1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring Game Format

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ScottyBuff, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Brooks: QB Hirschman (And Friends) Settling In Nicely

Interesting format, not sure it is best for the team's development and chemistry, but should make it more balanced.

Wonder who each "captain" would pick first?

Clemons? Simas? Solder? Smith?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

At least one of the assistants will get interim HC duties...they are going to need it during the season.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

ouch. will Kiesau call the plays for both teams?

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I would suspect that the coaches will have Tyler and Cody pick teams. They don't want controversy on that.

Imagine if they named Jimmy and Jalil as captains (random example of 2 guys who would balance the fairness of the rosters)... and one guy picked Tyler first but the other guy waited several rounds and then took Hirschman.

5. ScottyBuff

That's what I was thinking. You would figure that the two QB's know more about the rest of the team, especially the defense that they practice against to make the best picks, and the ones to make themselves look better in the competition (which is really what will make or break our season anyway).

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I like it

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I wonder what rules there are in place for choosing the players for each team?

8. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

are they going to play football or red rover?

red rover red rover send MTM on over. boom crash.

9. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

That's cool except it would be nice to see the entire first team (whoever it is) actually playing together.

I'm not excited about an oline of Solder, Daniels, Stevens, Bahr, Harris

10. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

This is the perfect way to not choose your starting quarterback. Maybe they'll do this in the fall too.

11. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

The way that I read it did not indicate to me that the captains would be doing the drafting, but it could be read either way, really. I think the scenario that you lay out would be teh awesome.

12. SINKRATZ

Just saw on Kensler's blog about the Spring Game that Givens and MTM have been ruled out due to academics...WTF?!?!

Then in Ringo's article he said Lynn Katoa was visiting players and coaches at Dal Ward on Monday...WTF again?!?!

13. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

We might have a better season if they do.:smile2:

Anyway, so how will they decide which side gets Dan for a coach? Seems like a bit of a handicap... No?

14. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I wonder who will get picked last. Or, in my case when I was a kid, second to last. There was always someone suckier than I. :lol:

15. SINKRATZ

If Tyler and Cody are captains, Tyler should pick the shortest olineman at each position making Cody have to throw around the giants - it would be a blowout.

16. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I do not like this, coaches always talk about how important practices are, they're essentially wasting a spring game doing this. Is it really all that hard for our coaches to line up the first team offense against the first team defense and have an actual game? Do we constantly have to bring in new people every single play? Hawk likes to talk about rhythm, but it would seem to me that the way he rotates players that would defeat that rhythm just as fast as playing situation football. Just like having our first and second team QBs playing with random combinations at OL and WR will not really help to form cohesion.

17. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

I sort of agree with you WR, i'd like to see the coaches make the decisions. play the scrimmage and put the focus on football. why does everything with Hawk have to have the cutesy-gimmick factor.

this feels more like playing egg-toss in practice than putting the QB 1 spot on the line in live action.

18. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Agree on the coaches. They really are the one's who need the practice in a real situation since they need all of the practice they can get.

I also want live QBs - let them get hit. That is how Tyler will separate himself and we can get past all of this "practice all-star" BS.

19. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Anymore info on these two blurbs? Inquiring minds wanna know.....

20. ScottyBuff

Buffnik posted in another thread that Max and Bryce on not playing in the spring game in order to focus on academics, that was confirmed from the Brooks article on CU's site.

Most likely that means that the progress reports that the coaches get on their players wasn't "up to snuff" for some of their classes. I don't think that means they are on the verge of being academically ineligible, but hopefully this is a step that prevents that from happening in the future.

21. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

yep.. with Hawk it's all just a big ol game of fun. While other teams are working hard and improving this spring, we're playing park football and wasting valuable limited practices.

I wonder if The Chart will be in action for this "game"?

22. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

That would suck for Hirschman, wouldn't it? Or will they find a way to get him on the field for a ceremonial throw or two?