What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring ball starts Friday

No I mean have a starter, but also a back-up who will fight to try and become the starter. Competition does breed better players IMO.

This sounds vaguely like what I have seen for the last three years at QB. That is some scary ****.:afraid::afraid:

Believe me I mean nothing even remotely close to what the last 5 years have been.

1. Attitude
2. Identity
3. Intensity
4. Final 2 QBs decided by the spring game then you have all summer to beat one another out, competition breads better players.
These are the things that I am most interested in from this new coaching staff (especially the first 3). Running the ball has a lot to do with attitude and intensity which is why I'm so interested in our running game this spring. I believe how well we run the ball will tell us volumes about what to expect this season.

The biggest problem with Spring ball this year is that the things that we really need to see can't really be shown in Spring Ball. It's highly unlikely a #1 QB will emerge, and you can't judge special teams because a great play on one side usually corresponds to a breakdown on the other side.

So I'll be looking for small indications that we're improving in those areas. Are the QB's reads progressing? What's the timing like between the QB and the receivers? Which QB sells the play action best? Are we kicking the ball deep on kickoffs? How is our accuracy on FG attempts inside the 30?

Are we kicking the ball deep on kickoffs? How is our accuracy on FG attempts inside the 30?

These are things you may evaluate as a fan at the April scrimmages, but the kickers will not have had enough opportunity to practice to show much this first weekend. They will be rusty. Patience. Hearing good things.

I would hope they bring back the 9 on 7 drill that would bring toughness to the oline and dline and set the mood for the summer workouts.

I would hope they bring back the 9 on 7 drill that would bring toughness to the oline and dline and set the mood for the summer workouts.

believe that his been confirmed at one point or another.

Today's Post has the open spring practices. I'm not going to link it here, as it is a Henderson article, and I know I can't withstand the negative rep.:thumbsup:
You can look it up yourself.

BUT,
I have this schedule from another source, and it matches the Post's info, so I'm going with it.
Practices which are open:

Friday March 11, 4 to 6:30 p.m.;
Saturday March 12 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.;
and Sunday, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.

Although Embree hasn't done anything like the last crew, we may expect the practices to be on the practice fields, not in Folsom. But one or the other.

After that, there is a April 2 scrimmage, time not determined
and the April 9 spring game, 6 p.m. - but there will be events all day on April 9th beforehand.

It's probably not something that we'll be able to tell from spring ball, but we absolutely MUST improve on special teams. All facets of special teams. Kicking, punting, kick returns, punt returns, coverage. I don't know for sure, but it sure seemed like we were giving up between 50-100 yards a game in field position last year because our special teams flat out cliniced.
fify

does anyone know the parking situation for the spring game? what lots are open and how do you get on them?

does anyone know the parking situation for the spring game? what lots are open and how do you get on them?

anyone who takes sacky gate's spot will be murdered. Thats the ****ing parking situation.

For those of you who have been to practices, is it worth going or is one of those things that gets boring after 5 min?

Today's Post has the open spring practices. I'm not going to link it here, as it is a Henderson article, and I know I can't withstand the negative rep.:thumbsup:
You can look it up yourself.

BUT,
I have this schedule from another source, and it matches the Post's info, so I'm going with it.
Practices which are open:

Friday March 11, 4 to 6:30 p.m.;
Saturday March 12 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.;
and Sunday, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.

Although Embree hasn't done anything like the last crew, we may expect the practices to be on the practice fields, not in Folsom. But one or the other.

After that, there is a April 2 scrimmage, time not determined
and the April 9 spring game, 6 p.m. - but there will be events all day on April 9th beforehand.

CUBUFFS.com has the practice schedule up.

See for yourself.

Tonight (Friday): 4:30-6:15 p.m.
March 12 (Sat): 1:30-3:30 p.m.
March 13 (Sun): 1:30-3:30 p.m.

I'm going with the CUBuffs schedule, posted 03/10/2011.

Do we know if any players will be limited or sitting out this spring due to injury? Mainly thinking about Major and Perkins here, but I am sure I missing others.

Do we know if any players will be limited or sitting out this spring due to injury? Mainly thinking about Major and Perkins here, but I am sure I missing others.
check the latest CU buffs article by brooks. Has a table with all the injuries from last season and how they affect this season.

I just got off the phone with the ticket office. They say that all the regular parking spots will be available for the Spring Game. I'm not 100% sure I believe that, so I reiterated the question by saying "I park right next to Farrand Hall. You're saying that will be open?" and they said "yes". So as for right now, we'll be in our traditional spot for the spring tailgate.

check the latest CU buffs article by brooks. Has a table with all the injuries from last season and how they affect this season.

Thanks. Looks like Perkins and Orms are TBD. Hope they can get out there sometime this spring, even more questions in that secondary if they are out.

Was going to attend today but will instead be watching our first appearance in B12 Semis...

I appreciate your enthusiasm. I never really get that excited for spring ball. I mainly look forward to it being an annual placemarker meaning that we are that much closer to football season, but in the famous words of Allen Iverson: "We're talking about practice."

I just got off the phone with the ticket office. They say that all the regular parking spots will be available for the Spring Game. I'm not 100% sure I believe that, so I reiterated the question by saying "I park right next to Farrand Hall. You're saying that will be open?" and they said "yes". So as for right now, we'll be in our traditional spot for the spring tailgate.

thanks for checking. I am going to try and get 20+ people to show up this year.

Sacky's post brings us to another question... what is the goal (or what should it be) for spring game attendance? The AD clearly wants to make it a special event by putting it at night.

Back