1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Football Award Winners

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[tweet]577187215576444928[/tweet]

Congrats to all the winners!

(Now let's speculate on all the 1st Team All-Pac-12 winners this means we'll have in 2015. :smile2:)

aik likes this.
  2. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Kough was already a fringe starter, I wonder if he impressed coaches enough to start full time this season.

3. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

That at would be really good

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Chris Hill is a McChesney guy so no surprise in getting an Iron Buffalo there. They have Mathewes listed at LB so that is interesting.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The post-spring depth chart will be very interesting. It will be the first time we will see the new positions in the front 7 and who is in them.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I mentioned this in another thread, but I noticed Issac Miler playing LT on the Black team today. That would indicate to me that's where they project him playing. If Irwin gets hurt, do we put a freshman in that spot? He still has a lit of filling out to do.

7. Bigbuffs

Bigbuffs Member

I could be wrong but I think Mac said he was almost guaranteed to redshirt.

8. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Ed Caldwell was playing RT as well but he won't see the field.

Isaac's practicing at LT but he's not the backup (Kronshage), and remember there's some guys who can move around such as Lisella, Callahan, Kough, etc.

He's 280 but he's 30 pounds short still. They like him a lot, but not for 2015.

The offensive line is currently the top unit on this team as it's a competitive battlefield and there's solid guys there. Our D-Line is going to be just as good assuming Tupou can stick around and we find the right combination, but only if we find some pass rushers. There's 2x the depth on both lines than we've had in a long time.

9. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

they are going to have to be good cause the LB corps is going to be an Achilles heel on D.

10. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Well, it's a good thing they have seemingly made the transition to a 4-2-5 look where they only have to have two actual LBs on the field.

11. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

With the way our Oline is shaping up and the influx of RB talent coming in, one has to like the potential in the running game this fall. I'm more excited for that than the passing game for sure.

12. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Hopefully we run the ball a lot. Take the pressure off of Sefo and keep the ball out of opponents hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

That's my hope. I think we have talent coming in that hasn't been there in a while.

14. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I definitely think we will run the ball much more this year. Our OL could be stronger in the run game to up the middle with bigger bodies in Callahan and Kough or Huckins being maulers. Even if Adkins can't stay healthy, Lindsay and Carr should provide us with some good backs. Both can catch to so it wouldn't surprise me if we see them line up a bit as WR'S for a screen or other play to create a mismatch on the outside.

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Lindgren will have to change tendencies big time for us to be an effective running team.