What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring 2009 Conditioning #'s

So, you're trying to tell me hawkins is faster or of equal speed to hansen in every category? I guess this would be that elusive proof that drills don't mean crap because there's no way in hell hawkins is even close to hansen on the field.

At least our WRs are faster than our LBers :sad1:

So, you're trying to tell me hawkins is faster or of equal speed to hansen in every category? I guess this would be that elusive proof that drills don't mean crap because there's no way in hell hawkins is even close to hansen on the field.

At least our WRs are faster than our LBers :sad1:
I could see little hawk doing ok in the speed work... he works hard. However, he definitely doesn't have the escapability and running instincts of Hansen.

And the biggest problem is definitely WR speed. All three of the incoming guys should be at least as fast as Simas. With that lack of speed, you can definitely see why we had problems stretching the field last year with Smith ailing.

Slade is right. It is a bit difficult to compare times, especially with such a short sprint like the 40. Any differences in conditions can make a significant difference in time.

That said, the 40 times for the WRs should not be surprising. Anyone who has watched over the last few years knows we lack speed at that position. On the other hand, I'm happy with the speed at the RB position.

Speaking of RBs, check out Moyd with his 638 squat and 394 bench. Powerful "little" guy. :thumbsup: I notice he's listed in the depth chart in the WRs as "also TB" but not listed in TBs at all. Nothing like a 5'7", 200 lb, really strong, WR :wtf:

I am the biggest Buff football fan around.....just jacking with my buddy Daahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Living down here in Longhorn/Sooner/Aggie/Tech land, it is very difficult. I would give my left (or right) nut to get the Buffs back to where we belong....at the Top.

I assume you live their not by choice? However, that is an ultimate sacrifice to give up that part of your anatomy to move back to the fatherland. Maybe you should consider a finger or toe instead.

Hard to understand his decision....don't think we will see him on national TV again....had he stuck it out with the Buffs, he would have been on 10 plus times over the rest of his career....
Word is he was upset about playing time. Also, Scott tried to talk him out of it and doesn't agree with his decision. I think the rap thing may be a small part, but is probably more of a ruse than anything. Also, he did not like to work hard in the weight room.

A couple things stood out to me besides Tyler and Cody's 40 times which boggle my mind:

Moyd out-benched all our LB's.

Besides the WR's dogs***t 40 times, only 1 (Ebner) had a higher vertical jump than Solder. I know Solder is a freak, but a 6'9" 300 lb o-lineman has no business out-jumping our "skill" position players. Solder may have to play like 5 positions this year.

Overall I'm pleased with the numbers, but now I'm even more desperate for Simmons to make it here asap.

if simmons really does run sub 4.5 40 times, he could be the linchpin to our offense this year...

Edit: by linchpin, I mean the difference between average and good or better. Without speed outside, it will be difficult to run inside... unless they forget about speedy/scott/moyd/locky coming out of the backfield or slot... however, those guys won't be running those routes every snap, and they won't be consistent threats. Having a WR we KNOW can blow by a corner in single coverage with a solid move would be huge for this offense and force safeties to respect us on every down, making those 3 yard gains 5+ yard gains...

Also, I hope he can block... tired of our 5'10 WR getting destroyed on the outside

Last edited:
if simmons really does run sub 4.5 40 times, he could be the linchpin to our offense this year...

Edit: by linchpin, I mean the difference between average and good or better. Without speed outside, it will be difficult to run inside... unless they forget about speedy/scott/moyd/locky coming out of the backfield or slot... however, those guys won't be running those routes every snap, and they won't be consistent threats. Having a WR we KNOW can blow by a corner in single coverage with a solid move would be huge for this offense and force safeties to respect us on every down, making those 3 yard gains 5+ yard gains...

Also, I hope he can block... tired of our 5'10 WR getting destroyed on the outside

But only if we have a QB with the arm to get it to them...

insert "CH can too statement here":smile2:

Hey, that's why they put Moyd at WR - he will just toss the defenders out of the way. And he's not going to outrun Cody's arm. :smile2:

Two of our weakest positions, WR and DL have slow 40 times, color me shocked. In fairness if they were all running 4.3s I'de be pissed for them massively underachieving the last couple of years.

Anyway our Oline and RBs look pretty ba.

Besides the WR's dogs***t 40 times, only 1 (Ebner) had a higher vertical jump than Solder. I know Solder is a freak, but a 6'9" 300 lb o-lineman has no business out-jumping our "skill" position players. Solder may have to play like 5 positions this year.

I've always thought Solder would make a great tight end. Is there any talk of moving him?

:smile2:

Two of our weakest positions, WR and DL have slow 40 times, color me shocked. In fairness if they were all running 4.3s I'de be pissed for them massively underachieving the last couple of years.

Anyway our Oline and RBs look pretty ba.

it shouldn't be that way for too long though. forrest west is very fast for his size and i would assume kasa would run under 5.0.

it shouldn't be that way for too long though. forrest west is very fast for his size and i would assume kasa would run under 5.0.
which is why I and many others think Forrest is the sleeper pick to contribute and Kasa has a great chance to see significant playing time.

Back