimistic about the Rockies chances every year and make it a point to watch every game possible through about June. Then I just usually continue living my life.
2. I still have real hope the Avs can make the playoffs this year.
3. I attended the Nebraska football camp as a Freshman in high school (convinced by two buddies who were huge NU fans).
4. I would rather drink/tailgate for a CU/Broncos game and then return home to watch it on TV than go into the stadium (Piggybacking on a similar post from someone earlier)

1. Other than Buffs football, I lose interest very quickly in even my most beloved childhood teams when they have a bad season.
2. I am the son of 2 Michigan alums so the miracle in Ann Arbor is a terrible memory for me.
3. When I was a kid I loved baseball. As a teenager I hated it. Now in my 30's I love it again.
4. I like interleague play.
5. I believe Joe Montana is the greatest QB that has ever played and you will never convince me otherwise.

I find basketball to be the worst sport on the planet, and only tolerate it when the Buffs are good.

I love hockey, but found the NHL better in the 90's when the game was more defensive and physical

I would enjoy soccer if I didn't have to deal with the jersey clothed soccer fanatics telling me how the sports dominance is inevitable

Curling is fascinating to watch and I wish it was televised more

1. I am optimistic about the Rockies chances every year and make it a point to watch every game possible through about June. Then I just usually continue living my life.
2. I still have real hope the Avs can make the playoffs this year.
3. I attended the Nebraska football camp as a Freshman in high school (convinced by two buddies who were huge NU fans).
4. I would rather drink/tailgate for a CU/Broncos game and then return home to watch it on TV than go into the stadium (Piggybacking on a similar post from someone earlier)

I'm with you on tailgating. I get really sick of older people saying they would rather watch it at home. Especially college football.

I'm with you on tailgating. I get really sick of older people saying they would rather watch it at home. Especially college football.

Ha, I don't know if you read it right. I love tailgating and drinking for games, but I like watching the games in front of my 60" flat screen where I can see replays, not have to wait in line to piss and I've paid about $.75/beer instead of $7.

I lived about 7 blocks north of Mile High Stadium for 5 years post college, and the RMS/Broncos games were always a blast because I would walk down, tailgate and stumble home to watch the games.

Soccer bored me to tears. It saddens me that the popularity of Euro League Soccer in the US is growing faster than NFL in Europe.

The worst conversation I heard at Folsom involved some CU student sitting behind me explain how his 1st love is the Broncos, his second love is Arsenal, and that the Buffs come in a distant third. He had no idea what the Buffs record was or when they played next.

But he sure liked talking about players on his favorite soccer team while standing inside Folsom Field during a game.

I atended csu before transferring to cu
When Embree got hired I thought that we were going to be on our way back to the Top 25 that first year.

My sports confession:
I like Dinger.

that is all

:yeahthat: Me too. Never understood the Dinger hate. Although a female co-worker at a job I once had, said, seriously: "It's embarrassing because he's not wearing pants..."

Back