What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

What @sackman and @MtnBuff are saying. I would be pretty unhappy about it but I easily see a scenario where we are close without getting to a bowl game and MacIntyre is retained. I do think some of it depends on how this recruiting class finishes out and how recruiting looks next year.

You guys might want to pay attention to this post.
Saying the same thing over and over doesn't magically make it true.

Fact is none of us knows for sure what the criteria is for keeping MM. It's worth the discussion, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss opposing viewpoints simply because they don't agree with your take on things.

I don't think it's that simple, frankly. I think there's more at play than wins and losses.

I don't think it's that simple, frankly. I think there's more at play than wins and losses.
Why. There is very little room for improvement between this year and a bowl game. This year was not acceptable. All signs point to a bowl game. Simply doubting that without reason seems... Contrary for the reason of being contrary

Saying the same thing over and over doesn't magically make it true.

Fact is none of us knows for sure what the criteria is for keeping MM. It's worth the discussion, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss opposing viewpoints simply because they don't agree with your take on things.

Nik did not post that just to repeat something.

If you can't win half your games in year 4 with a team dominated by upper classmen, you are not the guy.

All the arguments about there being room for improvement without making a bowl were made last year. Make a bowl game or find someone who can. The excuses for losing need to end eventually, hopefully that time is now.

RG said, two seasons ago, that his expectation was to make a bowl game. He's trying to sell this program to boosters. He's trying to raise $105 million plus. Not making a bowl game would make for a very difficult sell. We are a much more desireable job than we were after Embree. We will be an experienced team next year and will lose much of that experience in '17. Alparently RG was visibly and vocally upset after the Utah loss. All of this adds up to Mac being released if he does not get us to a bowl game.

Let's just say Nik would not make that post without knowing what the clear expectations are for the 2016 season.

giphy.gif

MM himself made the goal of making a bowl game in 2015. He didn't accomplish that. He knows what the expectation is in 2016 and I really hope he accomplishes it or exceeds it.

RG said, two seasons ago, that his expectation was to make a bowl game. He's trying to sell this program to boosters. He's trying to raise $105 million plus. Not making a bowl game would make for a very difficult sell. We are a much more desireable job than we were after Embree. We will be an experienced team next year and will lose much of that experience in '17. Alparently RG was visibly and vocally upset after the Utah loss. All of this adds up to Mac being released if he does not get us to a bowl game.
I think RG is not happy with modest improvement. I think the rope is shorter than most of you think.

When the AD is sending out bulk emails saying "The football team is performing below expectations and we are committed to fixing it", that is a not so subtle public communication that his standards are higher than closer losses.

So, we all agree then, all the signs are there that Mac better get it done this season. OK, next topic.

The bottom line is MM is 10-27 with few conference wins, no signature wins, not even an upset (except in the wrong direction). At some point, incremental progress isn't enough, especially with the offense having regressed and the unfathomable special teams play.

The bottom line is MM is 10-27 with few conference wins, no signature wins, not even an upset (except in the wrong direction). At some point, incremental progress isn't enough, especially with the offense having regressed and the unfathomable special teams play.

The AD has been very patient with HCMM. I think RG, being involved with football at multiple levels including at CU, understood what type of mess HCMM was working with. That being said, I think the patience is about at its end. There has been improvement in virtually every stat, at most positions, on this team. It is time for that improvement to start showing up in the W column. Its not a hard concept.

There's a whole lot of definitive statements being thrown around which makes me wonder if there is some inside info that the rest of us don't know about. If it's nothing more than reading between the lines from the latest AD update, I'd be cautious of making any conclusions based on what was said there.

There's a whole lot of definitive statements being thrown around which makes me wonder if there is some inside info that the rest of us don't know about. If it's nothing more than reading between the lines from the latest AD update, I'd be cautious of making any conclusions based on what was said there.
doubting just to doubt is fine, but I'd say that your doubt is based on less evidence than those who think it's bowl game or bust.

doubting just to doubt is fine, but I'd say that your doubt is based on less evidence than those who think it's bowl game or bust.
What evidence? The AD newsletter where RG says he's disappointed with the results of the season? There's a big leap from that to "MM is fired if he doesn't make a bowl game in 2016". If there's other evidence, please show it to me. Honestly, I could have missed it.

What evidence? The AD newsletter where RG says he's disappointed with the results of the season? There's a big leap from that to "MM is fired if he doesn't make a bowl game in 2016". If there's other evidence, please show it to me. Honestly, I could have missed it.

I think what all of them are saying is that they have evidence, that they can't show you. Saying as much as they can without actually saying it.

I think what all of them are saying is that they have evidence, that they can't show you. Saying as much as they can without actually saying it.
That's usually the kind of thing that gets posters excoriated around here. "I know something you don't know, but I can't tell you, so you'll just have to believe me."

That's usually the kind of thing that gets posters excoriated around here. "I know something you don't know, but I can't tell you, so you'll just have to believe me."

Think its a bit different when those posters have a history of having reliable inside information vs 21 year olds running their mouth.

Every single thing RG has said about the football team points to it going back to his long term goals for the program. Other circumstantial evidence: The recruiting class we need next year. The size of the senior and junior classes next year. Insider rumblings.

Plus, your alternate theory (more incremental improvement of what, one more win, and it's fine) has even less evidence beyond being illogical.

Every single thing RG has said about the football team points to it going back to his long term goals for the program. Other circumstantial evidence: The recruiting class we need next year. The size of the senior and junior classes next year. Insider rumblings.

Plus, your alternate theory (more incremental improvement of what, one more win, and it's fine) has even less evidence beyond being illogical.

You don't think that incremental improvement in wins (1) and a big leap in recruiting could save his job? If this evidence is his communications with boosters then I would take that with a grain of salt.

Back