What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Depth Chart

Yeah,where are all the fans who slobbered over kai moving to fb and telling people not to question this move at?

3rd string fb? If kai is playing 5 plays a game, this would be the DUMBEST move so far in the hawk era.

Either play him full-time at fb or KEEP him on the OL.

I knew this was dumb the moment I first saw it here.

Syko,

Permit me to offer you four words from your own avatar.

Here's why I like the Maiva move:

1. Physical attributes. Yes, he was an outstanding freshman, but his potential for future growth remained limited and our All-American freshman would have been almost certainly been overtaken by an ever-improving stable of gifted lineman. He faced the possibility of fading to obscurity while remaining at guard.

However, that same physical skill-set (and nasty disposition) that permitted him to overcome his limited stature as a guard, will permit him to dominate as a FB...in the long run.

2. An unbalanced offense. Our offense is seeking balance in passing versus run plays, but clearly the run is developing as our dominant capablity. You already understand the concept...show them we can run any time, force them to stack the box and tear them apart with the passing game. Run first. A dominant fullback plays a dominant role in the ability to run the ball anytime on any opponent.

3. Versatility. Fear the run, respect the blocking fullback and then watch him catch the ball out of the backfield.

So you agree with all of that (maybe?), but don't understand what that has to do with our 3rd string FB?

Think long term--past this season. There's some talent and experience ahead of our young FB. But during Kai's last two years of eligibility he will be a FORCE. I'm willing to give him up at guard this season, to let him learn the ropes now and make those last two years a reality. In the long term, to me, this personnel decision makes sense.

I hope the move sticks.

Back