What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

This is the crux of the matter. Fans are leaving in droves - some of you say that everyone who will leave is already gone. I do not agree. Rick George has to turn around the perception of the CU football program in the public's eye if MacIntyre does not do it on the field.
I think there is a core group of die hard fans and that we are, pretty much, down to that core. Nowhere to go but up.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how we could lose any more fans than we have. There aren't any casual CU football fans.

I honestly don't know how we could lose any more fans than we have. There aren't any casual CU football fans.
We are literally just two one good top 25 ranked season away from seeing a ton of people walk around in CU gear again. Colorado loves it's football... When it's winning!

At this point, the attrition is of the natural causes sort. We have a lot of older season ticket holders and every year we lose some due to frail health or death. The Millenials haven't taken notice in large numbers and won't until the wins happen.

So CU wins 5 next year, but gets to a bowl because there are so many bad teams (like this year), then loses convincingly to another 5 win team....

There might not be casual fans but I think they have cut into their core. I know a couple of people who were very rabid who will not be back next year. Fans keep saying one more year until they say - "I am done." CU has been strangely quiet regarding season ticket sales and financial performance.

There might not be casual fans but I think they have cut into their core. I know a couple of people who were very rabid who will not be back next year. Fans keep saying one more year until they say - "I am done." CU has been strangely quiet regarding season ticket sales and financial performance.

I think last year really hurt also because the game times made it hard for a lot of people to go. When you're hanging on even though you know it hasn't been money well spent, it's an extra kick in the nuts when you don't even use the tickets. Anyone with kids, long commutes or has reached that age when coming home from a cold, rainy football game after midnight doesn't sound like fun... well, we're losing some of those die hard fans after what they all went through last season.

I suppose my Dad falls into that category. I think he made it to three of the seven games last year. He still buys the tickets, though. The thing is that I don't think he would have made any special effort to go to the games he missed had the team been better. It was more of an issue with the time the games kicked off.

Great timing for spring football. Break in the IPF in the middle of our snowiest month, have the game later in the spring, and shorten then time of the roughest part of the offseason for fans.

Great timing for spring football. Break in the IPF in the middle of our snowiest month, have the game later in the spring, and shorten then time of the roughest part of the offseason for fans.
I thought we were moving later to accommodate Sheriron's transfer back to CU

Expect more of the same, this year as a number of potentially key players won't even be on campus yet.
Like who? Webb, if he ends up signing here and some of the freshman kids, who maybe 1 or 2 will be significant contributors, but besides that, who will they be missing?

I thought it was being moved back because of Lindgren & Chiaverini. They want to get on the same page before beginning camp, which makes sense.
Actually, I think a big reason is to take the time to get the new strength and conditioning program fully implemented.

DOOOOOM by 21.5
Over/Under on number of sacks: 212
Definitely taking the over on this one. It's an annual tradition:

April:
  • DL dominates OL at Spring Game
  • Allbuffs Reaction: "The DL might just be gelling this year."
August:
  • DL looks reeeeeeally good in practice
  • Allbuffs Reaction: "The DL is going to be our strength this year! Bowl here we come!"
15 minutes into the first game:

• Allbuffs reaction: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. it's gonna be a long season."

Everybody gets what they want in the Spring Game. Optimists see every play as evidence that the player or unit is poised for a breakout year. Pessimists see the same play as evidence that the other side of the ball, sucks.

I admit that I'm really excited to see Montez. I'm hope star/bust labels won't be affixed to whatever he shows, but I'm excited to get a glimpse of his athleticism and playmaking ability.

Really interested to see how the coaches use Chido now that crawley is gone.

Also will be very interesting to see how haigler looks physically, the early reviews have been really good.

Is Haigler a OL or TE? We need help at both places so your comment is great to hear.

Tackle. Apparently very athletic and long just needs to be more physical and get bigger. Even at his reduced size he did well on scout team apparently so will be interesting to watch. We really need more athleticism and length at the tackle position since there are so many athletic pass rushers in the PAC12. I like lIsella but he seems like more of a guard and he was exposed last year (although it was his first year playing and he wasn't supposed to be on the firld this early).

Tackle. Apparently very athletic and long just needs to be more physical and get bigger. Even at his reduced size he did well on scout team apparently so will be interesting to watch. We really need more athleticism and length at the tackle position since there are so many athletic pass rushers in the PAC12. I like lIsella but he seems like more of a guard and he was exposed last year (although it was his first year playing and he wasn't supposed to be on the firld this early).
Lisella got better as the season progressed. Held his own near the end of the year. Like you said, wasn't supposed to be playing at all. Hopefully we see him take another step this offseason.

Lisella could go to either G or T. Also be interesting to see how much Lynott and Middlemiss bring to the table. Would also love to see Miller finally come in healthy and compete.

Also easy to forget that Kough and Kronsage were both Sophs last year. Don't think they have especially high ceilings but they can be expected to get bigger and stronger.

Losts of questions to be answered but maybe more answers than we thought last year.

There was a good amount of PT spread around for o line last year. If the o line isnt substantially better I'll be really bummed.

Back